South vs. Gate City. 2010

firstrebel81

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, my heavens, can't believe you said that. If you have a son, why don't you go buy a DVD and critique the film and his play on Saturday in the privacy of your living room, instead of critiquing the team on on here. Come on here and talk football, but you should try to be careful who you call out on the team. And another thing, not long ago you were being so humble and apologizing and now you come on and say "sometimes you have to smile and concede". Must not have been a sincere apology. HuHHHHHHH!!!

100% sincere MJ. If I offended someone, I'm sorry.

I did "come on here and talk football"....and it offended someone. That wasn't the intention. It was just the result of talking about the parts of the game that seemed the most lacking to me against GC. I will repeat them now: we got beat up front, we didn't tackle very well, we didn't take care of the ball, and the play calling could've been better at times. I can promise you, the above list includes most everyone that played or coaches...and it may offend many. No "one" was called out. It was a team effort loss.

My kids are no one's business, but I have nothing to hide. I raised my children the same way I was raised...personal accountability. What can "you" do to help your team? I always complimented the good, but there was always something to improve on. If they had 20 tackles, 200 yds and 3 TDs then great job...but here is what you need to improve on before next game. I guarantee you they've been offended by me...and not by accident. But thanks for the advice anyway.

My response to Comp is that nothing's changed. I will state what I see this Friday night. My intention won't be to offend, but I'm sure it will none the less.

How good is Gate City? I worked with some guys who were from SW Virginia. They talked about LPD Football all the time.

In '09 Gate City was not much. For 2010 they probably are at the top of their classification. In VA there are 3 classifications. Gate City is single A. That is a max of 700 students which equates to about 3A in TN. I would compare them to Knox West for this season.

In '09 Gate City was not much. For 2010 they probably are at the top of their classification. In VA there are 3 classifications. Gate City is single A. That is a max of 700 students which equates to about 3A in TN. I would compare them to Knox West for this season.

And like Tennessee, Virginia expands to 6 playoff divisions with Gate City playing in Division 2 for the playoffs. Richlands beat them 31-0 earlier in the season, but I heard they were missing their top player. Richlands will probably make a run for the state title in Division 3.