Northeast Tennessee Conference Alignment

RebelConvert

I thought DB had a couple of realistic chances to go far into the playoffs in 2006 and 2008.DB had two very talented teams and no Maryville.Things happen and it was not to be.Right now you have very talented Bearden and Maryville teams before you can think of playing an Oakland or Smyrna type to reach the finals.A very big task for any team.

Yes, 2006 & 2008. 2008 should have been a double in 5A and 4A.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you took Maryville out of your "super" conference, would you still expect the winner of this "super" conference to play for a gold ball every year? I'm just sayin...........

Maybe not every year, but then again the only other conference i could think of would be the region with SMYRNA, BLACKMAN, RIVERDALE AND OAKLAND. That's already a super conference,Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!1

I thought DB had a couple of realistic chances to go far into the playoffs in 2006 and 2008.DB had two very talented teams and no Maryville.Things happen and it was not to be.Right now you have very talented Bearden and Maryville teams before you can think of playing an Oakland or Smyrna type to reach the finals.A very big task for any team.

It's finally starting to sink in!! :roflol:

Heres my NE TN conferences proposal

Conference A - DB, Science Hill, TN High, Elizabethton, Sullivan South, Sullivan Central, Sullivan East, Johnson Co.

Conference B - Jeff Co., Sevier Co., Morristown East, Morristown West, Cocke Co., Grainger Co., Seymour, South Doyle

Conference C - Crockett, Boone, Volunteer, Sullivan North, Greeneville, Unicoi Co., Cherokee, Happy Valley

I believe these conferences would be more competitive from top to bottom. I dont think conferences should be made up solely on school size although i tried the best I could to make them as geographically fit as possible.

Conference A - DB, Science Hill, TN High, Elizabethton, Sullivan South, Sullivan Central, Sullivan East, Johnson Co.

Conference B - Jeff Co., Sevier Co., Morristown East, Morristown West, Cocke Co., Grainger Co., Seymour, South Doyle

Conference C - Crockett, Boone, Volunteer, Sullivan North, Greeneville, Unicoi Co., Cherokee, Happy Valley

I believe these conferences would be more competitive from top to bottom. I dont think conferences should be made up solely on school size although i tried the best I could to make them as geographically fit as possible.

YOU DRINKING,PUT IT DOWN AND GO SLEEP IT OFF AND COME BACK AND LOOK WHAT YOU WROTE :roflol:

This year alone. I'm sure this may not be right, but I'd say.

1. D-B, SH, JeffC, SC, ME, MW, TH, Greeneville

2. Sullivan South, Boone, Crockett, Elizabethton, Sullivan North, Seymour, South Greene, Claiborne Co

3. Happy Valley, Johnson County, West Greene, Cherokee, Sullivan Central, Volunter, Cocke County, South Doyle

Here you go = ConfA=D-B,SHILL,SEVIER CO,JEFF CO,MORRISTOWN EAST and WEST,,confB=SSOUTH,DBOONE,SNORTH,GREENEVILLE,ELIZABETHTON,CHEROKEE,,confC=HVALLEY,SDOYLE,SEYMOUR,GRAINGER CO,COCKE CO,,Heres the good one ,i did this for CAP1,,confD=TENNHIGH,SCENTRAL,SEAST,JOHNSON CO,DCROCKETT,VOLUNTEER,UNICOI CO==This way TENNHIGH can count these as CONFERENCE games and then talk about how they've won all the TITLES and there the TOP team around,Then CAP1 want look like a compete FOOL,WELL maybe so :roflol:

Here you go = ConfA=D-B,SHILL,SEVIER CO,JEFF CO,MORRISTOWN EAST and WEST,,confB=SSOUTH,DBOONE,SNORTH,GREENEVILLE,ELIZABETHTON,CHEROKEE,,confC=HVALLEY,SDOYLE,SEYMOUR,GRAINGER CO,COCKE CO,,Heres the good one ,i did this for CAP1,,confD=TENNHIGH,SCENTRAL,SEAST,JOHNSON CO,DCROCKETT,VOLUNTEER,UNICOI CO==This way TENNHIGH can count these as CONFERENCE games and then talk about how they've won all the TITLES and there the TOP team around,Then CAP1 want look like a compete FOOL,WELL maybe so :roflol:

Still not a fair conference for Unicoi, but alas not sure what is.

After Tai Chi class last week, Waco and I were sharing a hookah and discussing this very topic. We determined that there may be some overthinking involved and the answer is to simplify. Instead of a numerical and letter system, we came up with a two leveled category that would be easier to follow. See below for details. We are still in the hammering out process so your input would be heard but probably not considered (if you know how me or Waco work).

2011 Northeast Tennesseee Conference Alignment:

I. Big Dogs

2. Dogs Under the Porch

Basic Defining Categories:

* If your team has won any sort of championship that is archived on a stone wall - you may start out as a Big Dog

*If you have over 5 fans that you can dress up and drag to the game (under influence or duress is acceptable)- you may start out as a Big Dog

*If you have a winning coach that you clearly stole from another team in the area-you must start out under the porch for 3 years

*If you have a losing coach and gift him to another team- you get 3 years of immunity as a Big Dog

*If your team has multicolored players, fans, coaches, or concession workers- you qualify as a Big Dog

*If your team does not have at least one farm boy on the team - you are Under the Porch

*If you have a fancy new stadium but no team to show for it- you must stay Under the Porch

In the obviously fair system, TSSAA will only allow Waco and myself to add, delete, or change any rules. Big Dogs will play Big Dogs and Under the Porchers will play Under the Porch until they can play with the Big Dogs. Status can only be determined my me & Waco and we can only do that when we are not busy and somewhat sober. Do not tell us when that occurs, we will tell you. You are, again, welcome to make suggestions for us to consider but do so only at your own risk. Anything you say or do can and problably will be used for your own personal public humility or our own entertainment. These rules do not apply in Yoganda, Maui, Darmstadt, or Tallahassee.

Edited by BTaylorMom

Big Boy Conference: Dobyns-Bennett, Tennessee High,Science Hill, Mo-East, Mo-West, Sevier Co,Jeff Co

County Bumpkin Conference: Daniel Boone, David Crockett, Volunteer, Cherokee, Sullivan South, Sullivan Central, Sullivan North, Sull. East

Mountain Midlins Conference: Elizabethton, Greeneville,Happy Valley, Unicoi Co.,Johnson Co.,South Greene

Tiny Titans Conference: Chucky-Dokie, North Greene, West Greene, Cloudland, Unaka, Hampton

Classification numbers could be off a little, but considering the type of school systems, relative size, and current competitive nature of the programs, these would be the most justifiable groupings for NET, IMHO. Did I leave anybody out?