McMinn Central

PUMMELKING

Well we do agree Centraldoes have some issues and yes they can be fixed for next year. Get rid of the entire admin at Central front office and AD.

I am ashamed of some of the comments made on here. One, let's not name call the kids on these discussions. I too would like to see these kids have a stronger fire in their belly with the desire to be the best. It is hard to go to practice, put in the effort, and not win on Friday. Look back at MCentral past and we do see trends. There are many teams that have had 1 win seasons or losing seasons in the past. Wyatt did not throw the ball on Friday it was the Holly kid, and yes he does have a good arm, pretty fast, and is a good kid. I think he has a bum knee or something because he has had to be carried off the field in every game he has particiapated in. I think he would make a great QB for this team, but with him being so injury prone it would be hard for a coach to make a game plan around him. The coaches put in the plays, but cannot dictate where the ball is thrown, if you have coached then you know it is not as easy as one would think to get kids to understand that not every throw has to be for the end zone. As for the block punt, Warhorse is correct when speaking about who should be blocking. It is a matter of numbers and blocking assignments. Think about it- do you really want your slowest players on the field- when the other coach is sending his fastest guy out to return a punt? If so I would love to play one of your teams.

Like I said before these issues will be nullified in a couple of years. I agree with some of your statements guys, but I am not about to get on a message board and down a bunch of young men who put in the work all week long. Know what, neither should any of us. I would love to be able to go to some of the posters on here jobs and watch them work and be able to critique what they are doing. Think about it- so many people go out, half do a job every week, then blast coaches and kids for their efforts.

I am ashamed of some of the comments made on here. One, let's not name call the kids on these discussions. I too would like to see these kids have a stronger fire in their belly with the desire to be the best. It is hard to go to practice, put in the effort, and not win on Friday. Look back at MCentral past and we do see trends. There are many teams that have had 1 win seasons or losing seasons in the past. Wyatt did not throw the ball on Friday it was the Holly kid, and yes he does have a good arm, pretty fast, and is a good kid. I think he has a bum knee or something because he has had to be carried off the field in every game he has particiapated in. I think he would make a great QB for this team, but with him being so injury prone it would be hard for a coach to make a game plan around him. The coaches put in the plays, but cannot dictate where the ball is thrown, if you have coached then you know it is not as easy as one would think to get kids to understand that not every throw has to be for the end zone. As for the block punt, Warhorse is correct when speaking about who should be blocking. It is a matter of numbers and blocking assignments. Think about it- do you really want your slowest players on the field- when the other coach is sending his fastest guy out to return a punt? If so I would love to play one of your teams.

Like I said before these issues will be nullified in a couple of years. I agree with some of your statements guys, but I am not about to get on a message board and down a bunch of young men who put in the work all week long. Know what, neither should any of us. I would love to be able to go to some of the posters on here jobs and watch them work and be able to critique what they are doing. Think about it- so many people go out, half do a job every week, then blast coaches and kids for their efforts.

what is the trend of the past 10-15 years of centrals football record against meigs and polk co?

Since 1998 - Present

3-11 Meigs

4-10 Polk

thanks for the info logcabinman. i wasnt trying to be a smart @#$ but this was the point i was trying to make, both meigs and polk have 1 youth football league. we were 0-10 against meigs until the last 3 years (excluding this year). we have to fix this problem if we are going to get better or else all the good football players will go to mcminn or polk unless they want to play basketball.

Never put a kid down men, these young men play because they want to, or at least that should be the reason. Football and sports in general, is for fun and teaching and learning of character. CHARACTER is what I want my son to learn with this team and any team he may be a part of. The lesson of character comes from many areas and many people. Your coaches should be a main source for any team. Coaches, these kids are looking to you and for an example they can build on. Time for a little self examination guys. Are you doing all you can, first to proof that age old adage that "winning is not everything". I know alot of you may not agree with me, and I'm not saying I like what I'm seeing week after week, I believe we have the talent and it's troubling to see us shoot our selves in the foot time and time again. And as far a the QB goes, the first quality I look for isn't speed or how far he can throw a ball but I believe the QB should be a natural leader, one with a degree of character that can't be taught out on the field but has to come from a his God given ability and the up bringing he has already received from family and other people that has set that good example. Do we have a QB that is ready to lead HIS team? I see one but what I see doesn't really matter, but the cream will rise to the top.

thanks for the info logcabinman. i wasnt trying to be a smart @#$ but this was the point i was trying to make, both meigs and polk have 1 youth football league. we were 0-10 against meigs until the last 3 years (excluding this year). we have to fix this problem if we are going to get better or else all the good football players will go to mcminn or polk unless they want to play basketball.

Yes playmaker, I knew where you were going to go. How do you explain the good years then? Same program. You know I am on the same page as far as older kids together, but other than that- it just will not work.

Yes playmaker, I knew where you were going to go. How do you explain the good years then? Same program. You know I am on the same page as far as older kids together, but other than that- it just will not work.

The recent good years (last 3)was due to darrell king and bo rayburn coaching the kids up from the crickets to the juniors. and they were good coaches who added kids each year where they needed them. the kids were successful so they stayed in it.

The recent good years (last 3)was due to darrell king and bo rayburn coaching the kids up from the crickets to the juniors. and they were good coaches who added kids each year where they needed them. the kids were successful so they stayed in it.

I will not disagree that these two men are great coaches. There are good coaches with both programs that I respect and would be happy to let my kids play for them.

I do want to note that both of these men had sons in which 1 only played 2 (maybe 3 - not sure) years and one did not play at all. I do not question the reasons that these young men did not play, and they are great kids, but it was a choice that was deemed important for them.

I will not disagree that these two men are great coaches. There are good coaches with both programs that I respect and would be happy to let my kids play for them.

I do want to note that both of these men had sons in which 1 only played 2 (maybe 3 - not sure) years and one did not play at all. I do not question the reasons that these young men did not play, and they are great kids, but it was a choice that was deemed important for them.

true but most of the kids, simpson, moss, stiles, green, watson, jarell, ragland, jackson, c.king, price, i am sure i am missing some more but most of them stayed in it, i know darrell would go out of his way to pick kids up and bring them to practice everyday, talk to thier moms to make sure they stayed in it if they missed, he knew he had to go the extra mile but it paid off for the high school. I am sure the coaches in Englewood did the same.

true but most of the kids, simpson, moss, stiles, green, watson, jarell, ragland, jackson, c.king, price, i am sure i am missing some more but most of them stayed in it, i know darrell would go out of his way to pick kids up and bring them to practice everyday, talk to thier moms to make sure they stayed in it if they missed, he knew he had to go the extra mile but it paid off for the high school. I am sure the coaches in Englewood did the same.

I think that efforts are being made to get these kids together. If we all keep plugging away at this I think we can gain some positive results.

Look at past records at hsfdatabase.com, I think it will put into perspective the history of our program. I am like you though, I want to see the future brighter in all of our sports programs.

I think that efforts are being made to get these kids together. If we all keep plugging away at this I think we can gain some positive results.

Look at past records at hsfdatabase.com, I think it will put into perspective the history of our program. I am like you though, I want to see the future brighter in all of our sports programs.

Central should get transfers from McMinn County and Meigs, worked last time you had that happen. LOL

• Upvote 1