Dobyns Bennett vs. Sullivan South 2010

2000southreb81

Pause the trash talk for a minute, I am asking for an honest opinion(s). Not a matter of if just when the city does take in south (basically already surrounded by the city limits), where are they going to put all the kids? Will South become a middle school and if so will a new high school be built to accomodate the extra students or do you foresee more expansion at DB (don't know if there is much room). Of course my hope is that South would remain a high school whether the city takes it or not but it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I'll hang up and listen...

I havnt heard anything yet,and they want say nothing until its done.Maybe it want happen.Just pulling some chains on here. :thumb:

Resume trash talking :popcorneater:

This was in the Johnson City Press on Friday... Thought the Rebels would enjoy this flashback:

This Week in Prep History — September 13, 1991.

Senior defensive tackle Ralph Nelson helped Sullivan South shut down Dobyns-Bennett in a 30-0 destruction.

Nelson — who head coach Mark Smith said, “controlled the line of scrimmage†— had eight solo tackles, five assists, one tackle for loss and a sack as the Rebels held D-B under 100 yards rushing one week after the Indians racked up 62 points.

I guess we all live in the past from time to time :ph34r: Go ahead and attack, i know its coming.

Edited by 2000southreb81

Seriously tho is the heat all sports related or is it something deeper? It feels like Duke/Carolina or UT/Florida from this outsiders view. I get rivalries, but just wondered if it was more.

Here it is in a nut shell. All the Colonial Heights and Rock Springs people are haters of DB. They wanted Colonial Heights to have no part of Kingsport. Jealous of our history and our sports teams. Also, some other reasons that i won't mention and get a bad thing started. These are the most arrogant people in the world. Yeah, really. And, i've never been able to understand why. Go figure. Anyway, they might have won a few games against us over the years but thats all in the past. As far as your wife wanting to change your initials, you should have divorced the huzzy.(even if your just kidding). LMAO.

As far as the game, South seams to be getting the ship going in the right direction, but i don't think they have anything for the Tribe. I think they will probably score a couple times but our offense will be way to much for them with all the speed. DB big in this one 56-14. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pause the trash talk for a minute, I am asking for an honest opinion(s). Not a matter of if just when the city does take in south (basically already surrounded by the city limits), where are they going to put all the kids? Will South become a middle school and if so will a new high school be built to accomodate the extra students or do you foresee more expansion at DB (don't know if there is much room). Of course my hope is that South would remain a high school whether the city takes it or not but it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I'll hang up and listen...

Timesnews.net Saturday September 18th edition has a story about Kingsport's plan to take over the Kendricks Creek area.

Sorry ole pal, looks like 'Lil 2000southreb81' will be an Indian.

Resume trash talking :popcorneater:

This was in the Johnson City Press on Friday... Thought the Rebels would enjoy this flashback:

This Week in Prep History — September 13, 1991.

Senior defensive tackle Ralph Nelson helped Sullivan South shut down Dobyns-Bennett in a 30-0 destruction.

Nelson — who head coach Mark Smith said, “controlled the line of scrimmage†— had eight solo tackles, five assists, one tackle for loss and a sack as the Rebels held D-B under 100 yards rushing one week after the Indians racked up 62 points.

I guess we all live in the past from time to time :ph34r: Go ahead and attack, i know its coming.

Ralph Nelson was a one man wrecking crew. My opinion, he was/is the best lineman to ever come out of the Kingsport/Colonial Heights area.

Me and you both know what the outcome of this game was when the younger Anthony Nelson played.

I'll probably be in to it before this game is over and they have no strings to either one of our teams or conference.Before that happens,I'll say that I have no problems with most South fans or for that matter my own DB fans.We all have fans that get a little excited,I'm one of them.My old school has by far the most arogant fans in the area right now,and everyone will be sick of most of them on coacht before the year is over.I still pull for them to win it all as I will DB every year.I pull for all the local teams come playoff time.I don't get into the everybody hates Chis thing,because everyone doesn't really hate DB,they just would rather beat them then most teams.Before I joined the Tribe,I had the up most respect for their program and I really know now that it was the right thing.

AFTER 5 GAMES:

Since we have a week to reflect and look with ambition toward the future regarding the potential of this team can do, here's my take away from last night's games, and what the Tribe can expect heading into November 5th - First Round of the playoffs. DB is IMO, the Alcoa of Upper ETN because of talent/demographics, and DB has the charachter this year to "not back down" or get intimidated by anyone in the state!

I believe Sevier County was a perfect game for the Tribe this year and I hope TN High and SH provide enough challenging looks to allow DB's players in all positions the ability to raise their game another notch mentally so that when we get to the playoffs, there will be no "deer in the headlights" feelings if indeed we will be seeing the speed and athleticism of some of the Middle TN teams.

In personally knowing a lot of the personelle on DB's team, I feel we not only have the talent to go far this year, but more importantly we have the mindset to "go get it". Historically teams(players not coaches) from ETN sometimes get intimidated when reaching the Middle TN teams and a lot of that has to do with our teams not being used to playing against teams with the athletic/demographic make-up of teams in Middle and/or West TN. Although our last trip to M'boro we had every chance to win. McMinn was what it was. No excuse- but leading RB left with mild fracture in ankle/foot. But if healthy, DB is as good as any team from Middle TN East, and more than likely the state.

Since I believe we have the personelle to get past Maryville this yr if that is our Knox area match up, I'll share my thoughts on the game I went to last night. Which is the team I think we will play if not in the title game, at least the game before potentially.

Oakland at Riverdale: 3 OT Win. (NOTE: Riverdale missed close FG that could have won it easily.)

But since Oakland is ranked so high, and getting a lot of the Pub in Middle TN, at this point they are the team with the bullseye on their back according to the so called "Experts" who think DB is overrated and playing in a inferior league. So, there's a perception that DB plays one or two tough games and then cruises until playoff time. I heard one guy in Nashville compare DB to Boise State for those of you that follow College.

Oakland: Great Fast & Athletic D! You can't easily stretch this team around the ends much, but Riverdale showed that if you can stick with a smash mouth style of play and challenge thier front 5, you have a great chance of moving the ball and eventually opening up the passing game in key situations. Riverdale basically blitzed every play, but Oakland was able to sustain and put together enough solid runs. Riverdale also helped Oakland with their "two fake" play action pass plays that took waay to long to develope against a team with Oakland's speed. Thus sacks and tackles for loss.

That brings me to my main point. DB has the same type of athletes (lineman included) on offense and in the secondary as Oakland as well as speed. If this is our matchup, we absolutely have the ability to beat this team. With DS at wideout who can run with or get open against Oaklands 2ndary, I like our ability to pass when needed. Althought Oakland is big and athletic up front on D, I saw with my own eyes, that a Healthy CS will eventually wear them down. Especially if they have to scout/prepare for our QB, Swafford, and Cannon. (That means everyone could contribute substantially) Oakland will not play DB like teams from upper ETN with all eyes on stopping 32 and let others beat them. They(Oak) have enough talent on D, to man up with DB. But I think that will be there downfall, because they will have never faced a RB as strong as CS.(Outside of Bryson at Smyrna)That is not meant to take away from all of the other talent at DB, because we have a lot of outstanding players on the lines, and at skill positions, but from what I have seen with this years DB team's style of play......32 is the workhorse that opens up our other options/weapons.

There is a lot that I could say about DB's outlook against teams west of Knox that I have watched, but I hate reading long posts myself so I will spare you guys.

Lastly, great win last night against Boone, and we still need to take it one game at a time, not overlooking South TN High or SH. But, from a fans perspective I like to look at the big picture potential. No need to quarrel with South, TN High, Boone, or anyone up there this yr because we Supposed to beat those teams. Remember the DB Pride and Tradition, and march confidently and demand your own BEST - the rest of these etn teams are showing their ultimate respect for DB by taking the time to throw darts like they do.

Roll Tribe!!

sorry for any sp errors, wrote this in a rush......

Ralph Nelson was a one man wrecking crew. My opinion, he was/is the best lineman to ever come out of the Kingsport/Colonial Heights area.

Me and you both know what the outcome of this game was when the younger Anthony Nelson played.

Please go quickly and find game film from DB vs South when DB32's uncle played against Ralph. Or call Ralph and ask him who the greatest D lineman in the HISTORY of UETN is. It isn't even close. Not hating on Ralph, but watned you to have a better understanding of when to use the word "EVER".... Ralph wasn't even the 3rd best lineman the year I am referring to... But that may have been Ralph's JR year, I'm not sure.