54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? Owls or Tigers?

• Smith County Owls
    • Macon County Tigers

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News going around the Winfree kid had surgery and is doing well. Hope to see you all at the game Friday night>> I will be there with bells on!!!From looking at all these comments here.... should prove to be an interesting game...Hmmmmmm

you're borrowing my bells? kewl .. but they are blue . ... :flower::roflol: good luck owls, may all teams have an injury free game !!

mc didn't spread their offense out much against us, scoot. in fact, they didn't get out of the wing-t much at all. they also lined up foot-to-foot for most of the night. the majority of their passing success came on quick routes within 5-10 yards much like sc did against g-ville. i think if macon is to have any success on offense it'll come from a grinding running game not the home run bomb. macon will need to control the clock and try and wear down smith's D, because i don't see them giving up the deep ball. jmo

anybody know the record of W/L when maynord/pemberton have squared off previously?

i have heard 2-0 in pemberton's favor? anybody know for sure. i'm not saying this amounts to a hill of beans. just throwing it out there.

Same offense he ran at Knox Catholic. You could take a blanket and cover the offensive line as they are packed in so tigh. That was the same year(s) that their runningback and safety, Harrison Smith, went to Notre Dame and is still playing there (safety).

And it begins. If our coach does this, if our coach will let us do that. Give me a break. That "coach" has more wins than anyone that has coached at Macon Co put together in the last 40 years probably. He has one gold ball and was a handful of points away from at least two more. Na, he doesn't know anything.

:excl:

And so "what" begins????...if our coach is much of a man and you asked him if he's made some mistakes the first three games I hope he'd say yes....and no more than I know about football I came up with 2 or 3 observations. That doesn't mean I don't support the coach. The only coach not making a mistake is one who's not on the sidelines. And, if he can't take people saying what he did right or wrong then he's probably not ready for the job. He got out coached in the Trousdale game. Our 2 min offense was awful. But, in his defense it was his first game. The 4th down fake punt was unusual and I'm sure he didn't see that coming. But, he did get out coached. Best thing is his team is improving..and for his first year with kids in a new system that is all that can be expected. But, when I see something crazy...like, not repeating a play that worked...then I and I hope anyone else on here would wonder why?...for goodness sakes...Goodpasture scored at least 4 times...ON THE SAME FREEKING PLAY....it worked and they kept running it...to me that's good coaching. Just my "humble" opinion. I just wonder if Macon has a decent year and wins 7 or 8 games the next year or two if Smith County will drop us too?????...just asking?

And so "what" begins????...if our coach is much of a man and you asked him if he's made some mistakes the first three games I hope he'd say yes....and no more than I know about football I came up with 2 or 3 observations. That doesn't mean I don't support the coach. The only coach not making a mistake is one who's not on the sidelines. And, if he can't take people saying what he did right or wrong then he's probably not ready for the job. He got out coached in the Trousdale game. Our 2 min offense was awful. But, in his defense it was his first game. The 4th down fake punt was unusual and I'm sure he didn't see that coming. But, he did get out coached. Best thing is his team is improving..and for his first year with kids in a new system that is all that can be expected. But, when I see something crazy...like, not repeating a play that worked...then I and I hope anyone else on here would wonder why?...for goodness sakes...Goodpasture scored at least 4 times...ON THE SAME FREEKING PLAY....it worked and they kept running it...to me that's good coaching. Just my "humble" opinion. I just wonder if Macon has a decent year and wins 7 or 8 games the next year or two if Smith County will drop us too?????...just asking?

Not my call who we play. I'm just a former player and current supporter.

:excl:

sure is alot of big talk from the bunch that dropped the hardest team on their schedule. why did they drop t.c. --the simple fact they could not beat them and it was a a loss to them.and yes s.c. might beat m.c. and everybody else they play on the regular schedule but the fact remains the hardest team on the schedule was dropped. a smaller school only 15 miles away.

What "big" talk?? Hey, ya'll the ones that hit hard in practice. Better check back there Cheetos, SC/TC records against each other are about the same. "SC might beat MC and everybody else they play". So.......what's your point?? Ive already been though this earlier with the "we can't beat you but....at least we play TC" stuff. Ya'll need to come up with something new.....or move to the foot of the hill,if TC would have ya....... :roflol:

whistling.gif

I just wonder if Macon has a decent year and wins 7 or 8 games the next year or two if Smith County will drop us too?????...just asking?

Why?? Ya'll say we drop good teams and play a weak schedule. Since 1985 SC and MC have played 20 times. MC has won 5. So........why would we drop MC???.......just asking? :roflol::roflol:

Well, if you check our schedule at least we "showed up" for the games between TC and Goodpasture...more than could be said for SC.. Hey, I totally understand...pad your schedule with easy teams, get you 6 or 7 wins...it's all good. But, when you do that, don't put down teams that don't do it....You have not played anybody, and won't until you get to the play offs...in the same caliber as Goodpasture or TC...fact is fact!!...and, we held Goodpasture to a 28-28 tie at half time...then the better team won. And the practice thing was thrown in becasue it's a known fact that the scout team can't hit the first string offense, but the first string gets to knock the crap out of them....guess it builds their confidence!!..The key to Macon winning over Smith County will be our coach letting Grace roll out and run or pass. He ran 55 yards on a naked boot leg against TC and that was the only time "I think" we've tried that play all year. And, your running backs are faster than we are...our speed on defense is why we can't stop anybody...and, we usually start the 1st half with our small defensive line. Once the bigger guys got in on defense in the TC game we stopped them. Just a few observations....good luck!!

I like that...."at least we showed up". :lol: Don't tell our boys ya'll "showed up" for TC and Goodpasture, they will be too scared to get off the bus. Yelp, we pad our schedule with easy teams. Shoot, Macon is usually our Homecoming game. Your wrong about the hitting though, SC don't even do that. We use the pretend like method. The coaches tell the boys, pretend like your blocking, and pretend like you tackling. Playoffs? You musta come watched SC in the playoff games if you know so much about who they played....but you didn't have anything else to do, did ya? :roflol:

The Dekalb game did not go so well for the Tigers. The coach had said in an interview that he wanted to try the run game in that game and see if he could catch them with the pass, but i counted maybe 8 or 9 passes in the game. Really. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Still, with the threat on offense that DC has and they were handled the way they were, and their defense has got better they just never adjusted to the SC offense. I have to say SC rolls in this one. They are disciplined well, and play well. They turned the ball over on the first drive of the DC game and never lost a bit of momentum.