54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? Owls or Tigers?

• Smith County Owls
    • Macon County Tigers

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well folks, gameday. Ole'Scoot just has one thing to say: if the Owls don't play one of their best games, it will be a long night for us. The team MUST be focused and make tackles. MC won't lay down - they will attack us with their ground game, wing T, and it is up to the Owls to stop them. Good luck Owls and be prepared for a battle.

I saw this coming. Congratulations to Macon County for an excellent game plan and doing what you had to do to win the football game. SC was never in the game. NO EXCUSES for the poor performance by the Owls. MC had a lot to do with that. The Owls need to lick their wounds and learn from their mistakes and get better.

Macon came out with a great game plan and executed wonderfully. The Tigers came and punched us in the mouth and made us like it. The Owls never could get anything going offensively and defensively couldn't stop the cut back. They have to start tackling better if this team is going to move foward and get better. The 2 penalties on the first drive after MC turned the ball over started the game off all wrong. Coach P made some great calls with the fake punt and then the play for the touchdown on 4th down was a gutsy but effective play. Again Congrats to Macon Co for a good win and good luck the rest of the year!!! :thumb:

EatCrow.gif

Hey, I didn't get to go to the game due to a prior commitment. I got info thru text. I mentioned before the game on here and caught alot of crap about "downing" the coach. Well, did #22 run much tonight?...that's the one thing I wanted to happen. He's a great athlete..and, (once again..this is just my "humble" opinion)..he's not been a threat to run much this year...and the wing t ain't worth much if your quarterback isn't a threat to run with ball. So, did he run much last night?...just wondered?

Who cares!!!! Macon Co. won the game, thats all that matters

I would like the macon fans to learn how to respond to a game like all of the smith co boys have on here....ALL OF YOU ARE CLASS ACTS

Thanks Geo.....MOST of us try to act with a tiny bit of class. Myself....I just love HS football. It's the greatest sport at it's purest form. Sometimes, every once in a while, we (all) forget what it is and what it's really all about.One thing it teaches (and should teach the fans as well as the kids)is how to win with diginity and lose with grace.I have fun on the T poking, and jawing back and forth. I'm guessing and hoping most know it's all in fun. I'm always behind the kids in this area,SC--G-ville-TC-MC-RBS-Watertown.All of them. Anyway, has anybody tried beer-can Crow? Think I'll try it for supper tonight. :hungry:

Congrats to Macon on their win... Wake up call for the Owls.. Next week at practice gonna be some loong ones I bet!! Owls... lesson learned and learn from the mistakes... Focus on the rest of the season... Good luck to Macon on the rest of their season... Anybody heard how Pinson is??

Suffered a concussion in the fourth quarter. He will miss the next two weeks.

:excl:

Uh...me, As I mentioned I could not go to the game and I also couldn't pick it up on radio. Just wondered if we did it thru the air or pounded it out on the ground?...I think it's a fair question...anybody?

Ground game mainly Titanfan99. I thought SC did a pretty good job against the pass for the most part. The Tiger ground game was very effective after the first few possessions. The backs broke a few long runs 21, 29, 44 and the line blocked good. The Defense was the story for me. The best defensive performance I've seen yet by the Tigers. They needed that to pull off this win.

Tigers...great win!!! enjoy it now and lets get back to business this week because we got another tough game (again and again...we do have a challenging schedule this year) this week.

I agree with Termite, Glover and other Owl fans that sometimes it takes a loss like this along the way to get a team to remain focused on the big picture. I believe Smith County will respond well to this loss, get refocused this week and will be a handful in their next game (White House?). Good luck to the Owls the rest of the way.

Ground game mainly Titanfan99. I thought SC did a pretty good job against the pass for the most part. The Tiger ground game was very effective after the first few possessions. The backs broke a few long runs 21, 29, 44 and the line blocked good. The Defense was the story for me. The best defensive performance I've seen yet by the Tigers. They needed that to pull off this win.

Tigers...great win!!! enjoy it now and lets get back to business this week because we got another tough game (again and again...we do have a challenging schedule this year) this week.

I agree with Termite, Glover and other Owl fans that sometimes it takes a loss like this along the way to get a team to remain focused on the big picture. I believe Smith County will respond well to this loss, get refocused this week and will be a handful in their next game (White House?). Good luck to the Owls the rest of the way.

Thanks!!!