Heritage at William Blount

tpoole12

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I dont understand is, how do you come into the game and run one play up the middle and then think you can throw a quick pass to the outside? (Saunders pick for a TD). HHS had not set anything up to run that play....It was easy pickens. By far the worst play calling I have ever seen by HHS coaches the entire game....Cline was the leading rusher in BC before the game but only had 5 carries the whole game. Whats up with that. How can you expect a good back to do anything without a chance? The HHS defense was on it heels the entire game. Its easy to say that it was poor planning or the lack there of by the HHS coaching staff. Yes the kids have to perform but the coaches are responsible for getting them ready.

Because they were playing not to get beat, they weren't playing to win. Oh yea , welcome Brint... that was funny.

Great win. These guys have continued to show improvement every week. IMO, this is the result of having a coaching staff all pulling in the same direction. We still have miles and miles to go but I think we are at least pointed in the right direction.

About the Heritage players stomping on the WB at midfield, teens will be teens, but to sit and watch the coaches stand to the side and laugh about it while it is going on turned my stomach. I think I have gotten to know Coach Gregory well enough to know that he would never allow that out of his kids or at least I hope he would not allow it. I don't think that you will ever see a GQ coached team do that or a Rankin coached team do that. I don't know Brint Russell nor do I want to know him, but they have a number of guys on that staff that played at Maryville and I know they were taught class from what I consider to be the "master of class" in GQ, surely they haven't forgot what was taught to them. At the end of the day, I guess it is no big deal, but if you are going to do something like that, at least go have a couple of winning years before you show your ignorance.

The G-Men played a great game. This should be a lesson to the people who gave the govs such a hard time and had little or no respect for them. Attitudes like the one that was seen from hhs and their coaches are not the ones that build programs. Coach g has the right approach and no matter what happens this year, he is building a better program at wbhs. 8-) future looks bright for the govs

HHS 2009, its fans like you we do not need in our program. Come on here and bash your own coaches is pretty lame. We expect it from other teams fans and people that like to hide behind there screen name, just as you are. If you want to come on here and support them, then great other wise keep your sour comments to yourself. I will agree it was a horrible game and I'm sure this coaching staff is just has hurt if not more than anyone. Time to move on and get ready for Farragut....GO MOUNTAINEERS....

Edited by scoot91

HHS 2009, its fans like you we do not need in our program. Come on here and bash your own coaches is pretty lame. We expect it from other teams fans and people that like to hide behind there screen name, just as you are. If you want to come on here and support them, then great other wise keep your sour comments to yourself. I will agree it was a horrible game and I'm sure this coaching staff is just has hurt if not more than anyone. Time to move on and get ready for Farragut....GO MOUNTAINEERS....

Some one with sense, but the fact remains that some of your the HHS c. staff brings it upon themselves. ;)

Here is the deal: name the last time that HHS made a decision to hire a quality head football coach? Leadership, discipline, and character are all at the top of the list for any coach. It is no secret that Coach Russell has little more than contempt for the coaching staff of any other school in the county. Why? What has he achieved that places him above the others he ridicules? It is telling that when you look at the roster of the middle school players from HMS and EMS you don't find many of them out there playing. Why? Why aren't there 25 to 30 freshmen that want to play football at HHS?

Please don't lay these questions off on parents who don't care. The fact is that for the past ten years there hasn't been a reason for kids to play for HHS. Since 2001 HHS up to this last game with WB has won exactly 20 games. 20 games in 10 years! The last winning season was in 1987, 23 years ago.

It is possible to win games. HHS has over 1500 kids in the halls half of which are boys. Get them out. Works their butts off. Those that don't want to work, cut them loose. Don't tolerate discipline problems. Discipline problems - cut them loose. The thing is that these kids will work for a coach who has those qualities. They won't go out and stomp the opposing teams field. They will let their play and the score board do the talking. They will show class, play with class, win with class, and lose with class. This has been missing for the past ten years.

As for bashing coaches, hiding behind screen names, etc. well this is the place for it. I also don't see you giving your first and last name here either. As for sour comments, several people here call them as we see them. It is one thing to be loyal. It is another to be blind to the truth.