MUS is not the team they were last year.

olemissreb44

That's true. I may not be that well "surfed" but I see only Blount County posters routinely traveling around the net to insert themselves into threads that have nothing to do with their teams and where they definitely are not wanted. And they usually are not there to add anything meaningful to the conversation; they are there to stir up controversy, often where there isn't any.

Take this thread for example. Look at the last Pepvol post. The topic: MUS is not the team they were last year. As probably the only person actually associated with MUS who does more than read the threads, it was appropriate for me to respond that this was (obviously) true and why. I had some insight, as did anybody who had seen MUS play both last year and this year. Look at what the hijackers from BC turned the thread into. Not an isolated event.

The boasting and bragging and score predictions are part of the sports threads. But they have a proper time and place - on the divisional threads and more specifically the pregame "A" vs "B" threads. And they generally have a good or fun nature to them. Roaming BCers often have a distinctly different tone.

I also saw a bunch of Private School posters hijack Maryville threads. I remember one of them starting a thread that said Maryville plays cupcakes.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Alcoa/Maryville, whatever fairy tales they want to spin, who cares? Maryville hasn't even won the past 2 years and we (MUS and MBA) own regular season wins over the teams that beat them for the titles (White Station and Hillsboro, respectively). So Maryville doesn't really command that much signifacance anymore. When they were at their peak, they chose not to play against MBA/BA in the Clinic Bowl (2005). Rankin and Alcoa are in either single A or double A or something like that. We'll keep looking for games in the 5-6 A range with elite teams like Smyrna, Oakland, Ravenwood, etc.

I don't know if I'd be so quick to go apologizing to bigred there RebelRon .... seeing as how we're not very significant anymore .... Geez , maybe some day we can be in that Elite group !! :roflol:

It has now been 8 hours since the last post was made in DII ..... On game day too . I don't blame you and Bigred one bit for being here . Maybe you guys should just do whatever it takes to come on back to DI .... I mean as superior as you all are it wouldn't matter if you lost a few players would it ? I'm sure you guys would still be good enough to put us in our place ...... COME AND GET YOU SOME !! :roflol:

You don't blame me for being here??? DUH! The thread topic is about my team not yours. DUH! I have every reason to be here. DUH! Looks like you need to get out your "slide rule" and figger out what's going on.

Here's a suggestion - start a 3A/4A thread "Alcoa is not the team they were last year." No, skip that and go straight to "Alcoa is a better team than they were last year." We all know that's where it's headed

'cuz you've already mentioned it in this thread! It'll be an instant sensation and you will be praised for starting it. But don't wait too long or I'll start it for you. Hopefully somebody will preemptively take my earlier better suggestion to start a "Is Alcoa the best team in the USA in any classification" thread and ya'll will flock back to it and leave this and other "foreign" threads. I won't hold my breath...

Hey, there is absolutely nothing wrong with BC's neck....on another note, I found some classic footage of the Owl feeder program....the Fighting Accountants. Check out this unfair advantage!

http://www.youtube.com/user/videopollen?feature=pyv&ad=4256568671&kw=NFL#p/u/1/cB56scCfe3g

LOL. That's funny. Thanks for the "referral." I don't go to utube so I never would have seen that. LOL

Edited by owlbooster

You don't blame me for being here??? DUH! The thread topic is about my team not yours. DUH! I have every reason to be here. DUH! Looks like you need to get out your "slide rule" and figger out what's going on.

Here's a suggestion - start a 3A/4A thread "Alcoa is not the team they were last year." No, skip that and go straight to "Alcoa is a better team than they were last year." We all know that's where it's headed

'cuz you've already mentioned it in this thread! It'll be an instant sensation and you will be praised for starting it. But don't wait too long or I'll start it for you. Hopefully somebody will preemptively take my earlier better suggestion to start a "Is Alcoa the best team in the USA in any classification" thread and ya'll will flock back to it and leave this and other "foreign" threads. I won't hold my breath...

I solved your problem.

Keep it up, guys. This is very entertaining. One side gives a perfect example of how not to debate (strawman arguments and ad hominems galore) while the other side shows how stubborn humans can be by refusing to recognize that debating with idiots is pointless.

I'll leave it up to you all to decide which side is which.

I also saw a bunch of Private School posters hijack Maryville threads. I remember one of them starting a thread that said Maryville plays cupcakes.

I haven't seen it, but then I am relatively new (2 years) to the sports threads. I didn't even know they existed before. So I'm assuming this happened more than 2 years ago. If the scheduling issue was portrayed in a negative or demeaning way, then it was deplorable. I have tried to discuss the Alcoa schedule in a positive way, i.e., you are too good to be playing this schedule, it doesn't do your team justice, you need to hold your coach accountable, I know the fans and players want better competition and thus recognition, etc. And that's the way I truly feel. I have nothing but respect for Alcoa's team history and program. My gripe is that they need to find a way to play the elite schools from other states and be a "banner carrier" for TN HS football. The intrastate squabbling is secondary to me.

I haven't seen it, but then I am relatively new (2 years) to the sports threads. I didn't even know they existed before. So I'm assuming this happened more than 2 years ago. If the scheduling issue was portrayed in a negative or demeaning way, then it was deplorable. I have tried to discuss the Alcoa schedule in a positive way, i.e., you are too good to be playing this schedule, it doesn't do your team justice, you need to hold your coach accountable, I know the fans and players want better competition and thus recognition, etc. And that's the way I truly feel. I have nothing but respect for Alcoa's team history and program. My gripe is that they need to find a way to play the elite schools from other states and be a "banner carrier" for TN HS football. The intrastate squabbling is secondary to me.

Well maybe you haven't been around long enough to realize that this going back and forth between Maryville/Alcoa and the Privates was first brought on by the Private fans . Brandon100 , a BA fan , started a post a day bashing Maryville for probably 2 years straight . DII has always had my respect , but the non stop bashing was enough to get anyone defensive . Maybe you just skim over the shots directed towards the Blount co schools , and maybe you didn't notice the Ensworth fan who came onto the Maryville / Alcoa thread to let us know how inferior we were to DII . I for one am tired of it , and I would love to see no more DII , so this could be settled on the field . If you don't see the chip on the shoulder that DII has , then you must not want to see it . I understand why the DII schools feel like they need to bash any Public school getting attention , Brandon100 bashed Maryville constantly because he hated all the attention that the winning streak got a public school , so he tried to upset The Maryville fans enough to try and get a Matchup with BA .... He could care less by doing that he was bashing a school that worked hard to get where they were .

You have to give respect to get it , as long as people like Bigred are saying Maryville is insignificant , and Alcoa don't play anybody ... well you get back what you give .

I solved your problem.

Keep it up, guys. This is very entertaining. One side gives a perfect example of how not to debate (strawman arguments and ad hominems galore) while the other side shows how stubborn humans can be by refusing to recognize that debating with idiots is pointless.

I'll leave it up to you all to decide which side is which.

Good post. I must confess I had the day off and am passing time 'til I dine and go to the local game. I assure you that if I had something better to do (lamentably I don't) I would be out of here and not be back, taking the advice of RollRedRoll to ignore the "other side." Admittedly, I am a "sucker" for their "baiting." I grew up and have lived in a very civil environment and get overly annoyed by rudeness and irrationality and forget the source. Thanks for shaking me back to my senses. I think I had become hypnotized by the screen. LOL

A personal aside. You must be a mathematician. I loved Calculus and was pretty good at it but my Dad was a math genius/prodigy. I'll never forget how I would present him with a Calculus problem that I had been working on for God knows how long, with MY solution running down the written page, and he would look at the problem or equation, close his eyes, tilt his head back, blow a (cigar) smoke ring into the air, then give me the solution in a matter of seconds. I'd marvel at this and ask him "How did you do that so fast and in your head!?" And he would simply smile. Bet you would have loved to have met him.