A question for Trousdale people

pujo

yeah yeah yeah. everybody remembers the guy who runs through the hole, no one remembers the guy* who knocks the hole in the line. :roflol:

you also left out, scruggs, towns, eden, keeton, bratton, blair, mungle, marshalls, gooches, carmens, bottoms, browns, lockes, calhoun, vaughn, helm, haynes, oldhams, kemps, evitts, daltons, wests, cornwells and so many more. :thumb:

*unless you won mr. football.

I elect you Mr Snoball to write a book. You seem like the scholor in the bunch.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make good points Uncle Dave, I've seen SP lose to less talentede teams on several occasions. I've seen Trousdale beat more talented teams. SP thrives off talent and speed, but a more disaplined tough football team can beat um when they shouldn't.

Believe it or not, that's been a problem off and on ever since Phil Beene retired.

It's mostly always always always having a Harper in the backfield. If we had one player as fast as him up in Macon County we'd be at least 3 & 1 now. Trousdale County would have beat Macon by 50 points if they'd just kept pitching it wide to "either" running back. They are so much faster than we are. And, we got out coached in that game. Just saying....speed really really helps...especially in SINGLE A!!!!!....Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they had near as much success when they moved up a few AA'S a few years back!!!

Whats this mess about paying players after games? I garuntee you that if Ronnie Carter finds out about that, he will put Trousdale on probation and maybe strip them of some of their titles. I like Trousdale alot and wont report this, but I garuntee you that I wouldn't be telling everyone this mess. If these boys get put on probation for this, they may not be able to play anymore highschool ball and would have to start playing college ball. You think im joking but im not.

The goat sez: Mr. Dillard needs to worry about Murphy's pole, losing talent to SM and not so much with the pay scale. :shock:

It's mostly always always always having a Harper in the backfield. If we had one player as fast as him up in Macon County we'd be at least 3 & 1 now. Trousdale County would have beat Macon by 50 points if they'd just kept pitching it wide to "either" running back. They are so much faster than we are. And, we got out coached in that game. Just saying....speed really really helps...especially in SINGLE A!!!!!....Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they had near as much success when they moved up a few AA'S a few years back!!!

geez, those last few lines were rife with thinly veiled criticisms. :| and we were quite successfull at the AAA level. posted a great W-L record. went consistantly deep in the plaoffs. even knocked portland out of the playoffs the 1st year we were there. seems that program hasn't been the same since. :roll::thumb:

Edited by snoball5278

We played four years in AAA...2001-2004. The first two years (12-2, 13-1) we made it to the semi's, loosing to the eventual state champs both years. The next year, 2003 (7-4), we started mainly sophomores....Jr's. in 2004 (9-3). That class was moved back down in '05 going undefeated. The first two years were very solid, the next two, we were young and probably a little over matched, but you can see what that Sr. class in '05 did. Could they have won AAA that year....who knows, but they did beat the AAA State Champion, Livingston Academy, during the regular season. Overall...41-10 ain't too bad, is it?

Two perfect examples of our coaches winning with less talent. In '98 the gap probably was not a wide as it was in '08. I always say that Eddie Moore could still be running on the Creekbank. We haven't tackled him yet, but I guess you could say the same thing about T.C. Payne. There was some "big time" talent on the field that night! Two of the greatest high school games that I have ever witnessed!

The 1998 squad at SP was the highest scoring team in the country at one time....and that

was when our opponents were much better than they are now. I don't think there was a gap

in talent that year....but there was in coaching and game preperation. SP should have never

stopped handing the ball to Eddie Moore...going to the air after a fumble and going to some

crazy defense assisted in the defeat. Payne was a man that night...definitely one of the

best games I have seen.

2008 Trousdale had talent but I felt SP had more. That always does not equal a win though.

Great game plan by the Jackets in that one. That last drive to win the game was rough to

watch on my side of the field. Did not help that I could

not feel my feet!

Trousdale has a great program and there is definitely mutual respect here from Uncle Dave.

Sorry I was unable to "chew the fat" the other night. Keeping up with a 6 year old wild

child keeps me on my toes!

Edited by UncleDave

you're too kind pujo. ole3putt is the man that has the data. if i'm good at anything it's just at spinning a yarn. maybe we could collaberate under the penname, ole3snoballs. :lol:

Ole3putt is one of my favorite posters, I just didn't think that anyone who was crazy enough to get out and chase golfball all over a pasture could be very smart. You ever tried to cook one of those little golf eggs. Not worth a darn. Can't get um tender.