TheAnswer21

Standings through week 5 (district record):

T-1. Franklin (2-0) 5-1

T-1. Brentwood (2-0) 4-2

3. Hilsboro (1-1) 2-4

4. Ravenwood (1-2)3-3

5. Centennial (1-2) 2-4

6. Independence (0-2)1-4

Franklin and Brentwood seem like the top two teams by far again this year. Brentwood has looked good (especially this week against Galatin), and their overall record is deceiving as they have lost to 2 of the top teams in the state and both games came down to the wire. Franklin's offense looks like it is starting to click to go along with their stout defense. Hilsboro is athletic but is not good enough to contend in the district just yet. Centennial looks much-improved this year. I haven't seen Ravenwood or Independence yet but from what I have heard Ravenwood has potential but is inconsistent, and Independence is just really down this year. It looks like the district is gonna come down to the week 10 matchup between Franklin and Brentwood again.

Edited by TheAnswer21

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standings through week 5 (district record):

T-1. Franklin (2-0) 5-1

T-1. Brentwood (2-0) 4-2

3. Hilsboro (1-1) 2-4

4. Ravenwood (1-2)3-3

5. Centennial (1-2) 2-4

6. Independence (0-2)1-4

Franklin and Brentwood seem like the top two teams by far again this year. Brentwood has looked good (especially this week against Galatin), and their overall record is deceiving as they have lost to 2 of the top teams in the state and both games came down to the wire. Franklin's offense looks like it is starting to click to go along with their stout defense. Hilsboro is athletic but is not good enough to contend in the district just yet. Centennial looks much-improved this year. I haven't seen Ravenwood or Independence yet but from what I have heard Ravenwood has potential but is inconsistent, and Independence is just really down this year. It looks like the district is gonna come down to the week 10 matchup between Franklin and Brentwood again.

No surprise - Does Franklin play anyone decent between now and than?

No one real solid.

Look for this to be coming down to the way it has the last two years. Franklin and Brentwood play once, then normally meet again in the third round of the playoffs.

Oh, Yes!! We all can't wait for week 10. It will be the Rebels and the Bruins once again battling for the district title.

Who does Brentwood play leading up to the Rebels? The Rebels are beginning to roll. We will take care of business by beating Ravenwood, Fairley, and Independence and then we will start talking about those Bruins. Until, then we are going to continue to get better each week and win one game at a time.

Who does Brentwood play leading up to the Rebels? The Rebels are beginning to roll. We will take care of business by beating Ravenwood, Fairley, and Independence and then we will start talking about those Bruins.

The Bruins have Centennial, Hillsboro and then Blackman.

So Franklin fans, does Kentucky high school football just stink or what? Do any decent teams from Middle Tennessee lose to Kentucky teams? It seems like we always beat them badly. Maybe all of their better athletes are in the gym practicing basketball or something.

The Bruins have Centennial, Hillsboro and then Blackman.

So Franklin fans, does Kentucky high school football just stink or what? Do any decent teams from Middle Tennessee lose to Kentucky teams? It seems like we always beat them badly. Maybe all of their better athletes are in the gym practicing basketball or something.

I heard one of the guys I know at Franklin tell me Tennessee is 30-0 vs. Kentucky this year or something ridiculous like that. Football is just bigger here, the facilities and coaches are better.

Oh, Yes!! We all can't wait for week 10. It will be the Rebels and the Bruins once again battling for the district title.

Who does Brentwood play leading up to the Rebels? The Rebels are beginning to roll. We will take care of business by beating Ravenwood, Fairley, and Independence and then we will start talking about those Bruins. Until, then we are going to continue to get better each week and win one game at a time.

They play blackman as a warm up Bhs will win as always regardless what fhs fans say

They play blackman as a warm up Bhs will win as always regardless what fhs fans say

As always? Not so fast my friend! With the way our Rebels are playing D then you will have a hard time scoring and as our offense gets better each game I'd say the Rebels will do just fine vs. your Bruins. We will get to that game when it is time. Right now us Rebels just keep on winning.

As always? Not so fast my friend! With the way our Rebels are playing D then you will have a hard time scoring and as our offense gets better each game I'd say the Rebels will do just fine vs. your Bruins. We will get to that game when it is time. Right now us Rebels just keep on winning.

is this the defense that almost lost to CENTENNIAL! Bruins D pitched a shutout against Gallatin last week. And watch what it does this week to Centennial

Look, I'm a rebel fan as well, but lets face the facts. The rebels are not at the level they have been in years past. Say what you want, but the offense has not been clicking this season. There may be a few good drives, but the rest of the time all I see is dropped and overthrown balls along with a run game that is very weak (understandably so, as the top 3 backs are out). I see flashes of greatness here and there, but it is definitely not consistent. The run game has improved quite a bit since the beginning of the season. Zak Steele in particular has been really good at opening things up and will run over anyone in his path, which has in turn helped Lane Hostettler break longer runs more often. However, if the problem of dropped and overthrown balls cannot be corrected, the offense is going to keep struggling throughout the year, as will the rest of the team as a result. The defense has been great, but keep in mind that they let Centennial score quite a few points, more than I can remember Centennial ever scoring on Franklin. Also, no shutouts for this year's rebel defense. I will give them props for getting the job done each week, even if the Centennial game was a little too close for comfort.

I'm a rebel through and through, but you can't overlook the problems they have had this year and act as if the team has been firing on all cylinders when, obviously, they have not. There is a great deal of potential in this years team, but they have yet to show they can play at the level they are capable of. Good luck to the rebels the rest of this season! Make this season one to remember!