9 AAA Basketball

thunderbird

Posted by crazebear:

TB, how do you feel about your squad this year since you really didn't lose anything from last year? Did you gain anyone over the summer? Good luck and I hope to catch a game down the road this year.

We should be better this year but so should everyone else!!!! Our district is going to be a battle every night.I really see 3 to 4 legitimate teams capable of winning the league. We still have a long way to go but our kids are working hard everyday & learning what it takes to be successful. We are blessed with a great group of kids!!!! So are you at Hillwood? Helping with basketball or strictly softball? Come by & check us out sometime.

I am the head softball coach at Hillwood. I am the boys varsity assistant at East Lit Magnet school. We are AA in the district with MLK, Portland and Lipscomb. We should have a pretty good team. I guess strictly on talent, Smyrna and Lavergne should be good. Hendersonville, Gallatin and you should be as well. I don't know how good the Sims kid is at MJ. Beat the press, win the game. I miss some of the kids, but not the other stuff. Tell Dr. Duncan that he can...ah, just forget it. He ain't worth the breath. Hope the family is doing well. KD

This district is completely up for grabs in my opinion. Gallatin is always tough with Coach Luna, and return most of the team, including a tough sophomore class.

LaVergne is very talented with 6'5 G Antjuan Koger, PG Chris Darden, and shooter Nate Hancock...

Smyrna is loaded with height, with 6'8 Kenyonna Swader, and 6'9 Brett Warner, but MUST find some guard play...

Hendersonville lost a lot, but plays hard and shoots the ball well, and returns Jr shooter Andy Wicke...

I love the Mt Juliet tandem of G Josh Helton and BF Shawn Sims. Helton was a 20ppg scorer as a soph, and Sims is a very athletic 6'6 prospect with a big upside, but must get more aggressive...