Ravenwood @ Franklin

jrpfhs21

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see a post this week. I started dto start one last week but figured the people from Fern Creek would not be on here. Anyways, ANOTHER big win for the Rebels. The Rebels are one point from being undefeated and they will reamain that way again this week. (Man, I'd love to play that darn BGA game again!)

Anyways, back to this game. As long as we quit turning the ball over the Rebels should once again get a two touchdown district win. I don't see Ravenwood staying close in this one. The Rebel D has been dominate all year long and it will dominate on some Raptors come Friday night.

Rebels 24

Raptors 7

Ravenwood tends to have at least one win a season that no one thinks they can. At least that was true in the Rector era, probably because of some gutsy play calling. I am not sure that is true now I just know in the past they would find a way to have at least a chance to win. I think Franklin will win this one I am just saying never count out the "other" wood. Being a Bruin fan for this week only I will be pulling for "other"wood but for sure hope its an injury free good game. Good luck to both teams!!!!

I agree. I think Franklin will get the win by at least 2 tds. Hopefully we can keep the ball out of the hands of the Ravenwood secondary.

I agree. I think the Franklin defense will hold the Raptors to seven points or less (as they have every game this yr except for one), and it all depends how well the offense plays.

Franklin-27

Ravenwood-6

I agree. I think the Franklin defense will hold the Raptors to seven points or less (as they have every game this yr except for one), and it all depends how well the offense plays.

Franklin-27

Ravenwood-6

The offense is doing just fine. We just need to be more consistent in our blocking up front so Matt is not pressured when he is throwing the ball. We have receivers open, but it is hard to see them when we don't pick up the LB's on blitzes. I feel like that is why we have had the extra interceptions recently. But those will go away this week vs. Ravenwood and The Rebels will continue to roll. 6-1 is coming.

Pretty good prediction of the score there Answer. I said one very close to that. GO REBELS!

Franklin is the worst 5-1 team in the nation! Who has Franklin beat that warrants this sense of entitlement? I see a team who lost to BGA and almost made history against Centennial.

Any defense that allows 21 points to CHS is not a defense I'm willing to stand behind.

This "WE ARE FRANKLIN" mentality is a cancer and it will be the reason Franklin will once again be 2nd in the district.

Not only does Ravenwood make it close... They will beat Franklin.

Franklin will finish the season 7-3, and loose in the first round of the play-offs maybe that will be the wake-up call the "jrpfhs21" and "fbforme" of this world need.

Franklin is the worst 5-1 team in the nation! Who has Franklin beat that warrants this sense of entitlement? I see a team who lost to BGA and almost made history against Centennial.

Any defense that allows 21 points to CHS is not a defense I'm willing to stand behind.

This "WE ARE FRANKLIN" mentality is a cancer and it will be the reason Franklin will once again be 2nd in the district.

Franklin will finish the season 7-3, and loose in the first round of the play-offs maybe that will be the wake-up call the "jrpfhs21" and "fbforme" of this world need.

well if franklin loses to ravenwood then they won't necessarily finish 2nd in the district... not sure how tiebreaker works if franklin, ravenwood, and hillsboro all have two district losses when all is said and done.

Franklin's defense gave up 20 points (not 21 ;) ) to CHS and that was all on big plays. Franklin has yet to be driven on this year for a touchdown. Also, I heard a stat from one of my buddies at Franklin today and I checked the TSSAA website to make sure it holds up: the franklin defense has given up the least amount of points per game in the state in 6A. I don't care who you play, that's a good defense. Also, the lone loss to BGA was a fluke, it didn't help that the Rebels top 5 running backs for that game had never had a carry in a varsity game....the game took place the week after they lost their top 3 running backs to knee injuries. Take the three best players off any offense and then give that offense a week to prepare against a Donnie Webb-coached defense. The Franklin defense actually played very well in that game also. They let up only 7 points, and that was on 1 big pass play. Other than that, the Rebel D let up less than 2 yards a play. Not saying the Rebels are a great team, but they deserve more credit (especially the defense) than you are giving them.

WE ARE FRANKLIN :roflol:

I guess we will have to wait and see, but I believe you will be glad to stand behind this team come the end of the season. Would you rather be the worst 5-1 team or the best 1-5 team?? :roflol: