Ravenwood @ Franklin

jrpfhs21

Franklin's defense gave up 20 points (not 21 ;) ) to CHS and that was all on big plays. Franklin has yet to be driven on this year for a touchdown. Also, I heard a stat from one of my buddies at Franklin today and I checked the TSSAA website to make sure it holds up: the franklin defense has given up the least amount of points per game in the state in 6A. I don't care who you play, that's a good defense. Also, the lone loss to BGA was a fluke, it didn't help that the Rebels top 5 running backs for that game had never had a carry in a varsity game....the game took place the week after they lost their top 3 running backs to knee injuries. Take the three best players off any offense and then give that offense a week to prepare against a Donnie Webb-coached defense. The Franklin defense actually played very well in that game also. They let up only 7 points, and that was on 1 big pass play. Other than that, the Rebel D let up less than 2 yards a play. Not saying the Rebels are a great team, but they deserve more credit (especially the defense) than you are giving them.

BGA loss was a fluke. Do not give credit anywhere else. One big play and a missed extra point. Other than that the REBELS dominated that game. If our backs would have been there the score would have been 27-7 at least. Enough said about those guys.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BGA loss was a fluke. Do not give credit anywhere else. One big play and a missed extra point. Other than that the REBELS dominated that game. If our backs would have been there the score would have been 27-7 at least. Enough said about those guys.

Do you have any stats to back up your claim that the Rebels dominated the game? It looked evenly matched to me...sounds like someone is a soar loser.

Allowed the fewest points?!?!

If that is the great sticking point of the Franklin Defense, would somebody please point out a legit-playoff-contending team?

BGA- The bottom feeding Division II school

Hopkisville- TN is undefeated against KY this year

Centennial- Its Centennial (2-4)...

Ooltewah- (2-3) That is something to be proud about.

Hillsboro- (2-4)

Fern Creek- TN 26 - KY 0

What so far this year has warranted this bravado? Who brags & boasts about beating "2-win" teams?

Keep stroking the kids egos and feed the monster, keep telling them that "big-plays" dont truly count, and "losses" are simply just flukes to be blamed on injuries.

Franklin will lose to Ravenwood (and you all will call it a fluke)

Franklin will lose to Brentwood (and you all will call it a fluke)

Riddle-me-this Franklin--- Are consistent "1-point" losses a "fluke" or a sign of a "apparent lack of character"?

If that is the great sticking point of the Franklin Defense, would somebody please point out a legit-playoff-contending team?

Hillsboro- (2-4)

Fern Creek- TN 26 - KY 0

What so far this year has warranted this bravado? Who brags & boasts about beating "2-win" teams?

Keep stroking the kids egos and feed the monster, keep telling them that "big-plays" dont truly count, and "losses" are simply just flukes to be blamed on injuries.

Riddle-me-this Franklin--- Are consistent "1-point" losses a "fluke" or a sign of a "apparent lack of character"?

First of all BGA os 4-2 and was leading BA at halftime, not exactly a bottom-feeder. Second of all there is nothing FHS can do now about their schedule,but the defense is obviously doing what its supposed to do against these teams if they havegiven up the least ppg in the state in 6A. And yeah, PPG is usually a big point because you win football games by scoring more points than the other team, so what stat would you like to be more important for a defense? And yeah BGA was a fluke, you can't lose your 3 best offensive players the week before playing one of the best d-coordinators in the state (who also happened to have just coached at your school for the past 6 years and knows everything about your offense) and expect to do well. Consecutive 1-point losses? I don't understand how u can have any kind of consecutive losses if you only have 1 loss on the year? Big plays count, but SCORING plays are what's important, and that's what the Rebels have done pretty well preventing. Again, I'm not saying they are a great team overall, but stop hating so much on them and accept the fact they are 5-1 and tied for first in the district right now.

Hillsboro- (2-4)

Fern Creek- TN 26 - KY 0

Couldn't agree more. I think this will be a close game for sure and whoever wins this game will be the second best team in the district behind brentwood. Ravenwood 20 Franklin 17

Hillsboro- (2-4)

Fern Creek- TN 26 - KY 0

All I know is the Rebels are 5-1 and after tonight will be 6-1! Yes, the BGA game was a fluke. If the extra point is made then we are 6-0 right now. I am stroking nothing Mr. bleel.

Franklin will not lose to Ravenwood (no fluke)

Franklin will not lose to Brentwood (no fluke)

Where are all these "1-point" losses you speak of? I see a team full of character that is winning while not playing their best. I feel sorry for the first team that the Rebels play when we put it all together. It will get ugly on them quick. Who know? Might be tonight! REBELS 24 RAPTORS 7

Wow fbforme...they are "calling" you out :roflol:

Remember what Hogan's Wizard told you earlier this season..."What Goes Around Comes Around"...just ask ole Bruce Pearl about that....and "Don't Count your Chickens before they Hatch"

Good Luck Rebel Players and The "Hand Me Down Crew"

No one is calling me out. Hey Wizard I'll tell you what's coming around. Another Rebel Victory! I think I will count my chickens while I tailgate :hungry:

No one is calling me out. Hey Wizard I'll tell you what's coming around. Another Rebel Victory! I think I will count my chickens while I tailgate :hungry:

Hey fbforme..is that a invite for Hogan and The Wizard to come by your tailgate party tonight...are you going to be serving Raptor Wings and some of that Franklin Kool Aid. :hungry:

All I know is the Rebels are 5-1 and after tonight will be 6-1! Yes, the BGA game was a fluke. If the extra point is made then we are 6-0 right now. I am stroking nothing Mr. bleel.

Franklin will not lose to Ravenwood (no fluke)

Franklin will not lose to Brentwood (no fluke)

Where are all these "1-point" losses you speak of? I see a team full of character that is winning while not playing their best. I feel sorry for the first team that the Rebels play when we put it all together. It will get ugly on them quick. Who know? Might be tonight! REBELS 24 RAPTORS 7

Dear fbforme:

I readily agree that Franklin should handle Ravenwood as they are not very good but before you start pontificating about Franklin not being a "fluke", I think I need to ask you a question. Do you know what a fluke is? A fluke's real name is a Trematoda which is a parasitic flatworm that has no anus(a scientific word) and has to egest(regurgitate for you Rebel fans who didn't take AP English) its waste through its mouth.

Now that this scientific lesson is out of the way, lets look at some scientific facts:

1. Combined records of Franklin's first six opponents: 13-19. The only team that is at or above 500 is BGA which is at 4-2. Everybody else has a losing record.

2. Records of your next 3 opponents(including Ravenwood) before you face Brentwood: 6-11

3. How much did you have to pay Fairly to drive from Memphis for 2 straight years for homecoming? You guys are worse than SEC schools trying to schedule Vanderbilt.

4. Combined records of Brentwood's first 6 opponents: 20-14 with 2 teams in the top 10 of the state.

5. Records of Brentwood's next 3 opponents 9-9 with the Bruins having to go to Blackman who ain't no "fluke".

Now, your record is what it is and should be 8-1 going into the Brentwood game. You'll also get an extra week to scheme and I understand that you should have one of your running backs back, Mr. Dye, which is a good thing. I hate to see kids get hurt and he is fun to watch.

But, please don't talk like Franklin is the powerhouse of old until they actually play a schedule that shows it. Brentwood will be the first decent team you have played since we beat you guys last year(twice). Your schedule this year makes the one Arlington played last year look like a ballbuster and we know what happened to them. You come to Brentwood and win and you'll deserve to be district champions.

I have a lot of respect for the Franklin program, their kids, and their coaches. But you remind me of one of those flukes. You know a mouth full of ....... because it is on the only way you can get rid of it.

GO BRUINS!!!!

:flower:

Edited by lbhiii

Franklin is the worst 5-1 team in the nation! Who has Franklin beat that warrants this sense of entitlement? I see a team who lost to BGA and almost made history against Centennial.

Any defense that allows 21 points to CHS is not a defense I'm willing to stand behind.

This "WE ARE FRANKLIN" mentality is a cancer and it will be the reason Franklin will once again be 2nd in the district.

Not only does Ravenwood make it close... They will beat Franklin.

Franklin will finish the season 7-3, and loose in the first round of the play-offs maybe that will be the wake-up call the "jrpfhs21" and "fbforme" of this world need.

Didn't exactly play out too well for you did it?