Cumberland Co. @ Warren Co.

Jet Pride

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the coaches have done everything they could to keep this pioneer ship upright but I think with the lack of senior leadership (only 3-4 seniors care) and all the outside influence by parents and fans that the ship is taking on water to fast to save it.

The season is shot. How much pride they have remains to be seen!

I think the coaches have done everything they could to keep this pioneer ship upright but I think with the lack of senior leadership (only 3-4 seniors care) and all the outside influence by parents and fans that the ship is taking on water to fast to save it.

Very classy post! This is why I can't get on here much anymore. Players are talked about like dogs. Northcutt has fumbled a few times the last few games (which has never been an issue with him), and no one feels worst about it than him and he has given his all to the program and has taken shots most players his size would make quit, a freshmen steps in as QB, throws some picks, but throws a TD and makes several good runs and all people want to talk about is the picks, a JR defends a girl from a abusive boyfriend and a few more have gotten into some trouble which they done thier best to make right and we still beat then down. We are getting drilled by teams we drilled last year and had only a few seniors (5 or 6) to graduate last year. Blame this year on the seniors all you want, I myself am very proud of them and the rest of the Pioneers over the years who have stuck it out and played thier heart out on Friday nights for us TRUE fans! And one more thing, Pioneer football players; we love you & wish you the best! Keep fighting hard!

For what it's worth here's an opinion. I think that a true player is a player because of his respect for the game, school, community and PARENTS. The true player therefore is not being influenced by a negative parent. The true player has supportive parent/family/friends that support them and the TEAM! And you have established in your post that the coaches are doing their part. My opnion: Support the boys, quit kicking them down and move this team ahead! I don't have a kid on this team but I have been on teams myself and know that as a kid it doesn't take much to make your spirit drop. Some of these kids are working hard and scared to death they are going let the people that count on them down and be talked about horribly. They were never allowed to make any mistakes to learn from---each mistake has been analyzed publically and very critically. Step back and say is this the first time or is there a pattern---if so then maybe it should be looked at. I don't know about you but if I had multiple bosses changing things up on me I'd be a little frustrated. They have new coaches, they have new blood on the team, they have new people complaining about this and that. They are 16 and 17 years old. We can't expect them to sort it all out and be perfect in the end. Seriously I don't think they take all they take just to look pretty and be talked about.