Oakland v. LaVergne

MidTennFootball

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this 7-AAA matchup?

You can go back and drag up all of the dirt if you want to. If that makes you feel special, then have a ball. As far as the goal post incedent i will explain it like i am talking to a four year old. In this country you just cant roll up to someone's house in the middle of the night and snatch them out of bed because you have a feeling about someone. Do they have an idea of who did the damage? Yes. But unless you or someone else can prove it then it remains just that, an idea. They would love to prosecute and get this matter solved. But there is such a thing called evidence. No we did not that have CSI come out and collect DNA. So here we are stuck with an idea and no proof. So now you know. Just like everyone else. Now that was not to hard was it?

looks like his dirt did nothing....Oakland wins 48 to 7

Great Job to both teams....cant wait for the district championship week 10!

Hard to beat a team when they throw the ball and perform as well as Oakland did on special teams tonight. That said, you would have thought LaVergne would eventually kick the ball out of bounds. I am going to have to consult the archives, but I am pretty sure no Oakland qb has ever thrown for 4 td's like Christian Adams did tonight. His touchdown passes were all right on the friggin money, terrific performance by Christian, and terrific performance by our o-line who gave him tons of time. Time to prepare for the vaunted Blackman offense.......

Hard to beat a team when they throw the ball and perform as well as Oakland did on special teams tonight. That said, you would have thought LaVergne would eventually kick the ball out of bounds. I am going to have to consult the archives, but I am pretty sure no Oakland qb has ever thrown for 4 td's like Christian Adams did tonight. His touchdown passes were all right on the friggin money, terrific performance by Christian, and terrific performance by our o-line who gave him tons of time. Time to prepare for the vaunted Blackman offense.......

Between Christian and Sam, 11 for 11 to 9 different receivers.

Edited by patsprez

Lavergne never stood a chance in this game, the only chance they had was if they put their best product on the field which is what they haven't did AT ALL this year......The D-Coordinator insists on NOT CHANGING A THING with the defense including starting a 6-2 180 lb skinny not very strong defensive end over a 5-11 215 lb strong athletic disruptive defensive end...offensively the coach does not believe in a balanced offense and oakland realized that and played bump coverage and BROUGHT THE DAWGS.....I really feel sorry for lavergne fans maybe you guys should petition for coach DON THOMAS to come back because lhs hasnt made the playoffs since he left...as for the new coach stanton stevens one word: OVERRATED AND WASHED UP!!!! go back to broadcasting

This goes to show the mindset of "a" Lavergne fan. He wants to get a coach back who is known for making the playoffs versus a coach who has been to the big dance twice and won it once. Stevens will do well there if supported. He is a hard worker and will try to put his team in the best position to win. Do you think Lavergne's Oline could play power football in that region? Maybe by spreading it it gives them the opportunity to play to the stregnth of the team. I can remember the Oak Ridge fans begging for Stevens to go. Now they see it may be the talent and not the coach? Question- When coach Thomas was coaching was the district the same?

Lavergne never stood a chance in this game, the only chance they had was if they put their best product on the field which is what they haven't did AT ALL this year......The D-Coordinator insists on NOT CHANGING A THING with the defense including starting a 6-2 180 lb skinny not very strong defensive end over a 5-11 215 lb strong athletic disruptive defensive end...offensively the coach does not believe in a balanced offense and oakland realized that and played bump coverage and BROUGHT THE DAWGS.....I really feel sorry for lavergne fans maybe you guys should petition for coach DON THOMAS to come back because lhs hasnt made the playoffs since he left...as for the new coach stanton stevens one word: OVERRATED AND WASHED UP!!!! go back to broadcasting

This goes to show the mindset of "a" Lavergne fan. He wants to get a coach back who is known for making the playoffs versus a coach who has been to the big dance twice and won it once. Stevens will do well there if supported. He is a hard worker and will try to put his team in the best position to win. Do you think Lavergne's Oline could play power football in that region? Maybe by spreading it it gives them the opportunity to play to the stregnth of the team. I can remember the Oak Ridge fans begging for Stevens to go. Now they see it may be the talent and not the coach? Question- When coach Thomas was coaching was the district the same?

I'm an OR fan..the talent level has slacked off but Stevens needed to go.. The new coach is getting what he can out of what we have.. Ask Maryville-- Blade has really devol. the D.

I don't think the off the field stuff helped Stevens either.

Yes, it was the same - plus Wilson Central and Lebanon who were good at the time and are now gone.

I hope Stevens does a great job but this year hasn't been so hot. The comeback win over Franklin Co. was impressive though, so there is hope. People say the JV team has done well. The freshman team you don't even want to know about. That's been a total disaster.