give USJ some respect.

stokke

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by stokke:

How can the people vote Fayette Academy number 6 in the poles and USJ number 18. The last time I checked USJ beat Fayette Academy 12-0. Then why does USJ not get respect? :confused:

They do with the people that count the other teams and fans. Polls are just nothing to worry about id say USJ is a top 5 team again this year.

Fan Polls are always biased. No Ap poll, no newspaper poll and no poll of serious objective people on this board has not had USJ in top tier. Fan polls are voted on by people who are not objective, by kids in science class who are bored etc. USJ is on top of single A in region 7 and one of top two teams in west Tenn (Bruceton and USJ)until someone beats them on the field. A lot of us would love to, but until then they are on top.

[Edited by JaxMan on 10-1-02 10:07A]

I definitely respect USJ. I think they share the top two spots with Ezell.

Beleive me, after I saw them play Ezell in the playoffs, I knew they had a good program. Ezell was lucky to win that game. (Yes, I am an Ezell fan.)

USJ and CPA scare me the most from here on out.

Posted by WesCharge:

I'll give you some single A respect.. :( Beat SOMEBODY and I'll give some more respect.

Ask Milan, or Westview, or Huntingdon, or Crockett Co, or Covington, or Union City to play, and beat one of these, then you'll get my total respect. :)

We where talking single a ball not all divisions. Im sure Ezell CPA Collinwood USJ Cloudland and South Pitt could hange with 90% of the teams in any divisions.

USJ is scared to play Milan, Westview, Huntingdon, JCM,

ot the quality teams in AA and AAA. They will schedule

Hardin County, Bolivar, Gibson County, etc. (the weaker AA and AAA teams) The coaches and administration know who they want to play and who not to play. Put them in the Westview, Milan, Union City AA region and they are 1-4 right about now instead of 5-0.

And the same is true if you put those 3A teams in 5A. USJ is a 1A school and they have been successful at their level. Why is it so hard to admit that teams other than your own can be good. All of the teams you mention are good, but that doesn't make a good 1A team any less of a team.

[Edited by JaxMan on 10-1-02 10:53A]

People say USJ is scared of the bigger schools and only schedule weaker opponets in bigger classifications. The last time I checked Hardin County was a playoff team last season and went to the second round. USJ beat Hardin County 35-0. That should prove USJ is a very strong program. Also remember they are 1A, but they can hang with any team in the state.

[Edited by stokke on 10-1-02 11:20A]

Posted by bruinz:

Hardin County, Bolivar, Gibson County, etc. (the weaker AA and AAA teams) The coaches and administration know who they want to play and who not to play. Put them in the Westview, Milan, Union City AA region and they are 1-4 right about now instead of 5-0.

i agree. i've always believed that it's better to reach the playoffs 7-3 having played in those wars against milan, westview, uc, crockett co, huntingdon, etc than to be 10-0 having played some of the weaker programs in the area. i disagree that usj can hang with anybody just b/c they beat hardin co, who isn't really known for football at all. beat the list of teams above and then you have a very strong program in my opinion.

[Edited by thriller on 10-6-02 1:57P]

Posted by thriller:
Posted by bruinz:

i agree. i've always believed that it's better to reach the playoffs 7-3 having played in those wars against milan, westview, uc, crockett co, huntingdon, etc than to be 10-0 having played some of the weaker programs in the area. i disagree that usj can hang with anybody just b/c they beat hardin co, who isn't really known for football at all. beat the list of teams above and then you have a very strong program in my opinion.

[Edited by thriller on 10-6-02 1:57P]

Thriller and bruinz you are just jealous of USJ`s success or are just completely ignorant of history. In the last nine years USJ has accomplished the following...

3 State Finals, 5 Semi-Finals, 8 Quarter-Finals

There aren`t many teams around that can say that. By saying that USJ doesn`t have a strong program, just reflects on you. It doesn`t matter who you schedule in the regular season, the proof comes out come playoff time.

What schools do you two support? I know bruinz won`t answer that question since he is hiding like a sniper behind his username.