9AAA just got interesting

play4keeps

Wilson Central beat Portland tonight 3-1, which threw district 9AAA into a 3-way tie for first place in the district. Each of the top 3 (WC, Portland & Lebanon) played 2 matches against each of the others during the season. All split their matches in wins. It now comes down to who won in fewer games I believe and beyond that...points.

This should be interesting.

Edited by play4keeps

It'll be interesting to see how it comes out. I'm not sure what all criteria they use to figure it out. I was thinking that if it was a fairly simple formula that WC would come out on top. It took Lebanon and Portland 5 games each to beat Wilson Central, but when WC beat them they did it in 3 and 4 games.

It'll be interesting to see how it comes out. I'm not sure what all criteria they use to figure it out. I was thinking that if it was a fairly simple formula that WC would come out on top. It took Lebanon and Portland 5 games each to beat Wilson Central, but when WC beat them they did it in 3 and 4 games.

It was a simple formula of games played and WC did come out on top for the reason you stated (took WC fewer games to win). Unless there is a major upset this week -- last week of district play -- WC will be the number seed going into the District 9AAA tournament.

This week is Dig Pink during the 2 final home matches at Central. Fans are encouraged to wear pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness -- tshirts will be sold for $10. Admission is $4 (I think). Matches against Hendersonville (Tues) and Beech (Thurs -- which is also Sr Night). JV plays at 5. Varsity starts at 6pm.