District 11-AAA standings through week 6

TheAnswer21

Airraid, you may have been right all along.

Teams outside looking in...

5A

Hillsboro has been eliminated. Even if they reach four wins by beating Centennial, their strength of schedule sinks them below the cut-off. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Hillsboro-OUT

Centennial MUST beat Columbia to have any chance at all so they may be eliminated after this Friday. If the Cougars pull off the win, they would have to hope to beat Hillsboro as well. Based on those two wins, I believe the Columbia win would boost their strength of schedule high enough to finish ahead of some of the other 4 win schools. I've changed my mind since the Lawrence County score was so lopsided. Centennial-OUT

6A

Independence may beat LaVergne, but I don't think they beat the Raptors. Indy-OUT

Ravenwood is the only team I still think has a pretty good shot. All they have to do is beat Independence and let the strength of schedule take over. They currently have the tie-breaker over the current six teams that are holding on to the last few spots. We'll just have to see. Ravenwood-IN

I'm sure that after it is said and done Brentwood and Franklin will be the only two teams qualified and all these "what ifs" will have gone for nothing.

Good luck to all the Williamson County schools!

Edited by TheDanPatrick

Airraid, you may have been right all along.

Teams outside looking in...

5A

Hillsboro has been eliminated. Even if they reach four wins by beating Centennial, their strength of schedule sinks them below the cut-off. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Hillsboro-OUT

Centennial MUST beat Columbia to have any chance at all so they may be eliminated after this Friday. If the Cougars pull off the win, they would have to hope to beat Hillsboro as well. Based on those two wins, I believe the Columbia win would boost their strength of schedule high enough to finish ahead of some of the other 4 win schools. I've changed my mind since the Lawrence County score was so lopsided. Centennial-OUT

6A

Independence may beat LaVergne, but I don't think they beat the Raptors. Indy-OUT

Ravenwood is the only team I still think has a pretty good shot. All they have to do is beat Independence and let the strength of schedule take over. They currently have the tie-breaker over the current six teams that are holding on to the last few spots. We'll just have to see. Ravenwood-IN

I'm sure that after it is said and done Brentwood and Franklin will be the only two teams qualified and all these "what ifs" will have gone for nothing.

Good luck to all the Williamson County schools!

:thumb: Dan, how about coaching openings for next year, do you know of any in Middle Tn? :thumb:

Blackman beats Brentwood this week.

Brentwood beats Franklin in Week 10.

Brentwood is District Champs, but Franklin is seeded higher in the playoffs.

Wrap your mind around that one. :thumb:

Wow...the TSSAA is in a sad state if head to head is not the number 1 criteria for seeding any two teams that have played during the regular season.

It's too early to tell, but I am sure there will be plenty popping up in the next few weeks. You have to hurry because the good coaches go quickly. You hiring or looking? ha ha :thumb:

:thumb: Not me I'm almost ready for a houseboat on a quiet lake with a cooler and a fishing pole. I am never going to say never but if I get back in it I may try another state or get into college. Looking at the quadrants for 6A I am afraid that Rutherford County schools are going to be divide between 2 and 3 when it is all said and done; meaning we could see an all Rutherford County finals. :thumb:

:thumb: Not me I'm almost ready for a houseboat on a quiet lake with a cooler and a fishing pole. I am never going to say never but if I get back in it I may try another state or get into college. Looking at the quadrants for 6A I am afraid that Rutherford County schools are going to be divide between 2 and 3 when it is all said and done; meaning we could see an all Rutherford County finals. :thumb:

Shhhh! Don't mention REAL football. (just jokin WilCo)

With Riverdale, Blackman, Oakland, Smyrna, and possibly Siegel gettin in it should be fun and could come down to two of those squads.

Meanwhile, anyone notice that Franklin has only played two teams with winning percentages over .500? One was one of those pathetic Kentucky teams and the other is BGA who is a humble 4-4. In a year that the playoffs call for just racking up wins, Franklin played it smart. 8-2 should get them a pretty good seating. :lol:

Shhhh! Don't mention REAL football. (just jokin WilCo)

With Riverdale, Blackman, Oakland, Smyrna, and possibly Siegel gettin in it should be fun and could come down to two of those squads.

Meanwhile, anyone notice that Franklin has only played two teams with winning percentages over .500? One was one of those pathetic Kentucky teams and the other is BGA who is a humble 4-4. In a year that the playoffs call for just racking up wins, Franklin played it smart. 8-2 should get them a pretty good seating. :lol:

Hey Dan, since you stated you coached before, then where did you coach? Can we look up your schedules that you played. Those so called "pathetic Kentucky" teams were full of good players. Coach Clayton told us all week about their speed and he was right. Our boys just whipped them at the line and our defense dominated those games. All I know is Franklin is 8-1 and don't count your chickens to already have us at 8-2. We got the week off and our coaches have two weeks to get ready for the Bruins. Might just be 9-1!

Wow...the TSSAA is in a sad state if head to head is not the number 1 criteria for seeding any two teams that have played during the regular season.

And what's your point? :roflol:

Won't matter after the Rebels go to Bruin Country and win we will be 9-1 and will shut up all the people that say we have not played anyone.

Hey Dan, since you stated you coached before, then where did you coach? Can we look up your schedules that you played. Those so called "pathetic Kentucky" teams were full of good players. Coach Clayton told us all week about their speed and he was right. Our boys just whipped them at the line and our defense dominated those games. All I know is Franklin is 8-1 and don't count your chickens to already have us at 8-2. We got the week off and our coaches have two weeks to get ready for the Bruins. Might just be 9-1!

I didn't mean to ruffle feathers. I was just poking a little fun, and let's just say I coached in one of the top districts in this state. I didn't get to pick many non-district games. We played tough competition week in and week out. You should be able to narrow it down since the counties are close in proximity. ;) You may be right that the Kentucky teams had some good players, but the teams overall were not good. I asked my connections in KY, and they claimed some mediocre TN teams would get past the two teams Franklin played. They were right! In all honesty, Brentwood vs. Franklin will be a great game. Both teams will play hard because it is a rivalry game and the district title is on the line. I just see the Bruins coming out with the W.

And what's your point? :roflol:

Won't matter after the Rebels go to Bruin Country and win we will be 9-1 and will shut up all the people that say we have not played anyone.

I like your enthusiasm and confidence in the rebels, but often times it comes off as cocky. Sometimes, rightfully so. However, this game is different. Brentwood is probably the toughest opponent the rebels will face all year. To guarantee a rebel win come next Friday is simply ludicrous. It will most likely be a great game as it always is, but we have no right to be talking smack. Going into this game, the bruins have beaten the rebels two times in a row and played a much tougher schedule, making them more battle tested against higher quality teams. The rebels' chances look good in this game, but let the play on the field do the talking. I love the spirit, but the cockiness has got to go. It makes the whole fan base look bad.

I like your enthusiasm and confidence in the rebels, but often times it comes off as cocky. Sometimes, rightfully so. However, this game is different. Brentwood is probably the toughest opponent the rebels will face all year. To guarantee a rebel win come next Friday is simply ludicrous. It will most likely be a great game as it always is, but we have no right to be talking smack. Going into this game, the bruins have beaten the rebels two times in a row and played a much tougher schedule, making them more battle tested against higher quality teams. The rebels' chances look good in this game, but let the play on the field do the talking. I love the spirit, but the cockiness has got to go. It makes the whole fan base look bad.

Well said...will the battle tested schedule win out or will the #114 schedule win out...ought to be a great contest. :popcorneater: