• Oneida
    • Oliver Springs
    • Coalfield
    • Sunbright
    • Jellico

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thoughts on 4a

What I'm hearing around from different parents is that this is for sure the year for Oakdale. They have every part necessary to win a championship. All region caliber pg yes, shooters yes, post players yes, only real question is about depth, but they do have some good fr. so that may not be an issue.

O.S. and Wartburg are down this opens up some chances for others to join the party, but if history tell us anything they won't be out of the picture for long, if even the entire season.

I really think that Coalfield or Wartburg will miss the regionals. I can't come up with any senario that doesnt have them meeting in the first round of the district. That will be fun.

Oh well enough of me time to see some games!

Thoughts on 4a

What I'm hearing around from different parents is that this is for sure the year for Oakdale. They have every part necessary to win a championship. All region caliber pg yes, shooters yes, post players yes, only real question is about depth, but they do have some good fr. so that may not be an issue.

O.S. and Wartburg are down this opens up some chances for others to join the party, but if history tell us anything they won't be out of the picture for long, if even the entire season.

I really think that Coalfield or Wartburg will miss the regionals. I can't come up with any senario that doesnt have them meeting in the first round of the district. That will be fun.

Oh well enough of me time to see some games!

All been said before. I think the reason for the lack of talk is the fact that most people agree.

Oakdale, Oneida, O.S. then Wartburg/Coalfield make it to the region.

Wartburg will be very good next year. Only thing I disagree is that OS is down. They will be top 3 easy this year.

The Alcoa game looked to me to be used as a scrimmage by davis. All 15 players got good minutes so I wouldn't let it worry you too much. 5 point game after 1 12-14 after 2 so they were in it until he put alot of Freshmen and Soph. in the game and Alcoa continued to press our freshmen with their starters the entire second half, honestly I know I'm going to get jumped on here but that wasn't very classy.

Nothing changed my mind last night Wartburg is 1 year away from being good again and will likely miss the regionals.

Oliver Springs looked focused good win

Oakdale did well (they played against a Jr. High Team)

Coalfield look good (heard they trailed by 25 at one point)

Oneida I haven't heard about.

Edited by bulldogplayermom

• 2 months later...