MBA-Father Ryan

my2cents

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Channel 2/WKRN just showed the 70-yard (or whatever it was) FRHS run that set up its first TD. What a disgrace. The FRHS back is on the ground - his whole body - and he reaches out and places the ball forward. Another FRHS player picks it up and runs with it down to the 1. I understand missed calls here and there, but the call looked horrible in person. It was a disgrace on TV. I was told in advance of this game that this was not a strong crew officiating the game. That was an understatement.

I am usually strongly against officiating criticism; we're all fallible, and we are dealing with underpaid officials who don't do it as a primary job. But that call alone would get a crew suspended for a few games on the college level.

I did not get to listen or watch the game. Sounds like I missed something here. Closer game than expected?

The play in question occurred on FRHS's first possession. They were up 7-0 less than three minutes into the game.

MBA then reeled off 17 points, with one score aided by a blocked punt deep in FRHS territory. FRHS countered with two FGs, making it 17-13 at the half.

No scoring in the third. MBA adds a FG late in the 4th. FRHS gets a two-minute-drill opportunity but failed on 4th down around their own 10. There was enough time on the clock that MBA could not just kneel, so they punched in a TD with about 1:00.