Lincoln County plays complete game

naildriver247

Lincoln County was hitting on all cylinders against Coffee County. The Red Raiders won the toss and decided to receive the ball. The Falcon defense guickly shut down the Red Raiders offense.The Falcons moved the ball well in the opening drive but were forced to punt. The Falcon defense once again shut down the raiders offense and forced another punt. The Falcon offense marched down the field this time and scored.The Falcons continued to dominate and lead 28-6 at halftime.

The second half was even more impressive for the Falcons. The defense shut down the raiders offense. The defense created several turnovers and took one interception to the house. The.Red Raiders were able to find the endzone one more time in the second half coming against the second string defense. The Falcon offense was well balanced and very efficient on whatever play they called. The second team offense came in and ran the final 9 minutes off the clock. They looked very impressive and the young QB did an awesome job. He looks ready for the next step. The Falcons showed class at the end and took a knee twice instead of running up the score.

Final score LINCOLN COUNTY 48 COFFEE COUNTY 14

Edited by naildriver247

Team has worked hard and improved. Good wins over Columbia and Coffee Co. Huge game in Winchester coming up.

Boy, you exactly right there wingman. We must win out and Tullahoma must also beat Lawrence Co. the final game for us to go to the playoffs. Playing better competition makes you a better team but for the past 2 years we have probably overdone it a little to much, lol. We have really improved from the first couple of games for sure but the change back to the 50 defense has been the single biggest improvement of all. Evan Pittenger has really improved every week in his overall play and also his decision making. He played the best game of the year last night, running and throwing the ball, and his decision making , like I said has improved tremendously. But we must take it one game ata time and really concentrate on Franklin Co. now. Like we said last week our playoffs started last week against Columbia. We must win out.

Good luck to Coffee Co. the remainder of the year.

Boy the past 2 years we have probably overdone it a little to much, lol.

This might just be the biggest understatement of the year....LOL. I agree though. I would like to see us drop one or two of the District 7 schools. I heard that they are planning 2 new schools in the boro and that it will probably effect Riverdale the most, but right now these schools have a huge advantage over us. I believe our schedule(which they say is the toughest in the state) will play to our advantage from here on out.

Lets take it one game at a time and do our part Falcon fans.

GO FALCONS!!!!!

Edited by naildriver247

Good to see you guys winning again. A program with so much pride and history. If this is Coach T's last season then why not go out on a good note. Hope you guys do win out. "The Pit" is a special place to play. The steak sandwich is a nice touch. It truely is a high school football throw back atmosphere. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

Good to see you guys winning again. A program with so much pride and history. If this is Coach T's last season then why not go out on a good note. Hope you guys do win out. "The Pit" is a special place to play. The steak sandwich is a nice touch. It truely is a high school football throw back atmosphere. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

Thanks for the kind words. It has been a tough couple of years for sure, some of it our fault, some just running upon other teams at the top of their game. We have played 2 good games in the past 2 weeks, several players have really stepped it up, but changing our defense back to the 50, that we have always ran, has helped the most. Playing schools with twice our enrollment hasn't helped us in the past few years either, We don't have freshmen at the high school, they go to 2 different schools, but the tssaa still counts them against us anyway, we have 1100 kids to pick from, and some of the schools we play have over, or right at 2000 students), but there is something in the works to take care of that situation hopefully.

The steak sandwiches and the slawburgers are hard to beat for sure.

Thanks for the kind words. It has been a tough couple of years for sure, some of it our fault, some just running upon other teams at the top of their game. We have played 2 good games in the past 2 weeks, several players have really stepped it up, but changing our defense back to the 50, that we have always ran, has helped the most. Playing schools with twice our enrollment hasn't helped us in the past few years either, We don't have freshmen at the high school, they go to 2 different schools, but the tssaa still counts them against us anyway, we have 1100 kids to pick from, and some of the schools we play have over, or right at 2000 students), but there is something in the works to take care of that situation hopefully.

I heard you have some freshmen that could help next year.

You have a great atmosphere for high school football. I heard you have some freshmen that could help next year.

You have a great atmosphere for high school football. I heard you have some freshmen that could help next year.

Yeah, wingman we will have possibly the best if not the best Freshmen class we have had in a long time. Like I said earlier our freshmen go to 2 different schools, Fayetteville City jr. high and NGA, both were pretty good this year and when you put them together they have the potential to be a pretty good class. A good deal of speed at both schools, something we have been a little short in the past few years. Of course there is always some of the kids that decide that they just don't want to play anymore, and you always lose a few that way, but hopefully not any will do that.After seeing and doing their games this season, there some of the kids that will have the chance to play very quickly because of graduation, and a few that will also get some action early on. :thumb: