TCA vs Riverside

crazy_cowboy89

Well, at least you are able to admit that the pass interference call was not a good call.

According to the stats, Riverside was ONLY penalized 4 times during the game. That is a remarkably low number for Riverside when looking at stats from previous Panther box scores during the season. Perhaps you are just upset that Riverside had a few major penalites called against them including holding and unsportsman like conduct (#42). But I will agree with you about holding. I saw several instances where I thought Riverside should have been penalized but was not.

Never the less, Riverside played a fine game and I salute them for earning the 15A championship.

If Riverside and TCA are somehow placed in the same playoff quadrant, perhaps we will meet again.

If you watched the game, you know there were multiple instances where TCA was not flagged for holding when they should have been. I'm not even gripng about that, it just amazes me how the losing team always picks one call and says that's why they lost. If the game was called perfectly, who knows what all would have been changed. I just thought the way the Jackson Sun reporter said it on the radio was out of line, he's covering the game for an "unbiased" news source and he's crying over the call.

I just discovered something that ends this debate, go to jacksonsun.com and look at the photos of this game. This play was caught in action, the ball is still well above the head of the players when Washington is making the tackle. It is there for anyone to see, and it's very obvious the right call was made.

I just discovered something that ends this debate, go to jacksonsun.com and look at the photos of this game. This play was caught in action, the ball is still well above the head of the players when Washington is making the tackle. It is there for anyone to see, and it's very obvious the right call was made.

Not sure what video you watched, but Washington never tackled the receiver as you claimed. To me, it shows in spinning away from the play. The video shows the receiver jumping in the air for the ball while being closely guarded by Washington and Joey Hanson. As the receiver falls to the ground he comes into contact with Joey Hanson. Video and especially photographic evidence also does not show any hands of TCA defenders in contact with the receiver.

Video evidence also shows the official who had a better view of the play signaling INCOMPLETE PASS. The official with an obstructed view of the play (and who was closest to the Riverside bench) runs 10 yards after the play BEFORE he throws his flag. He is clearly looking at the official who is signaling incomplete pass before he threw his flag.

This was a bang bang bang play. The video is not of the best quality and it is from a distance. A tighter shot would have given a clearer picture.

In regards to the photo, you can clearly see both hands of TCA defender Joey Hanson. Neither hand is in contact with the reciever. You can also see Washington's right hand. It is clearly on the outside of Hanson's arm. Thus, there was no contact there. The photo does not show Washington's left hand and arm. However the photo clearly shows that neither Hanson's or Washington's hands were interfering with the receivers hands or arms. And the last time I checked, what has been dubbed face guarding in not illegal.

We all have our opinions. Riverside fans are obviously going to say the right call was made. TCA fans will say the other. The evidence is less than clear as to if there was or was not interference. It is less than conclusive either way. If anything, the photo shows no interference at all.

Anyway, nobody is going to change anyones mind on the play. The game is in the books and nothing is going to change. Riverside is the champion of 15A and TCA will ulitimatly finish second. Depending on how the TSSAA draws up the quadrants, perhaps we will get to see each other one more time. If that happens, I just hope that the field is not over watered and the grass is not as tall as it was last night. LOL

Edited by ReitzFan

The actual call was for facegaurding on Jabriel. If you notice in the photo his hands are raised and he is not looking back at the ball. That is the rule book definition of facegaurding. Either way both teams played a tremendous game. TCA brought their A game and played very well but Riverside also was able to control the game with their running attack and hit the passes when they were needed. Congrats to RHS on their first Region Championship since 1981.

The actual call was for facegaurding on Jabriel. If you notice in the photo his hands are raised and he is not looking back at the ball. That is the rule book definition of facegaurding. Either way both teams played a tremendous game. TCA brought their A game and played very well but Riverside also was able to control the game with their running attack and hit the passes when they were needed. Congrats to RHS on their first Region Championship since 1981.

where is a rule for faceguarding? The way I understand it there is no such rule in high school football for the state of tn. You have to find that in the rule book in the tssaa and post where you found it. As far as I can tell there is no such rule when I read it. If you do find it please post it. You may not want to waste your time thou. I don't what the flag was for but face guarding should not of been the call.

Not sure what video you watched, but Washington never tackled the receiver as you claimed. To me, it shows in spinning away from the play. The video shows the receiver jumping in the air for the ball while being closely guarded by Washington and Joey Hanson. As the receiver falls to the ground he comes into contact with Joey Hanson. Video and especially photographic evidence also does not show any hands of TCA defenders in contact with the receiver.

Video evidence also shows the official who had a better view of the play signaling INCOMPLETE PASS. The official with an obstructed view of the play (and who was closest to the Riverside bench) runs 10 yards after the play BEFORE he throws his flag. He is clearly looking at the official who is signaling incomplete pass before he threw his flag.

This was a bang bang bang play. The video is not of the best quality and it is from a distance. A tighter shot would have given a clearer picture.

In regards to the photo, you can clearly see both hands of TCA defender Joey Hanson. Neither hand is in contact with the reciever. You can also see Washington's right hand. It is clearly on the outside of Hanson's arm. Thus, there was no contact there. The photo does not show Washington's left hand and arm. However the photo clearly shows that neither Hanson's or Washington's hands were interfering with the receivers hands or arms. And the last time I checked, what has been dubbed face guarding in not illegal.

We all have our opinions. Riverside fans are obviously going to say the right call was made. TCA fans will say the other. The evidence is less than clear as to if there was or was not interference. It is less than conclusive either way. If anything, the photo shows no interference at all.

Anyway, nobody is going to change anyones mind on the play. The game is in the books and nothing is going to change. Riverside is the champion of 15A and TCA will ulitimatly finish second. Depending on how the TSSAA draws up the quadrants, perhaps we will get to see each other one more time. If that happens, I just hope that the field is not over watered and the grass is not as tall as it was last night. LOL

This guy did the same thing after the McKenzie game. Fact is, these people are use to every call going there way. I believe I saw Reitz at the McKenzie game. There were about 15 men with pink sweaters tied around their neck all sitting in a row. I think he was the 4th one from the left.

The photo clearly shoes Washington running into the reciever and knocking him backwards before the ball gets there. The scoreboard clearly showed a Riverside WIN! I'm done talking about this win, it's time to move on to next weeks opponent.

A great win for riverside for sure! They may be the team to beat in west 2a football.