OR vs Clinton

thekidd0086

Daniels needs the ball more.He can fly.I watched patrick play a couple of basketball games last year and he didnt even score.Hes a great kid from when i have talked to him but he is kinda shy and has no mean streak at all.He dont like contact either from when ive played bball with him.Hes over hyped and thats not his fault.But more important than sports is he is a good kid and he will get better as long he stays like he is.I cant belive how good Oak Ridges young kids are.I heard on the radio jose has offers from Syracuse and Kent ST and Vandy is coming this week to offer.He is much better than the guy from harriman thats going to kentucky.He could add alot of weight easy.He is 265 of all muscle.

Camion has one bad game and he over hype. The truth you take Camion off this team and its 1-9 Clinton team. I agree Dee and Dainels need to touch the ball more. Y didnt Powell run any last night. Camion is the best player on Clinton team but when got a whole defense keying him you got to get others involed in the game. I heard from some of the cats players that game plan was to stop Camion and make others beat you and that was the case last night. Camion upsize is crazy and going to be special but you cant fault a kid who coaches to me make him look like a dumb a** with a pee-wee approch offense calling snap it to your best player and run around and hope he make a play. He is a Wr playing everything cause Dragons have no Qb to get him the ball. Clinton is also young and will get better I hope.

Edited by Bonfire

Camion has one bad game and he over hype. The truth you take Camion off this team and its 1-9 Clinton team. I agree Dee and Dainels need to touch the ball more. Y didnt Powell run any last night. Camion is the best player on Clinton team but when got a whole defense keying him you got to get others involed in the game. I heard from some of the cats players that game plan was to stop Camion and make others beat you and that was the case last night. Camion upsize is crazy and going to be special but you cant fault a kid who coaches to me make him look like a dumb a** with a pee-wee approch offense calling snap it to your best player and run around and hope he make a play. He is a Wr playing everything cause Dragons have no Qb to get him the ball. Clinton is also young and will get better I hope.

Powell broke his hand about 3 weeks ago. That's why he didnt play on offense last night.

Maryville year after year, until realignment.

ummm maryville isnt in oak ridges district sly guy... the guy was saying who has went to state the last time besides oak ridge between halls,powell,clinton,anderson county,hardin valley,campbell county...may be missing a few, not sure... maryville is in the region, not oak ridges district... and who besides maryville around here has done anything period in the states top class of football the past ten years, or gone to the state finals? oak ridge in 05 is all i can recall? tell me if im wrong about this

Maryville year after year, until realignment.

ummm maryville isnt in oak ridges district sly guy... the guy was saying who has went to state the last time besides oak ridge between halls,powell,clinton,anderson county,hardin valley,campbell county...may be missing a few, not sure... maryville is in the region, not oak ridges district... and who besides maryville around here has done anything period in the states top class of football the past ten years, or gone to the state finals? oak ridge in 05 is all i can recall? tell me if im wrong about this

Which call? It could not be on that kick off call.. That was actually a good call.

I'm sure we all appreciate your tongue in cheek comment. At the very least, it is a horrible rule which needs to be changed. In any case, it was enforced incorrectly. It should have either been Oak Ridge ball at the point of "illegal catching" by the Clinton player or a penalty enforced to Clinton with a re-kick. There was no Oak Ridge player in the same zip code to interfere with as called by the officials. As this rule is written, a receiving player would have to be given a free opportunity to catch such a kickoff even if he does not signal for a fair catch. Remember also, this is a free ball after ten yards, not in the same category as a punt. Whether it was Clinton, Oak Ridge, or whoever, this rule gives an unfair advantage to the receiving team.

I'm sure we all appreciate your tongue in cheek comment. At the very least, it is a horrible rule which needs to be changed. In any case, it was enforced incorrectly. It should have either been Oak Ridge ball at the point of "illegal catching" by the Clinton player or a penalty enforced to Clinton with a re-kick. There was no Oak Ridge player in the same zip code to interfere with as called by the officials. As this rule is written, a receiving player would have to be given a free opportunity to catch such a kickoff even if he does not signal for a fair catch. Remember also, this is a free ball after ten yards, not in the same category as a punt. Whether it was Clinton, Oak Ridge, or whoever, this rule gives an unfair advantage to the receiving team.

YAWN

I agree, OR has arguably had the most recent playoff success. Although, in my lifetime (since 1982), they've only been to the title game twice. In the same time period, Halls has been twice, while Powell, Clinton, and Central have each been once. It was always a tall order trying to get past Maryville in the early playoff rounds. Since 1997 (under the previous classification system), with the exception of Central's 1999 quarterfinal upset, no other 3-AAA team made it beyond the quarterfinals. I think it would have been interesting to see how OR would have fared against Maryville each of those years.

I agree, OR has arguably had the most recent playoff success. Although, in my lifetime (since 1982), they've only been to the title game twice. In the same time period, Halls has been twice, while Powell, Clinton, and Central have each been once. It was always a tall order trying to get past Maryville in the early playoff rounds. Since 1997 (under the previous classification system), with the exception of Central's 1999 quarterfinal upset, no other 3-AAA team made it beyond the quarterfinals. I think it would have been interesting to see how OR would have fared against Maryville each of those years.

yes, OR has been twice since 82 and if not for a team on the 90's murfreesboro riverdale, they would have gone at least 3 times...riverdale's talent back then was on par with a very small college, thats how good they were..oak ridge would arguably have 2 or 3 more state titles if not for riverdale..

and to be honest, of maryville had of been in this higher class the whole time they would not have run off state titles like they did... all respect to maryville, but they aint gonna come even close to what they did in the old alignment..not a chance.. they will be lucky to win one once every 10 years now..and i odnt mean any disrespect in that comment to maryville, i respect maryville a lot.. it just aint gonna happen.. a lot more competition up here..