Hall of Champions at Bolivar

yankees8589

Hall of Champions Schedule. This is the schedule I was told last night.

November 19

6:00 PM Liberty vs Marshall County

7:30 PM Bolivar vs Ridgeway

November 20

4:30 PM White Station vs Nashville Overton

6:00 PM Liberty vs Mapelwood

7:00 PM Bolivar vs Marshall County

Top Players that have given solid verbals

Liberty: Kendall Anthony (Richmond) Andre Barnett (N. Illinois)

Marshall County: Kedren Johnson (Vanderbilt)

White Station: Marvin Williams (David Lipscomb)

Other Notable players

Will update when I get home later

Nino Johnson WS 2011(Murray State, East Carolina, UT Chatt, Western KY some High Major interest but he will not play HM)

Andre Hollins WS 2011 top 100/150 prospect (Stanford, Harvard and Ole Miss)

Cameron Golden Ridgeway 2012 top 75/125 prospect

Kaddario Fleming Rway 2012 Mid Major

Leron Black WS 2014 will be a top 25 or better prospect. Could end up one of the top 5 players in his class.

This is a good event for the rural West TN, assuming the accuracy of the tournament is correct. I don't know much about this seasons Maplewood team and not much about Overton but I know they (Overton) are loaded with some good seniors and was told they have one of the best teams in all of Middle TN.

Bolivar is also going to be way better than people think this season, especially since they play AA.

Edited by yankees8589

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a classic...i will have to clear my schedule for this one...Kedren Johnson is a stud folks. 3rd best player at the state last year. White Station will be in the mix again with four solid players. Remember the name Laron Black...

In your opinion, who were the 2 ahead of him?

A Thomas and Jones had great tourney.But I was really impressed with KJ, specifically his speed and vision. That with his size make him special.

In your opinion, who were the 2 ahead of him?

A Thomas and Jones had great tourney.But I was really impressed with KJ, specifically his speed and vision. That with his size make him special.

Joe Jackson and Adonis Thomas were 1 and 2. I was impressed with Kedren as well. I honestly didn't expect him to be as good as he was. That team went as he went. Hope for him to have a great senior year and then a good career at Vandy. John Jenkins and Kedren Johnson will be a good duo to watch!

Overton is a solid team that has a chance to make a run to the state tournament. They lost one player from last years district championship team. There best player is probably Mookie Betts. He is a big time player who would be recruited by a lot of mid-major type programs if he wasn't one of best baseball players in the state. (He may be the best.) They also have several other players who will play in college at some level or another.

Didnt Jackson get held to a single point in the first half of the semi-final? ended with like 9 pts? maybe i am incorrect. I had Jackson as no higher than #4 as far as tourney performance...NOT OVERALL TALENT(don't want to be misunderstood).

...and his team still won? Keep in mind, a true PG is not supposed to score 50 points every game. He runs the offense and sets his team up for the best possible shot. If he has the best possible shot, he takes it. Scoring is not the only thing to the game.

...and his team still won? Keep in mind, a true PG is not supposed to score 50 points every game. He runs the offense and sets his team up for the best possible shot. If he has the best possible shot, he takes it. Scoring is not the only thing to the game.

i agree with PG setting up the team.......however he did take more than a handful of shots, and wasnt he considered a "scoring point guard"?

he definitely was the top senior prospect at the tourney last year w/o question.

Hall of Champions Schedule. This is the schedule I was told last night.

November 19

6:00 PM Liberty vs Marshall County

7:30 PM Bolivar vs Ridgeway

November 20

4:30 PM White Station vs Nashville Overton

6:00 PM Liberty vs Mapelwood

7:00 PM Bolivar vs Marshall County

Top Players that have given solid verbals

Liberty: Kendall Anthony (Richmond) Andre Barnett (N. Illinois)

Marshall County: Kedren Johnson (Vanderbilt)

White Station: Marvin Williams (David Lipscomb)

Other Notable players

Will update when I get home later

Nino Johnson WS 2011(Murray State, East Carolina, UT Chatt, Western KY some High Major interest but he will not play HM)

Andre Hollins WS 2011 top 100/150 prospect (Stanford, Harvard and Ole Miss)

Cameron Golden Ridgeway 2012 top 75/125 prospect

Kaddario Fleming Rway 2012 Mid Major

Leron Black WS 2014 will be a top 25 or better prospect. Could end up one of the top 5 players in his class.

This is a good event for the rural West TN, assuming the accuracy of the tournament is correct. I don't know much about this seasons Maplewood team and not much about Overton but I know they (Overton) are loaded with some good seniors and was told they have one of the best teams in all of Middle TN.

Bolivar is also going to be way better than people think this season, especially since they play AA.

GREAT way to kick off the year... Definetly plan on making the trip down...

Can anyone give me a rough ranking/grouping on how you think these teams look from top to bottom...?

Who do you think wins in these matchups???

GREAT way to kick off the year... Definetly plan on making the trip down...

Can anyone give me a rough ranking/grouping on how you think these teams look from top to bottom...?

Who do you think wins in these matchups???

Just my opinion

(1) White Station

(2) Ridgeway

(3) Overton

(3) Marshall County

(4) Liberty

(5) Bolivar

(6) Maplewood

Liberty vs Marshall County (toss up)

Bolivar vs Ridgeway (Ridgeway double digits)

White Station vs Overton (White Station double digits, maybe closer)

Bolivar vs Marshall County (Marshall County double digits, maybe closer)

Liberty vs Maplewood (Liberty double digits)

Just a educated guess...really to early in the season to get a good feel for teams like Bolivar (will get better as the season progresses) Liberty (new coach with no head coaching experience) Maplewood lost some seniors (one to the OVC) I hear good things about Overton but haven't seen them.....Marshall County is going to be a force in AA....White Station will be good as allways and Ridgeway would have to considered to be in a rebuilding year but has plenty of talent and a great head coach.

I do know these are good teams and this is going to be a really good top notch event....without question the best tournament in rural West TN this season. I can see possibly at least four of these teams make it to the State.

Edited by yankees8589

Just my opinion

(1) White Station

(2) Ridgeway

(3) Overton

(3) Marshall County

(4) Liberty

(5) Bolivar

(6) Maplewood

Liberty vs Marshall County (toss up)

Bolivar vs Ridgeway (Ridgeway double digits)

White Station vs Overton (White Station double digits, maybe closer)

Bolivar vs Marshall County (Marshall County double digits, maybe closer)

Liberty vs Maplewood (Liberty double digits)

Just a educated guess...really to early in the season to get a good feel for teams like Bolivar (will get better as the season progresses) Liberty (new coach with no head coaching experience) Maplewood lost some seniors (one to the OVC) I hear good things about Overton but haven't seen them.....Marshall County is going to be a force in AA....White Station will be good as allways and Ridgeway would have to considered to be in a rebuilding year but has plenty of talent and a great head coach.

I do know these are good teams and this is going to be a really good top notch event....without question the best tournament in rural West TN this season. I can see possibly at least four of these teams make it to the State.

This a classic not a tournament there is difference. I can't wait to see this. I believe Whitestation will have a very good team this year. Liberty will beat Marshall County and don't be suprised if they beat MC by double digits. Liberty will have several weapons, remember this post. Bolivar will also beat MC. Kedren Johnson is a stud but MC will go as he goes. I would rank MC #6.

Edited by nebuntyn