MBA vs Brentwood Academy

feverpitch

A week from today MBA will face Brentwood Academy at BA. Brentwood Academy will be coming off a bye week after losing to Ensworth and Baylor. This Middle/East Region appears to be fairly even with few exceptions. I think this will be another game to close to predict, but with BA having the home field advantage they may have the edge.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A week from today MBA will face Brentwood Academy at BA. Brentwood Academy will be coming off a bye week after losing to Ensworth and Baylor. This Middle/East Region appears to be fairly even with few exceptions. I think this will be another game to close to predict, but with BA having the home field advantage they may have the edge.

MBA will be coming off a bye week as well. I haven't seen either team play much this year, but it seems like BA really depends on that one playmaker, who I believe has been injured? Is he healthy now?

It's the old idiom, "I'm going way out on the LIMB here", The team with the least amount of turnovers, wins this game!!

MBA is +8 for the season and BA is +1.

Obviously a pretty good starting place...I would point out, though, that MBA takes a lot of penalties, and has a knack for badly-timed holding calls.

I also think a lot boils down to how well MBA's defense plays, and BA's ability to move the ball through the air. MBA's pass defense stars in a lot of QB's highlight reels.

Last years MBA/BA thread had 57 replies and 3350 views, this year 8 replies and 500 views and the game is in 2 days. It is an important game for both teams but for coach T posters it seems insignificant.

MBA is now rated the top team in the midstate by the Tennessean. Last week they were #3 or #4. After the bye week they surged to #1.

Big week for DII AA with MBA vs BA, EHS vs Baylor, MUS vs CBHS. Wish I could watch them all.

Edited by shakinthefat

My enthusiasm for the games hasn't waned. I will say the wins aren't as redeeming and the losses aren't as depressing, perhaps a byproduct of priority changes in life. However, my enthusiasm for posting has diminished this year more than any other year. It is difficult to have respectful, rational discussions or debates anymore. The manner in which some approach debating these days is perplexing and can leave those who have the ability to separate their own biases from debates totally dumbfounded by the arguments of others. I wouldn't be surprised to find myself a 100% spectator on these boards at some point in the next few years. Whatever side or argument one supports many times can be promoted or elevated merely by just zipping the lips and letting those who can't leave good enough alone steer the course of the debate in a direction just the opposite of the way they think it is going (I think the saying is "...better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"). And if I see one more debate that shows a popcorn-eating emoticon as a demonstration of knowledge or as a counter to a valid, well-thought out argument, I may swear off these boards completely.

I think at least one title game participant will come from this game. Of course, given that has happened 12 of the 13 years, that's not exactly a stretch. I'll be rooting for the crimson team.

Edited by rollredroll

My enthusiasm for the games hasn't waned. I will say the wins aren't as redeeming and the losses aren't as depressing, perhaps a byproduct of priority changes in life. However, my enthusiasm for posting has diminished this year more than any other year. It is difficult to have respectful, rational discussions or debates anymore. The manner in which some approach debating these days is perplexing and can leave those who have the ability to separate their own biases from debates totally dumbfounded by the arguments of others. I wouldn't be surprised to find myself a 100% spectator on these boards at some point in the next few years. Whatever side or argument one supports many times can be promoted or elevated merely by just zipping the lips and letting those who can't leave good enough alone steer the course of the debate in a direction just the opposite of the way they think it is going (I think the saying is "...better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"). And if I see one more debate that shows a popcorn-eating emoticon as a demonstration of knowledge or as a counter to a valid, well-thought out argument, I may swear off these boards completely.

I think at least one title game participant will come from this game. Of course, given that has happened 12 of the 13 years, that's not exactly a stretch. I'll be rooting for the crimson team.

You mean a popcorn-eating emoticon doesn't, ipso facto, win any argument? Seriously...very nice post. You hit the nail right on the head.

Last years MBA/BA thread had 57 replies and 3350 views, this year 8 replies and 500 views and the game is in 2 days. It is an important game for both teams but for coach T posters it seems insignificant.

MBA is now rated the top team in the midstate by the Tennessean. Last week they were #3 or #4. After the bye week they surged to #1.

Big week for DII AA with MBA vs BA, EHS vs Baylor, MUS vs CBHS. Wish I could watch them all.

RRR's reply is dead on. And you've been on these boards long enough to have seen the steady coarsening of the "discourse" here, particularly in any thread involving the larger independent schools. As to why this thread is so different from the same thread before last year's game, I think a lot of it comes down to the fact that most of the BA posters have left, or become mere observers. And I'm hard put to blame them. Any thread involving BA attracts an immediate assertion that BA has recruited for all of its history. No one can cite a single specific instance, but it's regarded as holy writ. And as the "Is Ensworth Recruiting" thread shows, the critics are incapable of even the most rudimentary debate, "arguing" that no evidence is necessary. How, and why, do you try to address such willful ignorance?