Elizabethton (5-3) @ CAK (8-0)

EHSTrack06

41 members have voted

1. 1. CAK or EHS?

• CAK
    • EHS

You may be right. I have a good memory but it's just short. But I do remember Ryan Thomas and Taylor Hodge (Kicker)were knocked out of the game and the Soph QB McKenley Berry came in and did a super job. Our backup kicker missed the extra point. His little sister won't. She hit a 34 yarder last game, longest in State History for a girl and has only missed 2 pats all season. It would be so cool if she wins this one for her brother with a kick.

Hey cyclone! Guess CAK cheats as well????? Hope to see you soon in the playoffs!!! Hopefully in one of the earlier rounds. That is, if Betsy even makes the post season........ :popcorneater:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey cyclone! Guess CAK cheats as well????? Hope to see you soon in the playoffs!!! Hopefully in one of the earlier rounds. That is, if Betsy even makes the post season........ :popcorneater:

where did he imply that CAK cheats?

EHS already made the post season 2 weeks ago. Not our problem we have a weak district/region. Our Non-conference games prove we want to play tougher teams but are pretty much stuck like Greeneville in a weak conference. Not all of us have the advantage of playing teams like CAK and Loudon during the season.

This is a bad year for us so odds are you won;t be seeing us this year and if you do it will end like last year but worse probably. So have fun playing Milan again because that game will sure be a barn burner /sarcasm

Does anyone know if these two teams will sign a new contract to play for the next 2 years? I think this is a very good game and the players look forward to it.

I know CAK is having difficulty finding 2 more teams to round out next years schedule. It would be great if we could continue this series with Elizabethton. I know that CAK extended that offer several weeks ago but I don't think it has gone anywhere from there. Coach Bradley wants to fill the schedule ASAP and maybe Coach Witten just hasn't gotten around to working on next years schedule yet. But, if anyone in Betsy has the coach's ear, please have him consider extending the contract. Its a nice trip, each team will challenge the other, and this has become a good rivalry in a very short time. CAK is losing a lot of Seniors this year (just like Betsy last year)and Betsy would have a good shot at evening the series. Plus, I want to come see the new field turf when it gets put in.

where did he imply that CAK cheats?

EHS already made the post season 2 weeks ago. Not our problem we have a weak district/region. Our Non-conference games prove we want to play tougher teams but are pretty much stuck like Greeneville in a weak conference. Not all of us have the advantage of playing teams like CAK and Loudon during the season.

This is a bad year for us so odds are you won;t be seeing us this year and if you do it will end like last year but worse probably. So have fun playing Milan again because that game will sure be a barn burner /sarcasm

He DIDN'T imply that CAK cheats. Just one of the less respectful Alcoa fans trying to get a rise out of somebody or start a fight.

I know CAK is having difficulty finding 2 more teams to round out next years schedule. It would be great if we could continue this series with Elizabethton. I know that CAK extended that offer several weeks ago but I don't think it has gone anywhere from there. Coach Bradley wants to fill the schedule ASAP and maybe Coach Witten just hasn't gotten around to working on next years schedule yet. But, if anyone in Betsy has the coach's ear, please have him consider extending the contract. Its a nice trip, each team will challenge the other, and this has become a good rivalry in a very short time. CAK is losing a lot of Seniors this year (just like Betsy last year)and Betsy would have a good shot at evening the series. Plus, I want to come see the new field turf when it gets put in.

Two budding rivalries that I would like to see are CAK vs. Boyd and CAK vs. Elizabethton. Both of these had great programs, great support, and a great home atmosphere. With the current playoff criteria, it's going to be hard for the better programs to fill their schedule. It would seem that would make it a possible fit for one or both of these match ups.

Does anyone know if these two teams will sign a new contract to play for the next 2 years? I think this is a very good game and the players look forward to it.

coach witten does not want to play cak greenville or ashville none of these teams will be on the schedule next year,he has offered a county team 10,000 dollars to play ehs so lets see what happens

coach witten does not want to play cak greenville or ashville none of these teams will be on the schedule next year,he has offered a county team 10,000 dollars to play ehs so lets see what happens

Not saying its not true, BUT, paying $10,000 to a high school for a game sounds odd and excessive. Are you gigging one of your opponents or are you serious? That money would certainly help with their field turf campaign. This just sounds a bit odd to me. Maybe cover the cost of transportation for someone to travel a distance, but $10,000, wow! CAK will come and play for FREE and I'm sure Greeneville will too! Please let any of the other schools in the area know that CAK is looking for a game and it really doesn't matter what classification. Dobyns Bennett schedule was aleady full but coach even went down that slippery slope, may be a good thing for us they were full, ha.

Not saying its not true, BUT, paying $10,000 to a high school for a game sounds odd and excessive. Are you gigging one of your opponents or are you serious? That money would certainly help with their field turf campaign. This just sounds a bit odd to me. Maybe cover the cost of transportation for someone to travel a distance, but $10,000, wow! CAK will come and play for FREE and I'm sure Greeneville will too! Please let any of the other schools in the area know that CAK is looking for a game and it really doesn't matter what classification. Dobyns Bennett schedule was aleady full but coach even went down that slippery slope, may be a good thing for us they were full, ha.

witten is having trouble finding anyone in the area to play because no likes etown because they lied about enrollment numbers to play down no its true i heard it from a county coach that turned it down,remember who is brother is money is not a problem

witten is having trouble finding anyone in the area to play because no likes etown because they lied about enrollment numbers to play down no its true i heard it from a county coach that turned it down,remember who is brother is money is not a problem

Okie dokie then, I'll roll with your take on it until someone says differently. Forgot about the NFL money.

I hate to disagree, but I think HappyValley44 has gotten some tainted information. I support both Betsy and the Warriors (hence the username). My daughter just graduated as a fourth generation Warrior and my son went to EHS, so not claiming to be an expert, but I know a little about both programs. First thing, enrollment records are confirmed by the TSSAA using numbers submitted for funding from the state and fed. So, it doesn't make sense that EHS would submit fewer numbers than they actually have, because it would mean they would recieve less funding for the school as a whole. Second, it is against TSSAA regulations for a school to pay another school (any amount) to play. They can share the gate any way they chose, as in 50-50, 70-30 etc., or one team can take 100%, but they cannot pay another team outright. Third, If Jason Witten is financially supporting his alma mater, I'm sure his support would go towards the new surface, that is wanted so badly. Again, I'm not trying to stir the pot or start a big feud, just trying to set the record straight.

This isn't the first time Happy valley users have said stuff similar to this. it happened in almost every thread last year.

EHS didn't lie about enrollment numbers to play down, that information is confirmed through TSSAA. They have always had around 700-900 student range and in 05-06, the year I graduated from EHS, HV actually had a larger enrollment by close to 100

This sounds like the typical big bad EHS propaganda that Happy Valley says every year. Greeneville has spanked us pretty much every time we play them so why all of a sudden wouldn't we want to keep them on the schedule? We just played a series with CAK with one game being decided by 1 point and a missed FG. Getting rid of Asheville I can see and understand.

And Witten is having trouble finding people to play us because county schools don't want their teams being slaughtered by a better school. EHS has tried to get Hampton in the past but no luck. I said this in the other thread, the only county schools we don't play are cloudland, unaka, hampton. Odds are you'll hear a lot of Bs from County coaches that are sore.

EHS never wanted to play down, we did fine in the bigger conference. At this rate EHs will go undefeated in conference play until they get bored with it and you'll see a Greeneville situation but with EHS instead. Also as already mentioned it is against rules to pay another school money to play.

The only way I could see that part about getting rid of GVille, Asheville, and CAK being true is if we have decided to play by TSSAA's rules and schedule weak teams to boost our spot in the post season.