Volleyball Officials

TheEdge2010

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hargis, great post! I wish and hope this does happen at state but i doubt it will. I just think the game has passed alot of these folks by. It hurts when we see how much parents spend on their children only to have bottom of the barrell officials. Sorry but its truly how I feel!

Every AAA match at State and everyAA match at state I saw (did not see all) had 4 officals.

At the NCS/ Summertown match, all 4 officials were TSSAA officials. Neither line judge had on their official shirts but one was a TSSAA official from NCS and the other was an official that had no connection to either team. The only parent line judge was from NCS.

At this game in Summertown there were only two TSSAA Officials at this game not 4. It doesn't matter that one of the line judges pulled out of the crowd was a TSSAA she was not there in a official capacity at was not getting paid. I am referring to PAID OFFICIALS that are present in uniform for all District Championships, Regional Games and State Playoff matches. Officials who are there for the purpose of being a TSSAA official. During the NCS game a individual who was not in uniform had a big impact on the outcome of this game that should have not been an issue.

So who is actually in charge of volleyball at TSSAA? Executive Director?

At this game in Summertown there were only two TSSAA Officials at this game not 4. It doesn't matter that one of the line judges pulled out of the crowd was a TSSAA she was not there in a official capacity at was not getting paid. I am referring to PAID OFFICIALS that are present in uniform for all District Championships, Regional Games and State Playoff matches. Officials who are there for the purpose of being a TSSAA official. During the NCS game a individual who was not in uniform had a big impact on the outcome of this game that should have not been an issue.

There is a lady who takes care of Volleyball, Soccer and Cheerleading who is one of the most efficient organizers one can expect. Officiating , my understanding is under someone who communicates with associations but I could be wrong. It could be the Executive Director. The lady is an on the ground type person who handled the organization of State tournaments in volleyball and soccer and whatever goes on in Cheerleading. The TSSAA is certainly fortunate to have her as are the female sports she is in charge of.

I don't know who she reports to but I would say the executive Director.

Forget contacting anyone at TSSAA about volleyball, FOOTBALL IS HERE! They really could care less. I was told that when I contacted them. They are busy counting the playoff money from football.

I would likely say that what they said was right and with all of the time they spend with trying to make the playoffs right and correcting everything that is wrong, They make a lot of money. football even includes schools with losing records. Volleyball have their tournaments during the seaason. At the end, only winners are qualified. As long as the teams with losing records don't mind traveling to play each other, everything is fine. it would appear that there is a lot of confusion with the whole thing.

• 5 weeks later...

Post season: Two REFEREES required. The host school is (as always) required to provide line judges. Most Nashville area schools request that the local association provide line judges for a multitude of reasons.

Personally speaking, give me two folks who really know what they're doing, no matter what color the shirt is!