Franklin Rebels vs Brentwood Bruins

kingz615

Well folks, once again another regular season is drawing to a close and once again its coming down to Franklin & Brentwood for the district title. Franklin has not won the district since 2006. Brentwood has won 4 out of the last 5 in this series. Does Brentwood's tough schedule leave them battle tested and proven, or does it leave them bruised and weary? Does Franklin's cup-cake schedule leave them soft and over-confident or does it leave them fresh and revitalized? Either way both teams have circled this game on the calendar for quite some time, and its finally right around the corner...

Well folks, once again another regular season is drawing to a close and once again its coming down to Franklin & Brentwood for the district title. Franklin has not won the district since 2006. Brentwood has won 4 out of the last 5 in this series. Does Brentwood's tough schedule leave them battle tested and proven, or does it leave them bruised and weary? Does Franklin's cup-cake schedule leave them soft and over-confident or does it leave them fresh and revitalized? Either way both teams have circled this game on the calendar for quite some time, and its finally right around the corner...

I for one CAN'T Wait

You Rebel Boys keeping playing with yourselves while we go play football tonite.... :roflol:

Is that supposed to be an insult? Yes, Franklin has a bye week this week, as did Brentwood a few weeks ago. All fbforme said was that he couldn't wait for the game. I don't know if he came off as cocky to you or what, but all I saw in his post was his enthusiasm for a perennially intense rivalry game that is sure to be exciting, as it usually is. Did you really suggest that Franklin folks play with themselves? What a juvenile comment. How is that even relevant? That was uncalled for.

Is that supposed to be an insult? Yes, Franklin has a bye week this week, as did Brentwood a few weeks ago. All fbforme said was that he couldn't wait for the game. I don't know if he came off as cocky to you or what, but all I saw in his post was his enthusiasm for a perennially intense rivalry game that is sure to be exciting, as it usually is. Did you really suggest that Franklin folks play with themselves? What a juvenile comment. How is that even relevant? That was uncalled for.

Dude = it was in reference to starting a chat among yourselves before this week's games are over. I guess you took it as an insult hunh?

Edited by lbhiii

I'd say between the two, yall have had about 14 buys! :popcorneater:

You Rebel Boys keeping playing with yourselves while we go play football tonite.... :roflol:

Well seems like Blackman was the team playing football. :roflol:

I know I will get called cocky and yelled at on here but I am just excited about this game. We Rebels are in a great spot now are we not? Even if we lose (which I don't think we will) we will be seeded higher than Brentwood come playoff time. Now, all of you will get on here and complain about our schedule, and I say to you "BOO HOO"! Rebels will play good next Friday night and we will show those around that the real Rebels are now here. 8 straight wins and an offense that is now more loaded with Sean Dye being back in the backfield.

You guys ready for my Rebel prediction?

Franklin 20 Brentwood 7

I would have predicted a shut out but I know the other Rebel posters would start screaming at me about being cocky! I just think our D is good enough to shut down Brentwood and ready to make a run in the playoffs.

JRPFHS21 you may want to walk down the hall and tell your daddy, FBFORME, to calm down a little bit. You're a little more accurate than he is in saying that Franklin will win by two scores. Anyone that knows anything about these two storied programs know better than to think that it would be that big of a blow out.

I am a long time Rebel follower but could no longer keep it in after reading the straight garbage that FBFORME keeps posting every week. It's people like you that are wrong with kids in today's societyby telling them it's everyone else's fault instead of telling them to suck it up. Please, for the love that is good and Holy, stop calling the BGA game a fluke. BGA has a top rated QB in CJ Bethard, Franklin had RB's that had never started a game for them, Webb has basically scouted Clayton for 5 years, and BGA flat out won the game. You can play the game with if this then that, but then what would be the point of playing the games ever?!?!?! And please stop talking about the Rebel's schedule this year. It was all anyone could do last year to stomach your blubbering about Franklin's schedule, and now you get on here and keep feeding the fire. If you want to be a fan, then stop getting on here and making Franklin looking like a bunch of half wits.

Brentwood vs Franklin (IMO) should be the district championship. The district is WAAAYYY down this year, so it doesn't come off as that much of a championship, but still something to be proud of. Franklin has played a cupcake schedule this year. Granted, you can't predict how teams are going to play from year to year, and as I've already said the district is down. I didn't realize this until someone pointed it out last week, but Franklin's strength of schedule has been ranked at 114 (out of 114 teams) for 2 weeks in a row now. Mr KingZ put it well by asking if this will pay off for the Rebs since they truly haven't been challenged since the first week of the season. Sort of like Boise playing for the national championship.

On the complete polar opposite, Brentwood is sitting here with 3 losses to 3 of the tops teams of the state out of the SEC conference to the East of us. They are extremly well coached, and have a big part of pride sitting on the line not wanting to lost to Franklin, or end the regular season with only 6 wins. Brentwood will come out well disciplined and ready to play football, no doubt

Call it crazy, but I see the more difficult schedule paying off for the Bruins in this one. They are at home, want to win the district, and help they're play-off seeding as much as possible. Rebels have been sitting around for a week (and playing with themselves aparently :oops: ) and Brentwood will be too much for them

B-wood brings the wood and wins - 17-14

Well I for one am a real Rebel fan as I would NEVER predict a Brentwood victory as you have MR. Comeandgetit! You are no Rebel fan or you would not be able to write that in a comment and say Brentwood wins and brings the wood over the Rebels. We real Rebels can't stand Brentwood.

Now as far as the schedule goes. I have been saying nothing but positives about the schedule. I have said lets prove people wrong. Others are the ones getting on here and talking about our easy schedule. All I know is we have destroyed the people we were suppose to destroy. Our defense has been dominant all season except for a few series against Centennial. So what's your problem? I don't care what you say about the first game (as I won't mention the team because I hate them worse than Brentwood), but that game if played now we would beat them two touchdowns. We held them to one touchdown. If we hit the ex. point then we kill them in OT (FLUKE)!

Now back to Brentwood. I really feel like we will beat them worse than scores of the past. They will have a hard time scoring on us. If you are a true Rebel fan then don't you think they will have hard time scoring a lot of points on our Defense??? Don't you think that with Dye being back our offense is better? So, what is wrong with me speaking what's on my mind??

I still say Rebels win! (and by bigger margin than most think)