Franklin Rebels vs Brentwood Bruins

kingz615

Well seems like Blackman was the team playing football. :roflol:

I know I will get called cocky and yelled at on here but I am just excited about this game. We Rebels are in a great spot now are we not? Even if we lose (which I don't think we will) we will be seeded higher than Brentwood come playoff time. Now, all of you will get on here and complain about our schedule, and I say to you "BOO HOO"! Rebels will play good next Friday night and we will show those around that the real Rebels are now here. 8 straight wins and an offense that is now more loaded with Sean Dye being back in the backfield.

You guys ready for my Rebel prediction?

Franklin 20 Brentwood 7

I would have predicted a shut out but I know the other Rebel posters would start screaming at me about being cocky! I just think our D is good enough to shut down Brentwood and ready to make a run in the playoffs.

ur an idiot there is a reason franklin doesnt play any good teams like blackman, oakland, and smyrna its because their coach knows that they cant even keep up with brentwood and if lost to them then they would just destroy them.

Brentwood keeps Franklin out of the endzone BHS 24-6

WOW, you could not have possibly re-itteriated my points any more perfectly than you just have.

1. BGA, you play the games when you play them. If a frog had wings my friend........ If this, than that... you could not have made me more right in your rebuttal.

2. Again, you are what is wrong with our youth. To provide a false sence of entitlement off of Franklin's pathetic opponents, well that's simply moronic. There is a difference between being optimistic and realistic. Optimistically, I would love for Franklin to beat Brentwood. Realistically, it's not going to happen. I have seen both teams play, facts are facts. Just because you want a team to win, doesn't mean that they will.

3. There is no doubt that the Franklin offense has improved with Dye coming back, that is one player, in case you have forgotten, football is a team sport.

I stand by my (realistic) prediction, Brentwood wins. Keep looking through those rose colored glasses

As one speaking from that little SEC type district to the east I just have this to say. Having followed Riverdale football it has given me the chance to see both Brentwood AND Franklin in the Big Dance for the Gold Ball.

In those dances Brentwood under Crawford Won. In the one where Franklin played R'dale..........well do YOU really want to rehash it? <_<:roflolk:

This years tough opposition has given Brentwood 'QUALITY' experience that I think will result in a win over Franklin.

This is priceless, one Franklin fan(FBFORME) calling an another Franklin fan(ComeGetIt) an idiot. I don't even have to defend my Bruins or make my points. I've got a Franklin fan making them for me. :roflol:

ComeGetIt, not because I am a Brentwood fan, but your post comes across as one of the more intelligent posts I have ever seen on CoachT. The last few years, this rivalry has left everything on the field. Last year Franklin wins both games if Lee isn't stripped in the muck and tackled on the goal line by Hoop. The year before, they split in 2 tough games with each winning on the other's field.

My big concern as a Bruin fan is injuries. We're pretty banged up and it appears that Franklin is a lot healthier than we are. However, last year we beat you guys in the Quarters without arguably the best running back in the midstate(Coffey) and our starting defensive tackle(Slaughter) so who knows.

I do know know this, both teams will play their hearts out and leave it on the field. Unlike this board, there won't be much smack talk on the field just a lot of smacking.

See you guys on Friday..... I hope its a great game.

Edited by lbhiii

Has Brentwood played a tougher schedule than Franklin? Yes.

Have they beaten anyone that Franklin hasn't? No one other than Gallatin and LaVergne (who lost to Indy last week, and we'll just leave that at that.)

Are they more banged up at this point in the season? Looks that way.

The schedules are the schedules, there are pros and cons of having a tough one. The pros will show "IF" Brentwood shows up and absolutely man-handles Franklin on Friday night. However, I know that both teams will be far too hyped and are both solid teams. It's going to be a close one.

Edited by jrpfhs21

Who let you Franklin people off the leash and out of the mental word?

I agree with the sentiment of "ibhiii" if Franklin couldn't beat Brentwood with Ford, Lee, and Dye, how do you expect to beat the Bruins with just Dye? Especially running behind an offensive line that looks more like a bad game of musical chairs than a unit deserving to be mentioned as a State contender.

Brentwood has been able to score on the stout defenses of Oakland & Smryna, with Franklin's pre-season showing against a similar Smyrna Bulldogs team, what is giving birth to the idea that Franklin will stop the Brentwood Bruins?

I'll make a prediction of my own, Franklin's three down line-man will get man-handled by the big men from Brentwood. It may be a different Defensive scheme and coordinator but it will still prodice the same affect... Brentwood will beat Franklin up front and run through them.

Who let you Franklin people off the leash and out of the mental word?

I agree with the sentiment of "ibhiii" if Franklin couldn't beat Brentwood with Ford, Lee, and Dye, how do you expect to beat the Bruins with just Dye? Especially running behind an offensive line that looks more like a bad game of musical chairs than a unit deserving to be mentioned as a State contender.

Brentwood has been able to score on the stout defenses of Oakland & Smryna, with Franklin's pre-season showing against a similar Smyrna Bulldogs team, what is giving birth to the idea that Franklin will stop the Brentwood Bruins?

I'll make a prediction of my own, Franklin's three down line-man will get man-handled by the big men from Brentwood. It may be a different Defensive scheme and coordinator but it will still prodice the same affect... Brentwood will beat Franklin up front and run through them.

I just do not understand you people. Yes, I get excited and I root for the Rebels and predict them to win all the time, but have you guys not been at the games? Our Offense has gotten better each week and our defense has been GREAT!!!! I have watched our defense play in the other teams backfield every week. what have you guys been watching? Why do you call our O'line as a bad game of musical chairs? Are you a Brentwood fan or a Franklin fan trying to fire up our boys? There is no way our three down linemen on defense get man-handled as you say. NO WAY!! Those guys will play in BHS backfield if they do not come ready to play! I can't wait for Friday night. I'm sick of the Rebels being put down. Go get em'!!!

Has Brentwood played a tougher schedule than Franklin? Yes.

Have they beaten anyone that Franklin hasn't? No one other than Gallatin and LaVergne (who lost to Indy last week, and we'll just leave that at that.)

Are they more banged up at this point in the season? Looks that way.

The schedules are the schedules, there are pros and cons of having a tough one. The pros will show "IF" Brentwood shows up and absolutely man-handles Franklin on Friday night. However, I know that both teams will be far too hyped and are both solid teams. It's going to be a close one.

Well said 21 ! Who has Brentwood beat that we didn't destroy also? I know someone will say the Centennial game was closer for us then them but enough is enough!

closer? U ALMOST LOST while brentwood had sophmores playing b4 halftime what about that?

Yes, Franklin had their worst game of the year, at that point still playing with rbs with no experience. And really it wasn't as close as the score. But how bout we compare the Indy games? You only beat them by 2 scores, could have easily been one, and Franklin totally dominated them with the starters out most of the 2nd half. Both of those games were at the start of the year, much different teams. But for a recent game, how about the BHS-Hilsboro game. Hilsboro was one score away from taking the lead into the 4th qtr. They could have easily had a lead had they not fumbled the ball at the 1-yard line. Their defense was exploited continuously that the Franklin defense soundly beat, forced 5 turnovers, and shut-out. The Bwood secondary was picked apart by an average QB at best. We can compare games and schedules all you want, but we won't know who is the better team and by how much until about 10:00 Friday night.

Franklin (8-1, 4-0) and Brentwood (6-3, 4-0) are tied for first in District 11-AAA, but Franklin already is assured of a more favorable playoff seeding because it will have more wins. Franklin's nondistrict opponents have a combined winning percentage of .378 (17-28), compared with .711 (32-13) for Brentwood.

That is from this morning's Tennessean article about the playoffs. Totally messed up.