AAA State Brackets

clifford20

Dragon your right it never will pay for the cost of this but at least think a little more outside the box. You could at least pull some more students in but in the eyes of TSSAA, Lets just get it over with!

Unfortunately Edge....I HAVE TO WORK! HAA! I might get to see a couple of late matches. I understand what Dragon is saying. But look around at other states, they seem to work it out. (many of them do anyway)

Independence puts out Karns 3-1, which puts Independence vs Dobyns-Bennett and Siegel is playing Ravenwood right now. It appears to me the brackets are set right. Three of these teams are back in the same spot from last year!!

You can't look at anyone's record at this point to try to seed teams. Every team is 0-0 to start this week and I bet every coach told their team that same thing.

If you play the schedule, District and Tournament, that Ravenwood, Siegel, Independence and Dobyns-Bennett play you will most likely have some quality losses. I know for a fact that the 7AAA district as well as 11AAA is night after night some of the best volleyball in the state. If you let down any team in those districts will be more that willing to hang a loss on you.

After watching day one, In my opinion Brentwood, Sullivan South and Riverdale were better teams than at least one team that was represented. Brentwood played through an early injury to a key player at the beginning of their season and Riverdale played the entire season without one of it's best players, outside hitter Kirsten Taylor.

Three out of the four teams left are from the mid-state, that alone says something.

It's great to represent your team but it's crazy to think that there is this big conspiracy in TSSAA volleyball.

Look at the results, they speak for themselves and at the end of the day the best four teams will find a way to put themselves into a shot at winning it all.

I do agree with some of what you say but the Tournament is the Tournament and really not meant to be the best in the State nor is any one Tournament representative of the best in the State, It is the best at the time of playing and vveryone gears themselves to playing well at that time. District championships give the best appraisal who plays the best in their distrioct overall. The district tournamet gives an appraisal at Tournament time. The Regional and sectional gets one in to State and the State tells from across the State, who seems to be playing best then. I certainly can give some changes in thoughts during the many parts of this

procedure that is gone thru. Stats can be alarmngly inaccurate. you live and die with the team and the team has injuries, has slumps, etc. its part of the year it is more accurate than the old system because with so many tournament, you never know the mixture but a lot of those teams in tournaments could be those just testing the wsater.

To mention brentwood, it got three injuries the week before their district tournament, two in regular season matches and agrivation and an intery in the Mid Tenn. That likely was the reason for its demise after checking. What does that mean? Some will be a little more careful woth their scheduling in the future.

In volleyball and girls basketball, it has been that way foir the last 15 years or longer. Sometimes some want to change it due to some other reason thats the way it is and has been. I have heard some outlandish reasoms for changing it getting into things that have noting to do with the sport.

Edited by PHargis

Announcements