District12A

waynecofreak

Has the Smith girl from Summertown quit? I was down around Summertown when I heard some folks talking. They were commenting on the team and their preseason games. They stated she was upset with the coach and walked off the floor. Is there any truth to this rumor?

We heard that down here yesterday as well. Was told that she was upset that morris did not start her during their playday at martin, and to make matters worse, morris had apparently commented to someone that she wouldn't start all this year. He had already told some people in collinwood that he was going to shake it up at summertown because some of the younger girls were better than the older girls. Its morris, so its not a real surprise.

Is smith going to transfer? We heard she might be going to Lawrence County?

Edited by AB23

We heard that down here yesterday as well. Was told that she was upset that morris did not start her during their playday at martin, and to make matters worse, morris had apparently commented to someone that she wouldn't start all this year. He had already told some people in collinwood that he was going to shake it up at summertown because some of the younger girls were better than the older girls. Its morris, so its not a real surprise.

Smith did quit, but the problem involved a conflict in the locker room on Tuesday with her teammates. Morris used different lineups at Martin with different players starting all games. It's preseason. As far as the comments, not true either. Summertown will be fine. Sounds like Collinwood has enough problems to worry about instead of spreading false information about another school. Know all the facts before you post.

Smith did quit, but the problem involved a conflict in the locker room on Tuesday with her teammates. Morris used different lineups at Martin with different players starting all games. It's preseason. As far as the comments, not true either. Summertown will be fine. Sounds like Collinwood has enough problems to worry about instead of spreading false information about another school. Know all the facts before you post.

Wow! Isn't she the starting point guard?

Looks like Wayne County's best chance to win the District is to have Morris as the coach of Summertown.

Edited by file13

Wow! Isn't she the starting post guard?

Looks like Wayne County's best chance to win the District is to have Morris as the coach of Summertown.

Byrd has never beat Morris in a Championship game (I think o-3) and is only (I think) 4-11 in five years vs him while he was at Collinwood. Someone might want to check those numbers. Maybe we should hope they don't face in the championship this year.

I heard she is thinking about Wayne County.

Byrd has never beat Morris in a Championship game (I think o-3) and is only (I think) 4-11 in five years vs him while he was at Collinwood. Someone might want to check those numbers. Maybe we should hope they don't face in the championship this year.

Hmmm, i wonder who CATS1 could be????

Also, the facts are that morris ran off players while he was here and now he is running them off at summertown. we may have our own problems but they stem from when he was here. i don't think he was to blame for everything that went wrong down here, but apparently he has issues everywhere he goes.

Either way it doesn't matter and I am done discussing him. If she's off, summertown probably finishes fourth. It's hard to replace your starting point guard and leading scorer from a year ago.

Edited by AB23

Hmmm, i wonder who CATS1 could be????

Also, the facts are that morris ran off players while he was here and now he is running them off at summertown. we may have our own problems but they stem from when he was here. i don't think he was to blame for everything that went wrong down here, but apparently he has issues everywhere he goes.

Either way it doesn't matter and I am done discussing him. If she's off, summertown probably finishes fourth. It's hard to replace your starting point guard and leading scorer from a year ago.

What a shame. If that is the same girl, I saw her play in AAU this spring with the Moore County team when they won the Division II State Championship in Shelbyville. The big post player with Summertown also played on that team I think. She was the fastest player on the court and was deadly from the 3 point line.

Mommy and Daddy are going to have to turn off all the utilities in their existing home and make an actual move.

I really don't know if her family has the gusto to actually move her. She is still enrolled there as of today. Based on what I have been told, a move is probably best for her both this season and in the long run. If they do move her to one of the two places mentioned....

If she goes to lawrence county, she would play in a much tougher district and classification, which would benefit her if she wants to play college ball. Lawrence county would benefit because they could use her quickness and outside shooting abilities at the guard spot. Lawrence county is already a threat to win their district and make a run at a region title, both this year and next. Plus, i'm told she has numerous friends there, so it would be easy for her to move and fit right in.

If she goes to wayne county, byrd probably would not start her this season because he has a starting line-up already and numerous seniors that have been there for four years. Parents would be irate if she came in and started. However, next season, wayne county would be down with only risner and reed back, so she would be a star for them.

Edited by AB23

Four of 12A's six teams were at Westview today. Results were as follows:

Wayne County (2-1) - Wins over Rossview (AAA) and Dyersburg (AA); Lost to Lake County (A)

Loretto (1-2) - Defeated Munford (AAA); Lost to Westview (AA) and Chester County (AA)

Summertown (1-1) - Defeated Chester County (AA); Lost to Humboldt (A); Result Unknown against Dyersburg (AA)

Perry County (3-0) - Defeated Chester County (AA), Harpeth (AA), and Halls (A)

After watching all four, I think this district may end up being even closer than I originally thought (and I knew it was going to be close between the top four). Summertown, Loretto, and Perry County all seem fairly even. While Wayne County is still considered the favorite, even they did not look particularly strong today, and they certainly did not do anything to make anyone think that they were considerably better than the other three 12A teams present today. I did come to the realization today that Risner may actually be the best overall player on Wayne County as she carried them for long stretches today. She is without a doubt the most important player on that team because they would be in a world of trouble without her at the point. She may actually be the other favorite for 12A MVP this season with Laws (Loretto) and Simmons (Perry County), instead of Daniels.

This is going to be a very interesting year in 12A.