District12A

waynecofreak

As a fan of Summertown and a parent with 3 kids in the high school, I have been told by my children that Morris is not well liked and that several of the girls are unhappy with him. I am not looking for anything good to come of this situation at all. I personally think they should have gotten Kelly Weathers to finally take the reigns there. With all the talent and depth, it is a sad thing. Another thing to watch is the band at SHS--people are definately not happy with Thompson either as he is definately hurting feelings with his treatment of some of the TRADITIONS left behind with teh passing of Mr Hester. Lots of turmoil in this school.

It is my understanding that there was some disagreement between Smith and the rest of the team. I have been told that she started yapping in the locker room about being the best player on the team and that they couldnt win without her and several of the other girls took serious offense to her actions and statements. I have also been informed that all of the remaining players are upset at Coach Morris that he is wanting them to beg her to come back. It could end up being a very ugly season with a ton of turmoil brewing between players and coach.

It is my understanding that there was some disagreement between Smith and the rest of the team. I have been told that she started yapping in the locker room about being the best player on the team and that they couldnt win without her and several of the other girls took serious offense to her actions and statements. I have also been informed that all of the remaining players are upset at Coach Morris that he is wanting them to beg her to come back. It could end up being a very ugly season with a ton of turmoil brewing between players and coach.

Thats not the way it happened in the locker room. They were practicing breaking the press. Smith was breaking their press easy (and she should have been, she was taught by the boys PG). After practice in the locker room the other girls told her that she was making them look bad. Smith said "its not my fault yal couldnt stop me. I was doing my job". The other girls read more into those words than should have been. Hurt feelings and egos can cause one heck of a program to crumble.

This all sounds unfortunatley familiar. I actually feel sorry for Summertown. Morris ruined Cwoods girls bball program. I just hope yall are smarter and get rid of him quicker than we did. It's like nobody wanted to believe this stuff when he was here but I'm telling you Morris=turmoil.

As far as the girl that has quit- he doesn't like standouts, so he will prolly not beg her back. Jealousy maybe? Oh yeah, he also doesn't get a grip on girl drama and fights between players. He actually feeds it.

This all sounds unfortunatley familiar. I actually feel sorry for Summertown. Morris ruined Cwoods girls bball program. I just hope yall are smarter and get rid of him quicker than we did. It's like nobody wanted to believe this stuff when he was here but I'm telling you Morris=turmoil.

As far as the girl that has quit- he doesn't like standouts, so he will prolly not beg her back. Jealousy maybe? Oh yeah, he also doesn't get a grip on girl drama and fights between players. He actually feeds it.

I dont think that Smith is looking to be "begged" back but i do believe there needs to be a meeting to clear the air. I dont see the Lady Eagles going as far as they would if Smith hadnt quit. Seems like Morris needs to grow up a little and respect the request of Smith to address the team.

It will probably be worse for summertown if she goes back. The turmoil will continue to happen all year long because of the one in charage. Smith is not exactly a star by any means, but she is a quality player and probably summertown's best overall player. The best thing for them and her is that she go somewhere where she will feel appreciated and get treated equally to the other players and that likely will not happen at summertown from here on out.

Trust me, this won't be the first issue with summertown this season, and smith, very likely, won't be the only one to quit before it is all said and done.

It will probably be worse for summertown if she goes back. The turmoil will continue to happen all year long because of the one in charage. Smith is not exactly a star by any means, but she is a quality player and probably summertown's best overall player. The best thing for them and her is that she go somewhere where she will feel appreciated and get treated equally to the other players and that likely will not happen at summertown from here on out.

Trust me, this won't be the first issue with summertown this season, and smith, very likely, won't be the only one to quit before it is all said and done.

Summertown does not have a true PG without her.

Feeling appreciated and getting treated equally is a two way street...

Ok, all I know is what the word of mouth is among the students at the school. I do know this, however, I have been told in no uncertain terms that my children do not like him and will not attend any class that he teaches if he is still there next season. The only reason they are this year is because they are trapped into it. I seriously lost alot of respect for Coach Willard the way he done these girls and the school and will be cheering for every boys team that Wayne Co will face. On the girls side, I was expecting Summertown to challenge for the district title before Coach W left, but now I am not expecting anything better than 4th or maybe even 5th.

I really don't know if her family has the gusto to actually move her. She is still enrolled there as of today. Based on what I have been told, a move is probably best for her both this season and in the long run. If they do move her to one of the two places mentioned....

If she goes to lawrence county, she would play in a much tougher district and classification, which would benefit her if she wants to play college ball. Lawrence county would benefit because they could use her quickness and outside shooting abilities at the guard spot. Lawrence county is already a threat to win their district and make a run at a region title, both this year and next. Plus, i'm told she has numerous friends there, so it would be easy for her to move and fit right in.

If she goes to wayne county, byrd probably would not start her this season because he has a starting line-up already and numerous seniors that have been there for four years. Parents would be irate if she came in and started. However, next season, wayne county would be down with only risner and reed back, so she would be a star for them.

It is now my understanding that she is in fact going to Lawrence County--apparently enrolled today, first day of school there is tommorow. This information was just passed to me about 5 minutes ago.

It is now my understanding that she is in fact going to Lawrence County--apparently enrolled today, first day of school there is tommorow. This information was just passed to me about 5 minutes ago.

What a shame. I really was impressed with the Lady Eagles last year going as far as they did. And to think they were all sophmores.

Well all I can say is...Go Morris! Geeezzzz!