Question about Nashville clubs

Roba22

1st. how many clubs are in Nashville now? or in the Middle TN area

2nd. Are for the major schools in the Nashville are (Ravenwood, Siegel, Indy., and Riverdale) what clubs do many of this young ladies tend to attend? By that I mean where will you see the stars from these team be playing club?

1st. how many clubs are in Nashville now? or in the Middle TN area

2nd. Are for the major schools in the Nashville are (Ravenwood, Siegel, Indy., and Riverdale) what clubs do many of this young ladies tend to attend? By that I mean where will you see the stars from these team be playing club?

I believe that in the Nashville area there are now 5 clubs: Alliance, Nashville One, Ethos, Club West, Rutherford County Jrs. I'm not sure that Spike is still around. Ethos and Club West are new this year. In addition, Alliance is fielding satellite clubs in Wilson Co (East), Sumner County (North) and Clarksville, TN (North)

Most of the "stars" are playing at Alliance and Nashville One. There is no telling what will happen this year with Club West and Ethos in the mix. I could guess but that would be unfair to the clubs :) All of the schools you mentioned have players at both Alliance and Nashville One.

Edited by play4keeps

I believe that in the Nashville area there are now 5 clubs: Alliance, Nashville One, Ethos, Club West, Rutherford County Jrs. I'm not sure that Spike is still around. Ethos and Club West are new this year. In addition, Alliance is fielding satellite clubs in Wilson Co (East), Sumner County (North) and Clarksville, TN (North)

Most of the "stars" are playing at Alliance and Nashville One. There is no telling what will happen this year with Club West and Ethos in the mix. I could guess but that would be unfair to the clubs :) All of the schools you mentioned have players at both Alliance and Nashville One.

Yeah that is what I thought but I wanted to ask. I noticed that Nashville one last year did not look the same as it did the year before so I guess most of them went to Alliance as it was the new club last year right? So what happended to Impact? Williamson county Jrs? Did they just break up and start up under different names which is happening again this year? We have played against the same players for the last 4 years now and it seems like each year it changes a little up there. Kingsport (KVC) has been the same for the last 2-3 years... Smokey mountin Jrs. changed some last year with K2 starting up. Choo Choo city has been the same for the last 3 years... Just kind of wondering what the Tennessee club season is goig to look like this year (our last)

Yeah that is what I thought but I wanted to ask. I noticed that Nashville one last year did not look the same as it did the year before so I guess most of them went to Alliance as it was the new club last year right? So what happended to Impact? Williamson county Jrs? Did they just break up and start up under different names which is happening again this year? We have played against the same players for the last 4 years now and it seems like each year it changes a little up there. Kingsport (KVC) has been the same for the last 2-3 years... Smokey mountin Jrs. changed some last year with K2 starting up. Choo Choo city has been the same for the last 3 years... Just kind of wondering what the Tennessee club season is goig to look like this year (our last)

Here's a bit of history to start your morning:

Many years ago (circa 1998) there were a few clubs in Nashville -- Spike, Music City Jrs, one I can't remember the name of out of MTSU (prior to Club Xtreme days). Along came Impact.

A few years (5 or 6) after Impact started , Williamson County Select spun off taking players and coaches with them. Fast forward a few more years, Nashville One spins off Impact taking players and coaches with them. Impact, still a leader, moves to A-Game sportsplex. After one year, Williamson Co Select re-merges with Impact and forms Alliance. Another year later Club West and Ethos spin off, taking players and coaches with them.

Wmson Select, Club West and Ethos are all headed up by former Impact/Alliance Coaches. When my oldest started playing for Impact there were a couple of clubs and Impact only had 4 teams, that was 1999.

• 3 weeks later...

So I might add to the answer, players shop around for Clubs to play with looking for chemistry, coaches, and skill levels and closeness of the club to play. Middle School play has elevated the need for teams or vise versa. It does seem that the majority of players at a school will try to play with one club but it depends on the slot open, the coaches available and to some degree the location. Alliance had some connection with Belmont University personnel, Jay Goldstyne who started club in Nashville. Nashville One has a connection with Lipscomb University personnel. Both have ex-players, etc. New Clubs have players from Universities. It is true that schools might try to set up players with coaches for their players, i.e, skill levels. You can name any major VB School besides the schools you mentioned and it would be surprising to see where the players are and it depends mostly on the skill levels wanted and the coaches available. Ravenwood has found Alliance and a number of players from other schools, Siegel has found Nashville One as has Ensworth and Brentwood. But, the major criteria is for a parent and player to find the Club and Club Coach who best fits the need of the player and has the players to best complement the chemistry and thats where the player goes. Indy, with their coaches, will find the best spot as far as coaches but has the good advantage of Coaches on Staff along with other personnel that can do a lot of things "In House"> Riverdale has used Nashville One and Rutherford Juniors and is a school, with their coach, that will cause a lot of noise on the State scene consistantly in a very few years. In every part of the State, every major VB School has connection with and uses clubs for summer development. It does not mean the coach can be involved because of TSSAA rules but if the parents want, the coach can advise the coaches needed and the place to go for special skills needed. In some schools, the coaches keep a check on the best skill level coaches around as do the Club Directors advise Parents and players of the very top skill coaches and their best solutions. Other Coaches used in the Nashville Area are from Fisk, Tennessee State, Middle Tennessee State, Austin Peay, Trevecca, Martin at Pulaski and it is amazing that with all of the teaching going on that Vanderbilt has not found the need to compete but the Scholorships likely are too expensive. Clubs in Nashville seem to avoid more than two players per high school team per age group but seem to allow in an age group that has more than one Club team, other players from the same high school on that team so 22, what you are looking for in your question might not be able to work. If your question is "How do the club teams look this year?" with as many schools from the area in the top of the State........most of them have enough players to play the last I knew.

Edited by PHargis

Phargis thanks for the info, I was mostly trying to find out where the "stars" from these schools I listed (no names here becasue I did not weant to leave anyone out) but which club they would play for this year... I know that three years ago they were pretty split up. and impact had the stronger teams. two years ago Nashville One had some strong teams and last year it looked to be allience had some strong ones. with the new ones opening up I was wondering if that would even it out a little more up there or if the players would go back to their old clubs.