6A playoff brackets

my2cents

Nope, I am a math teacher, I do my gambling at the poker table, where it's my skill vs. someone else's and no house advantage. Anyway, I am sure most roulette dealers would tell you they have never seen it happen. It should happen 1 in 1000 times, that's 46,000 spins of the wheel. And for your lottery comparison, people win the lottery, but lots more than 46 people play it. If 46 people played the lottery, i would say it would be decades or more before anyone hit the jackpot.

Math teacher, ok. Well, I guess that makes you right. Funny, how just like everything else you say, it is because you say so. Professor of probability using wiki...just kidding slow down.. The lottery reference was for "the whole drama of it all". Poker is the best game in the house, I KNOW this. Then the pass line..oh well. I'm going to stand by what I have already said and I think everyone can come to their own conclusion. Your views, seem just a little biased to be taken for face value.

Edited by onefortheteam

ok how bout this one....since 06...Smyrna, 07 Smyrna, 08 Oakland,- out of the last 4 championships...3 have been rutherford county..has nothing to do with the fact middel has 2 quads :thumb:

Posted the page before by me:

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Here we go with the middle TN booster club. Squirrel..really..that tired analogy? A blessed day...how can you, in the same post be so arrogant and dismissive...is this a blessing too you. What a contrast? Wait, wait, I will save you the "because I typed it post". Whatever. The system is skewed to the advantage of the middle. Any reseasonable person can admit that. This not the only reason, and certainly NOT the biggest reason, but a contributing factor to the title streak. Why is it so hard for middle TN fans to admit?

Again this why I say it is skewed:

1)The most schools are in middle TN.

2)50%+ of the teams in the playoffs

3)Middle in the East and West bracket(old system) and in 2 of 4 quads (new system)

4)East has to eliminate to 1 to advance to semis in both systems

5)West has to eliminate to 1 to advance to semis in both systems

As I posted a hundred posts ago, it is amazing the middle hasn't won them all, because on top of this advantage, they have great programs. "

Good luck.

The problem I see with this poster is that he is solely relying on statistical analysis to dismiss others positions, as "statistacally" the middle part of the state gets to play in too many championships.

Las Vegas lives for people like this.

Statistics are fine as a tool, but they cannot accurately predict any outcome with certainty if the outcome is less than 100%. It is a common maxim among mathematicians that if you could just get the right algorithm, then you could explain human behavior with certainty.

The TV show "Numbers" is more entertainment than fact.

There are more 6A schools in this part of the state than in others. The largest school in this state is in Nashville. Statistically speaking, McGavock should have shown up SOMEWHERE on the list of champions. Matter of fact, statistically speaking, someone in Nashville should have shown up statistically more often than say, Williamson County schools (they have more schools with more students, yet no championships).Or any other sport

How does THAT compute?

This is how: better coaching, better staffs,better schemes, better turnout of the student population for the sport, better feeder systems, better resources spent on the programs, tradition, expectations. This is why Maryville excels, despite moving up in classification. This why Williamson and Rutherford County have similar successes, despite the explosive growth in schools which tend to be a delutive factor, not an additive factor.

That is not a number you can feed into your hierarchal multiple regression analysis, probability density functions, or Fisher F-Distributions ( I took statistics as well).

The reality is that it will all be played out on the field. I do predict that there will be, statistically speaking, some results that could not be predicted.

Good luck to all of the players- may your dreams survive for another week.

Math teacher, ok. Well, I guess that makes you right. Funny, how just like everything else you say, it is because you say so. Professor of probability using wiki...just kidding slow down.. The lottery reference was for "the whole drama of it all". Poker is the best game in the house, I KNOW this. Then the pass line..oh well. I'm going to stand by what I have already said and I think everyone can come to their own conclusion. Your views, seem just a little biased to be taken for face value.

Actually blackjack counting cards or just playing basic strategy are both better odds than the pass line.....probably wont believe me.

Actually blackjack counting cards or just playing basic strategy are both better odds than the pass line.....probably wont believe me.

It would depend on the house rules for the game you're playing (split & surrender rules for BJ, odds limits for craps) along with any odds shifting (card counting) you can do.

I was givimg basic advice, a person card counting well that is a different story.

"I bet you won't agree with me", either.

Edited by onefortheteam

The problem I see with this poster is that he is solely relying on statistical analysis to dismiss others positions, as "statistacally" the middle part of the state gets to play in too many championships.

Las Vegas lives for people like this.

Statistics are fine as a tool, but they cannot accurately predict any outcome with certainty if the outcome is less than 100%. It is a common maxim among mathematicians that if you could just get the right algorithm, then you could explain human behavior with certainty.

The TV show "Numbers" is more entertainment than fact.

There are more 6A schools in this part of the state than in others. The largest school in this state is in Nashville. Statistically speaking, McGavock should have shown up SOMEWHERE on the list of champions. Matter of fact, statistically speaking, someone in Nashville should have shown up statistically more often than say, Williamson County schools (they have more schools with more students, yet no championships).Or any other sport

How does THAT compute?

This is how: better coaching, better staffs,better schemes, better turnout of the student population for the sport, better feeder systems, better resources spent on the programs, tradition, expectations. This is why Maryville excels, despite moving up in classification. This why Williamson and Rutherford County have similar successes, despite the explosive growth in schools which tend to be a delutive factor, not an additive factor.

That is not a number you can feed into your hierarchal multiple regression analysis, probability density functions, or Fisher F-Distributions ( I took statistics as well).

The reality is that it will all be played out on the field. I do predict that there will be, statistically speaking, some results that could not be predicted.

Good luck to all of the players- may your dreams survive for another week.

Excellent points and post. I believe that some have took what I said about "advantage", as me saying it is "only" reason the middle has won 33 of 46 or whatever. I DO NOT think that, nor am I or have I said that. I simply, in the very beginning(page4) of this crazy thread said, "middle" had an advantages and listed them. All the rest, has been dodging rocks from rabid fans. Goodluck you as well.

Edited by onefortheteam

• 9 months later...

I am pretty sure Brighton didn't :) Remember, Brighton is my poster team for what is wrong with the current playoff 'system'...

Yes I remember :) Probably Arlington and Brighton seeded 1/2 in Quad 4 and Riverdale and Oakland could be (hopefully not) seeded below them in their own quad.

Edited by randymc