White Co at Tullahoma

binns37388

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as we don't have to go to Sparta to play the second half, I think Tullahoma should win. The last time we thought we wouldn't have any problems with a team, we were down 18pts in the 4th quarter. Tullahoma historically doesn't do well in the first round, so I'll take a 1pt win. Not many people thought White Co would go to Crossville and get a win last Friday. White Co is in a good position to upset the Cats.

Could you explain the second half play? That game must have slipped past me. Did yall actually play the 1st half in Tullahoma and then play the 2nd half at White County?

Could you explain the second half play? That game must have slipped past me. Did yall actually play the 1st half in Tullahoma and then play the 2nd half at White County?

That is correct. Tullahoma had the lead at halftime and then lost 28-27 in Sparta on Sat. Ronnie Carter of the TSSAA said it would be a no contest I think if we didn't finish the game and I don't think White Co wanted to come back on Sat, so the Cats had to load up and go to Sparta on Sat. It certainly was a strange occurence, but it did happen about 10 years ago.

Edited by binns37388

That is correct. Tullahoma had the lead at halftime and then lost 28-27 in Sparta on Sat. Ronnie Carter of the TSSAA said it would be a no contest I think if we didn't finish the game and I don't think White Co wanted to come back on Sat, so the Cats had to load up and go to Sparta on Sat. It certainly was a strange occurence, but it did happen about 10 years ago.

Really strange.

The Warriors have played pretty decent defensively against coffee and cumberland county, both of which have small lines. The warrior special teams was pretty good against us, and they have a good punter. Haven't seen tullahoma play, just scores, but if tullahoma can be really physical with white county and can defend the run, I think they take the cake.

White co. seemed one dimensional because they either couldn't or wouldn't pass against us when we have been torched in the air all year.

Hoping for a 6AAA win, but I expect tullahoma by 17.

Edited by blueangel51

Really strange.

The Warriors have played pretty decent defensively against coffee and cumberland county, both of which have small lines. The warrior special teams was pretty good against us, and they have a good punter. Haven't seen tullahoma play, just scores, but if tullahoma can be really physical with white county and can defend the run, I think they take the cake.

White co. seemed one dimensional because they either couldn't or wouldn't pass against us when we have been torched in the air all year.

Hoping for a 6AAA win, but I expect tullahoma by 17.

I don't know a lot about White County but Tullahoma defends the run well. They really gave Lawrence County fits last week and they are a good running team. Tullahoma is very well rounded and plays good football. I thought Tullahoma did a great job staying at home and defending the WingT that Lawrence County was running. I would have to say if I saw any weakness in their game it would be to run the ball just off tackle. Other than that they are pretty solid on defense.

Did the weather cancel the game on Friday?

I don't know a lot about White County but Tullahoma defends the run well. They really gave Lawrence County fits last week and they are a good running team. Tullahoma is very well rounded and plays good football. I thought Tullahoma did a great job staying at home and defending the WingT that Lawrence County was running. I would have to say if I saw any weakness in their game it would be to run the ball just off tackle. Other than that they are pretty solid on defense.

We specifically had a defensive gameplan to not allow them to get off tackle. One players job was to blow up the play by busting up the pulling guards and forcing the play back inside to the linebackers. Worked pretty well, I thought. :thumb:

We specifically had a defensive gameplan to not allow them to get off tackle. One players job was to blow up the play by busting up the pulling guards and forcing the play back inside to the linebackers. Worked pretty well, I thought. :thumb:

It worked very well! Yall take care of White County and We hopefully can take care of Cleveland and we can resume this rivalry! It should be fun to say the least! Good luck this week!

It came a monsoon rain at halftime.

Just a reminder, High School Sports Plus, a sports talk show with Scott Shasteen and myself, will air Monday at 5pm instead of 6pm, because of a conflict with UT bkb. The Vols have an exhibition game with Indianapolis and 101.5 is the Vols network station in this area. I'm sure you'll want to listen at 5pm for a wrapup of high school football first round playoff action and other sports news.