Clinton Football

TheEdge2010

I am amazed at how weak this team looks. The coaching is simply awful. Clinton use to be known for it hard nosed play. With playoffs on the line they laid down and gave up 46 points to AC. The QB is young but isnt going to get much better in a year. The line is huge but cant block a smaller line. Kids in Clinton deserve better coaching. Come on Clinton people we want our Dragons back! Sorry but this time a former player cant bring this team back. I know he wants too but it will not happen they need more experience on the sideline.

• Upvote 1

I am amazed at how weak this team looks. The coaching is simply awful. Clinton use to be known for it hard nosed play. With playoffs on the line they laid down and gave up 46 points to AC. The QB is young but isnt going to get much better in a year. The line is huge but cant block a smaller line. Kids in Clinton deserve better coaching. Come on Clinton people we want our Dragons back! Sorry but this time a former player cant bring this team back. I know he wants too but it will not happen they need more experience on the sideline.

I have always supported Shattuck and his staff, but something has to change! I agree with you Edge....this team just dont have the heart and toughness like alot of former Clinton teams. Turnovers and penalties game after game just shows that the coaches arent doing their jobs in getting the players prepared.

Hey 92Dragon, Don't know the in's and out's of your program, but you and your team are a class act and have always treated us well! Wish you guys the best of luck and future success for your program however it works out. Peace brother! :motorbike:

Thank you very much db71, that means alot to me. I wish you guys the best of luck as well....I believe this could be your year! :thumb:

My advice would be to stay the course and have a productive offseason. (players and coaches)The 2010 team was young and i think we will have a better team next year. Also Patrick was hurt in the second half, and Powell and Pyke didnt even dress, we are a different team without those three. And now it looks like we were a couple of plays away from making the playoffs. But having said all of that at times i think our execution(penalties, turnovers,etc.) is horrible and that all goes back to coaching. But we will be more experienced next year, and i'm still excited about the future.

Time to open it up at Clinton. The job pays good money. We cant afford another year of this kind of play. If they cant find a QB then they are in real trouble with Powell, AC in the district.The kids simply lost all heart this year. Ive heard many may not return next year in fact. We need a football coach and not a political postion from the vice mayor of Clinton. The Shattucks have made it quite well off the people of Clinton. Now its time to move on! I like Andy but he will not bring Clinton back to glory.

I would have to disagree that coaching is 90% of the game. It's the Jimmy's and Joe's, not x's and o's. I will agree that Clinton looked good on the field in uniform. Looks can be deceiving. I think the Clinton kids did quit a little in the second half. The program is in a little bit of a funk and it's hard to get programs out of that some times. The coaches at Clinton are good people. Who knows what the answer is. I know it is a whole lot easier to say what needs to be done when one is sitting behind their computer. Also, one that has no experience in the coaching field always seems to have the "best" ideas on what needs to be done. The Dragons need to whether the storm. This time last year the Clinton faithful were ready to vote Shattuck as President. O how quickly you forget. What have you dont for me lately, not last year. Right?

CLINTON has the size and ability to get the job done, However coaching is 90% of the game! I am from AC and Josh Kerr was passed over for a reason. OLD SCHOOL football no longer works.This is my 2cents worth, good luck in the future.

You've got your Dragons back. Last year was an anomoly. A class like Stone, Hazlehurst, Chapman, Frazier and company only comes along once in a blue moon. That was like the 2005 Oak Ridge team. Anybody could win with those guys.

How does the Clinton community feel about Shattuck living in West Knoxville?

Edited by ORidgeKat

I Agree its time for a change. I talk to a few of the kids last weekend at VFC chamipionship games and they was saying its time for a change. They felt there are some good coaches on staff the Herrell,Stone,Benjermin and kerr but none has a say so in the offense. Also said they dont think no one of the staff likes one another something got to change.