A-AA State Tournament Pairing Posted

CHAMPDDS

Is it correct that of the 8 schools who are in the tournament, only 3 are private? If so, that has to be a record.

WHAT??? If that's true, then we need to do something about that! Get all the publics out to their own division!!!Quit beating up on us poor private schools!

:roflol:

Don, if it is accurate (which I don't know if any are magnets) then that is a record for the time that I have been here. The closest that happened in the guys season, was in 2009 when 3 of the 4 were publics.

WHAT??? If that's true, then we need to do something about that! Get all the publics out to their own division!!!Quit beating up on us poor private schools!

:roflol:

Don, if it is accurate (which I don't know if any are magnets) then that is a record for the time that I have been here. The closest that happened in the guys season, was in 2009 when 3 of the 4 were publics.

Don is accurate and it is a record. Here is the breakdown since 2004:

2010: 3 Privates

2009: 4 Privates

2008: 6 Privates

2007: 8 Privates (Big Red must have been going out of his mind this year)

2006: 6 Privates

2005: 5 Privates

2004: 7 Privates

Don is accurate and it is a record. Here is the breakdown since 2004:

2010: 3 Privates

2009: 4 Privates

2008: 6 Privates

2007: 8 Privates (Big Red must have been going out of his mind this year)

2006: 6 Privates

2005: 5 Privates

2004: 7 Privates

Ok.....lets get this party started......There are less private schools in 2009 and 2010 since several went to division 2 two years ago. Based on the sub-state results of the D2 A (small school), I suspect some of the middle and east Tn schools wish the had remained in the public division. A west tn sweep both years!!

I agree that the private schools should all be in division two. With more teams, D2 could then create six champions in football like their public school counterparts. Everyone should be a winner!

CPA's problem is that they have not played anyone since Oct 12 and have not beaten anyone since Sep 22. The game should help with the easy schedule versus hard schedule discussion.

[/quote

Can't tell if this is tongue in cheek or not. You know that from mid October on teams must play in district & region tournaments then a sectional game. In mid-season CPA played Franklin, Ravenwood, BGA, FRA, Centennial and Ensworth, along with an eariler tournament with GPS, ND and Baylor. The underlined teams are still alive in one of the state tournaments. I suspect ND had an equally difficult schedule. I will add that the tournament seems incomplete this year without CCS.

Can't tell if this is tongue in cheek or not. You know that from mid October on teams must play in district & region tournaments then a sectional game. In mid-season CPA played Franklin, Ravenwood, BGA, FRA, Centennial and Ensworth, along with an eariler tournament with GPS, ND and Baylor. The underlined teams are still alive in one of the state tournaments. I suspect ND had an equally difficult schedule. I will add that the tournament seems incomplete this year without CCS.

This was not meant as a judgement, I understand that CPA has to play a district schedule that started Oct 13. It was just an observation of their schedule. Did I say something not accurate?

CPA's problem is that they have not played anyone since Oct 12 and have not beaten anyone since Sep 22. The game should help with the easy schedule versus hard schedule discussion.

I posted this as part of another thread earlier, but thought it might serve here as well. The only thing I will dispute in your post is the idea that ND had an equally difficult schedule to CPA. No one played as tough a schedule as ND did, period. There were no weak sisters from start to finish. Their only two "blowout" games came in the post season.

Aug. 27 #10 CPA N Baylor Tournament L 1-2

Aug. 28 #23 Ravenwood Baylor Tournament W 2-0

Aug. 28 #17 Station Camp Baylor Tournament L 1-2

Sep. 2 Sequatchie County D Game Forfeited by Sequatchie County W 1-0

Sep. 7 at #2 Soddy Daisy L 1-2

Sep. 9 at #9 Girls Preparatory School L 0-1

Sep. 14 #6 Signal Mountain D W 1-0

Sep. 17 Germantown N Rivals Tournament at Memphis, Tennessee L 1-3

Sep. 18 Collierville N Rivals Tournament at Memphis, Tennessee L 1-4

Sep. 19 #18 Henry County N Rivals Tournament at Memphis, TN L 1-3

Sep. 23 #11 East Hamilton W 2-1

Sep. 30 at Chattanooga Christian D T 0-0

Oct. 5 at #2 Baylor T 1-1

Oct. 14 #1 Bearden T 2-2

Oct. 19 Sequatchie County D Post Season-District Playoff W 1-0

Oct. 21 Chattanooga Christian D Post Season-District Championship W 1-0

Oct. 27 DeKalb County Region 4 Semifinal 6:30 W 10-0

Oct. 28 at #18 Livingston Academy R4A-AA Finals W 1-0

Oct. 30 #17 Boyd Buchanan A-AA Sectional W 6-0

Nov. 3 #10 CPA N A/AA State Quarterfinals 7PM at Chattanooga Christian School, Chattanooga, TN

*** After posting the above schedule, I realized that ALL of the ND's opponents that actually showed up to play were ranked in the Top 25 somewhere.

**Posted previously. One edit was made to correct E. Ham. sted GPS since Memphis: "No one has played anywhere near the schedule ND has this year. While they struggled early and had a miserable trip to Memphis where they gave up 10 goals in 3 games against Collierville, Germantown and Henry Co. they have since given up 4 goals in 8 games against Baylor (1-1), Beardon (2-2), Signal Mtn (1-0), E. Ham. (2-1), CCS(0-0;1-0), Dekalb Co. (10-0) Livingston Academy (1-0), Boyd (6-0). All of those teams are or have been ranked somewhere near the top all year in some poll or another (and/or are still playing).

None of that is to discount Greenville's run, or anyone else's for that matter. The beauty of sports is that we all believe our kids have worked harder, want it more or represent some greater goal. We sometimes forget the other team feels exactly the same."

ND underwent a good deal of personnel changes pre-Memphis, but has settled into a strong unit. By my count, 8 and maybe 9 girls have scored. Four of the five girls in the back played in last year's state finals, so I might dispute Simplegame's claim that CPA has the best defense in the state. He could probably come up with his own stats and "facts" to make his case, but whatever.

Also, all but one of the 14 girls that see significant playing time for ND played in last year's finals. The lone exception was injured last year and now plays defense.

I expect CPA to be very good and scoring should be hard to come by for both teams. It won't be decided here, of course, but thought I'd add to the fodder.