South Greene at Happy Valley

budkilmer

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Warriors
    • Rebels

yea thats not very true, HV only played 9 games because the old coach was an idiot and decided to schedule Clintwood who is expected to make ANOTHER state championship game and just decided not to find a tenth game. By the time Shively the new coach got there it was already summer and everyones schedule was already full. and you also realize that the old coach called the offense AGAINST Happy Valley tonight. and without a doubt ran the same three plays that he scored on when he played in the 80s.

I will be nice and not comment on the old coach. I am very happy with what we got now.Not sure what is not true. When the new conferences were made, G-p and all the Greene Co. schools scheduled other people. If he didn't schedule Clintwood, we would have just had 8. It was idiotic that he did wait till the last minute to try to find replacement games. Shively couldn't find games because most schools will enter into 2 year agreements(1 home game, 1 away game). He did have options, but again, they were looong road trips. One was near the outer banks in NC.

Next year, we have dropped Cloudland and Clintwood. He have picked up Daniel Boone, Sullivan Central, and Abingdon, Va.

I will be nice and not comment on the old coach. I am very happy with what we got now.Not sure what is not true. When the new conferences were made, G-p and all the Greene Co. schools scheduled other people. If he didn't schedule Clintwood, we would have just had 8. It was idiotic that he did wait till the last minute to try to find replacement games. Shively couldn't find games because most schools will enter into 2 year agreements(1 home game, 1 away game). He did have options, but again, they were looong road trips. One was near the outer banks in NC.

Next year, we have dropped Cloudland and Clintwood. He have picked up Daniel Boone, Sullivan Central, and Abingdon, Va.

Just for the record, their was a list on TSSAA website, and he waited till the last moment, and the games were taken, the only ones left at that time would make you drive a long distance......thats why we ended up with 9 games last year. This year I think Verran just didnt care, so unfortunately Coach Shively had no choice.....Now, thanks to Coach Shively, he has fixed our schedule, and we are looking forward to it............

I have a question for the South Greene fans, Where were you? I was very surprised along with all the HV fans that their were very little of you at the playoff game, I know it was cold, but when we played you guys a couple of seasons back, just as a regular conference game, their were alot more of your fans there..........I was just wondering...................

Have to agree, I counted roughly around fifty. But, what surprized me most was, that the HV side wasn't full. I know the weather was pretty bad, but I really expected SRO. Hope next games crowd is a little bigger. I have to admit though, even though the stands weren't completely full, the ones that did show up, were very vocal.

GO WARRIORS!!

Yeah, if the stars align, the wooly worm has thick bands, the ground hog see's his shadow, the squirrel's tail is extra bushy and everybody holds their mouth just right, plus HV and EHS take care of business Friday night, you won't be able to stir a stick on Warrior Hill for that meeting. You'll have to get in line at the ticket booth on Thursday morning.