Hendersonville Commandos at Henry County Patriots

QBClubPrez

Playing tougher competition makes you better. The problem for Henry Co is they are stuck in a terrible district. While that makes for a great record for HC and probable district titles, it does NOT help get HC ready for a playoff run thru quality programs. There is nothing that can be done about it other than learn from this and get better. Henry Co has a solid football program, and has tremendous support and enthusiasm from the community, but until we make that jump and hoist a gold ball, we cannot be talked about in the same sentences as those that have gold balls. Henry Co has some excellent talent for the next 4 years, after that, time will tell, but if we want to be a "top dawg in Tennessee football" then we have to win games like last friday night, and start hoisting some gold balls.

I hear there is a proposal to go back to the 5 classifications to be voted on November 20th, we as Henry Countians, better hope that doesn't happen, because there are at least 15 teams in 6a right now that could win a 5a state championship.

GO BIG RED

I hoist gold ba....nevermind.

Playing tougher competition makes you better. The problem for Henry Co is they are stuck in a terrible district. While that makes for a great record for HC and probable district titles, it does NOT help get HC ready for a playoff run thru quality programs. There is nothing that can be done about it other than learn from this and get better. Henry Co has a solid football program, and has tremendous support and enthusiasm from the community, but until we make that jump and hoist a gold ball, we cannot be talked about in the same sentences as those that have gold balls. Henry Co has some excellent talent for the next 4 years, after that, time will tell, but if we want to be a "top dawg in Tennessee football" then we have to win games like last friday night, and start hoisting some gold balls.

I hear there is a proposal to go back to the 5 classifications to be voted on November 20th, we as Henry Countians, better hope that doesn't happen, because there are at least 15 teams in 6a right now that could win a 5a state championship.

GO BIG RED

I would agree that a tougher schedule overall may help prepare us for tough teams in the playoffs. What I disagree with however, is that playing a tough team in August and another tough team early in September, would do us any good at all in November. I for one, would love to go back to five classes. This state does not warrant a six classification system. In fact, I think three classes makes more sense than six. As usual, I doubt many will agree with me.

Edited by Red Warrior

I would agree that a tougher schedule overall may help prepare us for tough teams in the playoffs. What I disagree with however, is that playing a tough team in August and another tough team early in September, would do us any good at all. I for one, would love to go back to five classes. This state does not warrant a six classification system. In fact, I think three classes makes more sense than six. As usual, I doubt many will agree with me.

I have no dog in this fight but i agree! Six classes is to many 3 would be just fine! :thumb:

I agree that his ejection had a major impact on the game. I would also say that it had nothing to do with our inability to score when we got inside their ten yard line, since he plays defense only (at least I think he does). I guess my point is that you can always say things about certain events in a game...fumbles, interceptions, injuries, ejections, weather conditions,etc...the list goes on. I think all of that is just part of the game. Sorry that I made you mad.

I didn't get mad just wanted to make my point a little clearer. I do agree that he had nothing to do with the offense not being able to punch it in. His ejection did however cause the D to shift in ways that made it easier for H'ville to move the ball.

GO BIG RED

HC might end up in 4A like before if the classes go back to 5. I don't see the TSSAA going back to 5 classes but anything is possible.

In your infinite wisdom as an All County and All Region player, are YOU trying to tell ME that playing a tough opponent in August and in early September would have helped us beat Hendersonville in November? Do you REALLY want to say that? Do you REALLY believe such nonsense? Congratulations on your awards.

Whatever Red Warrior keep on doing what your doing. That's really working for you guys. AS A PLAYER I CAN TELL YOU PLAYING BETTER COMPETITION EVERY YEAR MAKES YOU BETTER. I don't know what else to say to you? OH YEA Henry County has O Championships!

The only reason I posted on this thread to begin with was to stir up one of the HC poster. He didn't bite but you on the other hand swallow the whole hook. :roflol: Trust me I have nothing against HC and I wish that I wouldn't have posted the first one. However I do believe everything I posted was spot on. WHOLE HEARTEDLY!

Edited by DSM10

Cmon red warrior ,you said you have won more hold balls then showdeness from blackman, bowers from ensworth,Crawford from brentwood and smith I so please for the 4th time ,what team dis you coach.....you reply but akawys forget to answer,so again until you can prove it you are a fake repeat a fake............

Stop trying to get him to speak sarahpalin, he so calls speaks the truth, but will not share the truth of his historic coaching career! Think Mississippi is putting him in the high school coaches hall of fame next year, and don't understand why Henry County did not hire him when Gaddis left town. :wacko:

Well he knows it all with his gold balls and now he is just a back bleachers coach ,with nothing better to do then be an HC cheerleader,bye the way are you his daughter or attorney. None of this would be as he and he alone came out and bragged,boasted about him having more gold balls then some darn good mid Tn coaches, so I figure if you brag then you need to tell......... funny i know some legends of Chicago coaching and they would never ever brag. Red warrior ,go back to Ms.

Red Warrior go to the strength and success rankings on coacht. Look at the top teams in 3A,4A,5A,6A and DII. Then look at the capsule for top teams. The school with the top schedules are still in the playoffs. The top ten teams with poor strength of schedules have dropped like fly's. JUST SAYIN!

Edited by DSM10