Hendersonville Commandos at Henry County Patriots

QBClubPrez

One of the biggest things that playing a tough opponent early is facing adversity and developing team character. One of the biggest things I noticed about the HHS game was Henry County almost didnt know what to do once the Commandos got up on them. It was like they were so used to running over everyone that being down to them was a shock. Playing a good team early and being able to execute a two minute offense/ no huddle down by two scores type offenses for late rallys is a big factor in the playoffs. Winning the tough physical games just comes down to "act like youve been there"

Whatever Red Warrior keep on doing what your doing. That's really working for you guys. AS A PLAYER I CAN TELL YOU PLAYING BETTER COMPETITION EVERY YEAR MAKES YOU BETTER. I don't know what else to say to you? OH YEA Henry County has O Championships!

The only reason I posted on this thread to begin with was to stir up one of the HC poster. He didn't bite but you on the other hand swallow the whole hook. :roflol: Trust me I have nothing against HC and I wish that I wouldn't have posted the first one. However I do believe everything I posted was spot on. WHOLE HEARTEDLY!

I played football for 13 years and coached for 30 years but Somehow however you think you are smarter than me. If you answer the following question, then you will be the first to do so. Are you trying to tell me that playing a "tough" team instead of Liberty in August, and playing a "tough" team instead of Humboldt in early September, would have enabled us to beat Hendersonville in NOVEMBER? Do you REALLY believe that?

One of the biggest things that playing a tough opponent early is facing adversity and developing team character. One of the biggest things I noticed about the HHS game was Henry County almost didnt know what to do once the Commandos got up on them. It was like they were so used to running over everyone that being down to them was a shock. Playing a good team early and being able to execute a two minute offense/ no huddle down by two scores type offenses for late rallys is a big factor in the playoffs. Winning the tough physical games just comes down to "act like youve been there"

Just out of curiosity, what would playing a perennial powerhouse like Alcoa have accomplished that playing Liberty did not??

Cmon red warrior ,you said you have won more hold balls then showdeness from blackman, bowers from ensworth,Crawford from brentwood and smith I so please for the 4th time ,what team dis you coach.....you reply but akawys forget to answer,so again until you can prove it you are a fake repeat a fake............

Assuming that they have all won a single gold ball, I stand by my statement. Look up the state champions in Mississippi over the last 35 years and you can likely figure it out. But once again, that's not the point. You are the guy obsessed with gold balls. You think because a coach wins one, then he is all of a sudden brilliant and what he says in right. I will ask you what I ask everyone, but no one will answer...Are you trying to tell me that if Henry County had played a "tough" team instead of Liberty in August, and a "tough" team instead of Humboldt in early September, that we would have beaten Hendersonville in NOVEMBER? Is that what you REALLY believe to be true? I don't care what Bowers, Crawford, Smith, or Shadowenes thinks...I want to hear YOUR answer to that question!

Stop trying to get him to speak sarahpalin, he so calls speaks the truth, but will not share the truth of his historic coaching career! Think Mississippi is putting him in the high school coaches hall of fame next year, and don't understand why Henry County did not hire him when Gaddis left town. :wacko:

Instead of spending time on this forum, I would advise you to attack the whining problem that exists on your staff. Your program will amount to NOTHING but an early exit playoff team until you get a handle on it. By the way, I am retired so I had no interest in the HC job.

Well he knows it all with his gold balls and now he is just a back bleachers coach ,with nothing better to do then be an HC cheerleader,bye the way are you his daughter or attorney. None of this would be as he and he alone came out and bragged,boasted about him having more gold balls then some darn good mid Tn coaches, so I figure if you brag then you need to tell......... funny i know some legends of Chicago coaching and they would never ever brag. Red warrior ,go back to Ms.

YOU are the gold ball fanatic. I never mention it unless some idiot or fool implies that because a group of coaches has a gold ball or two, then they are all of a sudden "all knowing". The fact that a coach has a gold ball or even several doesn't make him any smarter than the rest of the coaches in the state. So when you mention your list of "gold ball coaches", I am unimpressed. Having a gold ball doesn't mean their opinion on schedule toughness is better than coaches without a gold ball. Some of the best coaches I have EVER known have never won a gold ball and probably never will. In fact, most coaches have never won a gold ball and never will.

Red Warrior go to the strength and success rankings on coacht. Look at the top teams in 3A,4A,5A,6A and DII. Then look at the capsule for top teams. The school with the top schedules are still in the playoffs. The top ten teams with poor strength of schedules have dropped like fly's. JUST SAYIN!

I agree with your point and I think that it does help to play tough opposition. Our problem at Henry County is that the district is so weak. It is also a very large district that takes up most of our schedule. I just think that playing a tougher team than Liberty in August and a tougher team than Humboldt in early September would not have brought about a victory over Hendersonville in NOVEMBER. I disagree with anyone who says otherwise. Melrose and Mitchell played most likely the toughest schedules in the state. Where are they right now? Were they not talented? Did their super tough schedules not prepare them for the playoffs?

We were behind at least twice against good teams this year and came back and won once, and cam back and almost won the other. I don't think our character was in question either time.

Instead of spending time on this forum, I would advise you to attack the whining problem that exists on your staff. Your program will amount to NOTHING but an early exit playoff team until you get a handle on it. By the way, I am retired so I had no interest in the HC job.

Red Warrior, which school was it that you coached for so I can look you up, or snowplow2010 can help us research your past coaching career! I dont doubt you at all, but would like to see what your old school was like!

Edited by theydontcare

Red warrior liar , you asked how does tough opponets help you, I replied that 4 coaches,highly regarded ones ,shadowness,bowers,Crawford and smith all are on record saying tough non league games prep them for region and playoff time.. you asked and I gave you an answer, you replied as if you were the rockne or bear bryant of high school ball by saying I don't care about them I won twice as many gold balls as all of them combined. So my dear coach it is you that bought it up by saying what you did and implying you are better then all of them,

If you did tell us the school I will be the first to buy you a coke if you did what you say u did,but at the end sounds like u have no life to be such a legend and cheer a team in like a cheerleader. Done with this """"""sort of like hc every year.

Yawning.....another year, another excuse as to why Henry Co doesn't "win it all".....bottom line is that the best team probably won last Friday night. You 2 are never going to agree on the "schedule toughness" argument...does it really even matter? I, myself, would love to know who our retiree in Henry Co is that won so many gold balls in Mississippi. I do know that our principal won several gold balls in Missouri basketball, so I would enjoy knowing who else in the community has done so also....if it is possible?

Quit arguing,neither will win...time to play basketball