Franklin vs. Blackman

ftballkicker

Just to let the Blackman faithful know, fbforme is an overzealous (and delusional) Rebel fan. Every week he gets on here and blows smoke at our opponents and makes rediculous predictions that everyone has since learned to ignore. On Franklin's behalf, I apologize for anything that he posts on here.

FBFORME, no one, I repeat, no one looks forward to your predictions and we know that isn't cherry in your Dr. Pepper. No surprises there.

Now, as far as facilities and fan base, Blackman blows Franklin out of the water by far. Murfreesboro as a whole outmatches Wilco as far as athletic support. Kind of crazy with the amount of income around here, but who knows.

As for the Oakland game, I'm pretty sure they were only down Tee Mayberry. Buddy Anderson played (and very well) and the Franklin defense shut him down as well as knocking their 2nd tailback out with a concussion. So if that counts for missing the game, guess you're right.

Everyone knows how good of a football player I'Tavious Mathers is. To say that Blackman puts all of their eggs in his basket is extremely foolish. They have 3 very good receivers that can pull down the ball at any time..... when the QB can get it to them. Just to say to the Blackman faithful, keep underestimating the Rebel Defense, that has held their opponents to an average of 10 points per game (weak schedule, I know, but I guarantee you that Hopkinsville, Fern Creek, Ooltewah, and Hillsboro had 3 if not 4 Mathers type athletes on their teams) so show a little bit of respect, or if not, just earn it tomorrow as you watch the game unfold.

On the other side of the ball, PBD, your son is one heck of a football player. He and #11 (Thompson I believe) are two of the best linebackers I have seen in HS football for however long I've been around it. However, Brentwood and Oakland had one of the best overall defenses Franklin has seen, and I think in those two games the Franklin OL gave up 2 sacks (mainly against Oakland) So, it's no secret that Franklin will probably pass, and it's no secret that Blackman is going to bring the heat. Again, just keep underestimating Franklin in that aspect, please. Sean Dye actually missing the first 7 game of the season and has about 200 rushing yards off about 20 carries since he's been back. Very versital back that also missed 2nd half of the season last year.

With all of that being said, and up until 10:45 last week I would have never thought this, but I am sticking with the Rebels in this one, but not by any margin predicted on here but rather sticking with the Patton margin on the Tennessean, just in reverse

Franklin 28 - Blackman 24

BTW, love the smack talk. Best fans around in the boro

Whoooaaaaaaaaa there. Haven't seen him in person that many times (Smyrna game and Oakland), but I have seen some of these teams he has ran through.

So those 4 teams EACH have 3 or 4 of the top players in the state AND a presumptive Mr Football winner. highly doubt it. Smyrna is the most athletic team in the district (my opinion), and to say even they have 3 or 4 in his category is stretching it, but I bet is a lot closer than the 4 teams you mentioned. That statement is almost laughable, honestly.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Oakland played without only one of their running backs. Didn't hear about tany other guys, unless you mean the corner who tried to hit stick the Rebel tight end and got a concusiion, that's football, and that was in the 3rd qtr of the game AGAINST the Rebels. Also, Franklin has played the entire year without 2 of its top 3 RBs and is missing their best receiver. Also, their best offensive lineman got knocked out in the second quarter. The fact is it's football and injuries happen, and good teams have the depth to recover. The better team won, with or without injuries. Let's hope for an injury-free game this Friday night, so there will be no excuses from either side!

Yes injuries happen in football and teams that have good depth can adjust. However, any reasonable person saying that an Oakland team without Mayberry is the same as a team with him is slightly delusional. Oakland, for the past 3 years, has been all about pounding the ball. Mayberry was a special back in that regard and no backup could re-create that size, speed, physicality and experience. I think people on here just want to hear a Franklin fan recognize the good fortune their team had in not having to face Mayberry pounding right at them all night. If you took Bryson or Meadows away from Smyrna or Mathers away from Blackman, you would face a drastically different team and a less talented team. No matter how good a team's depth is you cannot just plug in another guy to replace those type of athletes.

Just to let the Blackman faithful know, fbforme is an overzealous (and delusional) Rebel fan. Every week he gets on here and blows smoke at our opponents and makes rediculous predictions that everyone has since learned to ignore. On Franklin's behalf, I apologize for anything that he posts on here.

FBFORME, no one, I repeat, no one looks forward to your predictions and we know that isn't cherry in your Dr. Pepper. No surprises there.

Everyone knows how good of a football player I'Tavious Mathers is. To say that Blackman puts all of their eggs in his basket is extremely foolish. They have 3 very good receivers that can pull down the ball at any time..... when the QB can get it to them. Just to say to the Blackman faithful, keep underestimating the Rebel Defense, that has held their opponents to an average of 10 points per game (weak schedule, I know, but I guarantee you that Hopkinsville, Fern Creek, Ooltewah, and Hillsboro had 3 if not 4 Mathers type athletes on their teams) so show a little bit of respect, or if not, just earn it tomorrow as you watch the game unfold.

And you callme delusional :roflol: I have never seen this back live but to compare anyone to that Hopkinsville team or Hillsboro is a joke. I love my REBELS and why you get on here and apologize for me I will never know. Heck, the Blackman people are on here having fun and talking about being at our practices. Why don't you get on them? I still say Rebels win again. Too much pass offense for a team that has a weakness in the DB's. (Just reading into what I read on here)

And by the way, come have a drink of my Dr. Pepper before the game tomorrow. You are right it won't have cherry in it, but it will keep you warm. :unsure:

I was about to sign off, but i just get pissed the more I read from you. on second thought do not come over to me before the game because you are not a real rebel fan.

Chew on this and "come get U SOME" Rebels 24 Blaze 14

You can't just try and run it against the Rebel D.

And you callme delusional :roflol: I have never seen this back live but to compare anyone to that Hopkinsville team or Hillsboro is a joke. I love my REBELS and why you get on here and apologize for me I will never know. Heck, the Blackman people are on here having fun and talking about being at our practices. Why don't you get on them? I still say Rebels win again. Too much pass offense for a team that has a weakness in the DB's. (Just reading into what I read on here)

And by the way, come have a drink of my Dr. Pepper before the game tomorrow. You are right it won't have cherry in it, but it will keep you warm. :unsure:

I was about to sign off, but i just get pissed the more I read from you. on second thought do not come over to me before the game because you are not a real rebel fan.

you will get to see him LIVE tomorrow night... :shock:

it will sort of be a love / hate kind of thing...

as a human being...you'll LOVE the way he moves...watching grace in motion is hard to not enjoy...

as a rebel fan...you'll HATE it because he's leaving your boys in the dust...TD after TD ain't enjoyable...

the guys is about to be voted Mr. Football in TN at the highest level...and these teams had 3 or 4 guys just like him...it is obvious you have NOT SEEN him...boy are you in for a SURPRISE!

CHOO...CHOO...CHOO...CHOO...The I Train will be LIVE at the inferno tomorrow night vs. the Rebs! :flower:

Blackman 52 Franklin 10

the extra scores from my original prediction is because the offensive line read your post and told me to add 2 more scores from the I-Train just to turn you into a believer!

Whoooaaaaaaaaa there. Haven't seen him in person that many times (Smyrna game and Oakland), but I have seen some of these teams he has ran through.

So those 4 teams EACH have 3 or 4 of the top players in the state AND a presumptive Mr Football winner. highly doubt it. Smyrna is the most athletic team in the district (my opinion), and to say even they have 3 or 4 in his category is stretching it, but I bet is a lot closer than the 4 teams you mentioned. That statement is almost laughable, honestly.

I agree! :thumb:

you will get to see him LIVE tomorrow night... :shock:

it will sort of be a love / hate kind of thing...

as a human being...you'll LOVE the way he moves...watching grace in motion is hard to not enjoy...

as a rebel fan...you'll HATE it because he's leaving your boys in the dust...TD after TD ain't enjoyable...

the guys is about to be voted Mr. Football in TN at the highest level...and these teams had 3 or 4 guys just like him...it is obvious you have NOT SEEN him...boy are you in for a SURPRISE!

CHOO...CHOO...CHOO...CHOO...The I Train will be LIVE at the inferno tomorrow night vs. the Rebs! :flower:

Blackman 52 Franklin 10

the extra scores from my original prediction is because the offensive line read your post and told me to add 2 more scores from the I-Train just to turn you into a believer!

Did I not tell you to stop typing after the 6th cold one? :flower:

Edited by my2cents

I hope you are calling that a joke because those teams are so bad, not defending him by saying their athletes are comparable to Mathers. That would be the ultimate joke. Hillsboro has always been athletic, but they don't have anybody in the same stratosphere....can't speak to the KY schools.

Drum Roll........................................!

Blackman 39 Franklin 18

Blackman's O-line will bust holes and #4 will get 200+ yards.

Blackman's D-line will get 2+ sacks and many more hurries. (I know that Franklin's QB throws Hot routes)

Blackman to get min. of 2 turn overs.

Look for Blackman D-backs to play above expectations.

Franklin to start from 20 after each of Blackman's kick-offs.

Franklin's punter to have the trainer use some extra tape on. Foot and leg to be sore from use.

Franklin's coach to say "We just did not do a good job tacking tonight".

Franklin will kick short, Blackman to start from 35 or better. (No deep kicks to #4)

Not much singing on HW96 Friday Night.

From the film I took, no contest.

Will have tripod at Smyrna next week!!

I've never seen this back live either, but I can assure you that anyone who runs for 322 yards and 4 touchdowns in one game is a very serious threat. That is almost equivalent to Tyler Bray's passing stats against Memphis this past weekend. They may have a weakness in the DB's, but they make up for it with great linebackers and a stout d-line that will pressure you all night. You say he's not a real rebel fan because he doesn't agree with your rash and over zealous posts? I guess that means I'm not a real rebel fan either after supporting the team for the past 8 years. We understand that you love the rebels, we got that after about your first 5 posts on these boards. We do too, but we don't find the rash posts necessary to support our team. We don't mind the other guys because they are just joking around, maybe even trolling a little bit. Oh, and ask Chudi Echetebu and the rest of the Brentwood team whether you can just try and run it on the Rebel D. Chudi ran for 145 on us and they ran for 308 total. There are flaws in our team, and that's ok. You must acknowledge those flaws and be able to post accordingly. We have a great team, but they certainly have big things they need to work on.You have done stuff like this the whole year, but it seems that you think that the rebels are invincible now since they beat Oakland and the posts have gotten worse since then. Sometimes it's just good to keep your mouth shut. It is great to support the rebels to a certain extent, but you go way over the top. Please post more responsibly. Spare the rest of us rebel fans.

I think the rebels have a legitimate chance to win, but it will be tough. I'm gonna say 35-21 Blackman, but hope it's the other way around. GO REBELS!! :?:D

I lived in KY for a stint....nobody can measure up to Rutherford County Football in KY...

All Aboard!!!!

In my short run of filming the I-Train is the best...

Bottom Line in order by my take

DE...Chris Perkins...I cut him ...he is in the hall of fame at storkmontgomery.com

QB....the master Sonny Gray...will be the #1 draft pic in baseball

WR...Rod Wilks...an artist of the route

DB..Marsalous Johnson...great eyes...and closing speed

WILDCAT....Charles Orona...all these kids are in the hall of fame at my website...awesome moves

Edited by StorkMontgomery

I lived in KY for a stint....nobody can measure up to Rutherford County Football in KY...

All Aboard!!!!

In my short run of filming the I-Train is the best...

Orona...all these kids are in the hall of fame at my website...awesome moves

last 10 years

5 titles - 9 apperances for RUTH CO

2 titles - 6 appearnaces for WILCO

DONKEY - even if you did ( and I doubt you did ) you wouldnt know enought to break down what you saw , and if you did go and tape the practice all i have to say is I applaud you for not having a life....

look at my last post, i took the BLAZE but i am telling you if the Franklin QB can keep his INT's to zero the REBS could just be moving on

Another good weather night for Friday Night Football...Weather has been excellant all season long, best Hogan has seen in a long while.

Will Mathers run wild, will the Rebel passing game run the Blackman DB's wild , will the Kicking Game be an advantage for any team , will Mr. Donkey meet Hogan at Smyrna next week both with tripods in tow...all will be determined tonight at Blackman. Like Hogan has said many times..team with the most rushing yards and less mistakes will win.

Good Luck "Hand Me Down Crew"..you'll have to tackle tonight

fbforme...stay away from those cherry's...you got to drive back down HY96 to get home tonight...but good luck :roflol:

Hogan Out :roflol::thumb: