Baylor vs McCallie 2

landro

Baylor has better talent this year, but in the first game McCallie played very undisciplined football. The game was not the blowout it appears, but then I'm not certain McCallie ever really had a chance to win either.

The key, in my opinion, is who McCallie starts at QB. If they start Gardenhir who offers another run option, I believe the game could be close. But McCallie has to avoid the penalties they committed the first time around or it will be more of the same.

• Upvote 1

#16 certainly had some impressive stats. He definitely brings a true option to the table. The Blue was able to rack up 404 yards in offense but more importantly protected the ball and limited penalties. We absolutely need a repeat.

I listened to the game on my handy dandy netbook and only suffered a major case of heartburn and a small amount of caffeine overload. I couldn't get to sleep until 1am and my golden now knows a few new words! It was awesome!

I feel we need to protect the ball and can best handle Huesman by running a very good option and let him occupy his sideline! Ball control and flawless execution are key.

Any hope of going to Finley?

Go Blue!!!

• Upvote 1

#16 certainly had some impressive stats. He definitely brings a true option to the table. The Blue was able to rack up 404 yards in offense but more importantly protected the ball and limited penalties. We absolutely need a repeat.

I listened to the game on my handy dandy netbook and only suffered a major case of heartburn and a small amount of caffeine overload. I couldn't get to sleep until 1am and my golden now knows a few new words! It was awesome!

I feel we need to protect the ball and can best handle Huesman by running a very good option and let him occupy his sideline! Ball control and flawless execution are key.

Any hope of going to Finley?

Go Blue!!!

Haha sorry blue mom, no hope on Finley. This game makes me more nervous than anything. In the first game I felt like Baylor didnt really open up their offense in the first b/m matchup- mostly because they didnt need to. But this is a whole new game, McCallie has nothing to lose. You can bet anything they wont be playing conservative and from baylor's standpoint its a scary thing. Lose this game and you dont live it down. Playoffs on the line and a rivalry game...everyone that shows up to that game will know who the better team is already. Just a matter of baylor's mental game that will decide this one.

Haha sorry blue mom, no hope on Finley. This game makes me more nervous than anything. In the first game I felt like Baylor didnt really open up their offense in the first b/m matchup- mostly because they didnt need to. But this is a whole new game, McCallie has nothing to lose. You can bet anything they wont be playing conservative and from baylor's standpoint its a scary thing. Lose this game and you dont live it down. Playoffs on the line and a rivalry game...everyone that shows up to that game will know who the better team is already. Just a matter of baylor's mental game that will decide this one.

Should be a great game. I think if Baylor plays their game...Baylor wins. You are right that all the pressure will be on Baylor because they are expected to win. I hope to get tickets to the game. I say Baylor 28 McCallie 17.

I understand that Finley Stadium is out and I am resigned to walk the train tracks from Walmart (Blue Better Half says I need the exercise). But could someone review my math?

Baylor approx 6500 at $8 is $52,000

Finley approx 12500 at $8 is 100,000

TSSAA cut is 50% or 26,000/50,000

Baylor cut is 25% or 13,000/25,000

McCallie cut is 25% or 13,000/25,000

Baylor is responsible for site expenses: security, toilet paper, lights etc. They do get concession revenue. They don't charge for parking or hiking.

McCallie responsible for travel. Negligible to either locale.

Is it worth approx $10,000 for headache of having at home? I'm thinking I like just taking my visitor $ for no work!

Playing at home against your rival--PRICELESS.

I believe if you ask your boys if they would rather play Baylor at home or at Finley they would overwhelming pick playing at home. So should the work involved with playing at home be the sole determining factor on what memories your guys carry for the rest of their lives.

You are right BigOwl it can be priceless to win at home or away against your rival. I know my son relishes the Blue victory in double OT there a few years ago. I did ask some of our boys about their preference last year and their response was anytime, anyplace, anywhere. Some did have concerns about family and friends being able to get tickets.

The amount of work is only one concern in my mind. I was simply bored and running the #'s as I was attempting to find out our ticket sales are to be handled. Most football programs would be hard pressed to walk away from the extra money.

Still looking for tickets. According to Baylor site, no gate sales so will try to get by their store today!

You are right BigOwl it can be priceless to win at home or away against your rival. I know my son relishes the Blue victory in double OT there a few years ago. I did ask some of our boys about their preference last year and their response was anytime, anyplace, anywhere. Some did have concerns about family and friends being able to get tickets.

The amount of work is only one concern in my mind. I was simply bored and running the #'s as I was attempting to find out our ticket sales are to be handled. Most football programs would be hard pressed to walk away from the extra money.

Still looking for tickets. According to Baylor site, no gate sales so will try to get by their store today!

I think if you ask any of the kids in blue would rather play at baylor. Talk about quiet and a lot less intense- finley stadium. And its not like Baylor's got that small of a stadium. Your kids will get tickets for their families. In fact, I expect a smaller crowd than b/m last year. Anyways,- any chance lusk will start?