Finally!

VolunteerCoach

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=397&f=1298&t=6692693

Somebody call. I've got a fairly reliable source saying South Panola has their first 4 weeks open at this point. Supposedly none of the 4 out of district games are renewing, unfortunately...at least not at this point. I say unfortunate b/c MUS was a great two game set.

http://www.southpanola.k12.ms.us/sphs/default.htm

This year they're pretty unreal but they lose a good bit...not a bad year to get SP next year.

Edited by Trojan Fan

regardless of whether or not MUS was contacted for this Week 0 bowl game or whatever; MUS plays in the Bridges Bowl Kickoff Classic every year which is a staple in the high school football culture of Memphis. They couldn't care less how awesome or challenging a game with Alcoa would be because they are already playing an important bowl game, on top of that they schedule South Panola and Olive Branch and other great teams to prove their metal during their season....there is no need to schedule the all mighty Alcoa or Maryville. I promise MUS doesn't need 3500$ from anyone, they make well over that amount for all of their games.

regardless of whether or not MUS was contacted for this Week 0 bowl game or whatever; MUS plays in the Bridges Bowl Kickoff Classic every year which is a staple in the high school football culture of Memphis. They couldn't care less how awesome or challenging a game with Alcoa would be because they are already playing an important bowl game, on top of that they schedule South Panola and Olive Branch and other great teams to prove their metal during their season....there is no need to schedule the all mighty Alcoa or Maryville. I promise MUS doesn't need 3500$ from anyone, they make well over that amount for all of their games.

The Bridges Bowl is dead, CB...pick up a newspaper every now and then.

Bridges Classic RIP

The Bridges Bowl is dead, CB...pick up a newspaper every now and then.

Bridges Classic RIP

The Bridges is alive and well. They moved the games from the Liberty Bowl to MUS and CBHS (alternate years I believe). MUS/CBHS rotate playing Melrose/Millington and as stated before, it is a important part of Memphis HS football and the ushering in of the new season.

http://www.bridgesusa.org/koctix

Edited by CheckerboardEndzones

• 2 weeks later...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=397&f=1298&t=6692693

Somebody call. I've got a fairly reliable source saying South Panola has their first 4 weeks open at this point. Supposedly none of the 4 out of district games are renewing, unfortunately...at least not at this point. I say unfortunate b/c MUS was a great two game set.

http://www.southpanola.k12.ms.us/sphs/default.htm

This year they're pretty unreal but they lose a good bit...not a bad year to get SP next year.

Heard MUS has renewed a 2 yr home and home with S. Panola. Must still be afraid of those scary breezes, going to play it safe with the #1 team in the nation.

Am I to understand that Ensworth turned down a home and home?...or are you giving someone grief for not agreeing to come play only on your turf with no return trip?

He is saying neither, because he is making this up. Ensworth has demonstrated that it is afraid of neither competition nor travel. In its third and fourth years of varsity football (2008/09 and 2009/10), Ensworth's two non-district games were Smyrna (against whom Ensworth is 2-0) and Oakland (1-1). They had a home-and home series with Tuscola (the North Carolina school at which Jonathan Crompton played) scheduled the past two years as well, but Tuscola cancelled shortly before the first game for financial (travel cost) reasons. Alcoa and Ensworth would be an excellent matchup; though Ensworth has about 100 less students than does Alcoa, I believe that they would be able to give them a game.

Edited by RedRobin

I hope Maryville plays someone like MBA,Ensworth or Brentwood Academy. Those would be great games. I have no problem traveling to the Nashville area to watch Maryville go on the road to play those teams. What I don't want to do is drive to Duncan,SC,Charlotte,NC or Batesville,MS to watch Maryville play. I don't care if Maryville is natinally ranked. I just want Maryville to win state in their classification and be one of the better teams in Tennessee.

I wish we could just go anywhere we want to play like the privates , but a public school cannot just spend all of it's money on travelling to out of state football games . I'll be happy with just playing you guys , you all can go represent out of State for all of us .

I just wish our small "private" school had as much money as you think we do.

Well...........the 3rd DII team bites the dust. MBA's tucked tail and backed out.

scared_dog.gif

Next, who's next........Any DII team want to get rolled up! :thumb:

Im sorry but until you play the DII division and play BA, MBA, Ensworth every year, you really have no room to talk. Alcoa would win one 'ship in ten years if they were lucky. It's a totally different world over here. 8-) And I know you'll say "oh but we tried to play you blah blah blah", and while that may or may not be true, let it be. While Alcoa is good, they are not elite.

Im sorry but until you play the DII division and play BA, MBA, Ensworth every year, you really have no room to talk. Alcoa would win one 'ship in ten years if they were lucky. It's a totally different world over here. 8-) And I know you'll say "oh but we tried to play you blah blah blah", and while that may or may not be true, let it be. While Alcoa is good, they are not elite.

Maybe not, but their fans sure are good at inventing false stories about their unsuccessful efforts to schedule tough competition for next year. As a matter of fact, I think I heard that Alcoa asked the Titans to play them in an exhibition but that Coach Fisher, after initially agreeing, ultimately backed down with a look of fear on his face.

Are you guys really that big of idiots... <_< Alcoa is loaded this year and has one of the elite players in the SEC.. I'm like APB you guys seem to be a little scared. We give you a chance to shut us up and you say no way.... Just remember who the two most dominant teams have been the last ten years in the state of Tennessee. Its not anybody in DII it's the two Blount County Schools. How could you or anybody else dispute that??? By the way ALCOA is the elite team in the state this year and know one could convince me other wise. Unless of course Goodpasture beats us next week. :roflol: We will never know how good Alcoa would do in DII BUT we do know that nobody in DII wants to play the BLOUNT COUNTY TEAMS THE NEXT TWO YEARS. :popcorneater: