Brentwood Academy vs MUS

feverpitch

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen MUS play, so I am going by what I have heard about them. I have been watching BA and they are much improved since their two losses in a row. Less penalties, passing game is a little better, and backs are running well. The only place on defense that is questionable is pass defense. I think BA's confidence is peaking at the right time. I predict a win over MUS but not a blowout. BA by 7. I want to see them get another shot at Ensworth, I say it will be a much different story if they play again.

KEYs TO WIN: BA will need to shut down MUS's passing game and MUS's will need to shut down BA's running game. BA very good in red zone scoring 91% of the time. MUS's kicking game could prove to be the game changer. MUS's #46 and #33 have 200 tackles between them. So if I'm BA's offensive coordinator, I'm double teaming #46 and #33 all night long and let BA's #28 and #4 run at will. The same goes for MUS's OC, he will need to stop BA's two defensive ends on the pass rush. BA's #60 has lived in the offensive backfield most of the season.

Both offensives have over 3000 yds total this season. BA's defense has allowed 2300 yds and MUS's defense has allowed 3000 yds.

I see this game going to the wire and a toss up to call.

42-24 Brentwood Academy Final

[/quote

Great game by both teams. I kind of had a feeling BA was going to win this one big. BA looks like they might win it all this year. Good luck to BA in the rest of the playoffs.

As for MUS, I think they have a promising future ahead of them with a vast majority of the starters returning next year. Im also interested in seeing what MUS is going to do with their schedule now. Im curious if MUS is going to renew the games with SP, OB, and White station.

[/quote

Great game by both teams. I kind of had a feeling BA was going to win this one big. BA looks like they might win it all this year. Good luck to BA in the rest of the playoffs.

As for MUS, I think they have a promising future ahead of them with a vast majority of the starters returning next year. Im also interested in seeing what MUS is going to do with their schedule now. Im curious if MUS is going to renew the games with SP, OB, and White station.

I am sure that they will try to keep those games or schedule games of that caliber. They are not known to duck tough opponents and I think that they believe it helps them get ready for the post season. They should be pretty stout next year with that talented Junior class. I think SP had 20 something seniors, so that should return to a more competitive game next year and the OB game has typically been a close one year in and year out.

I know they got hampered by a lot of defensive injuries this year, but that may actually pay off next year as a lot of younger kids got valuable experience this year because of the depth issues.

Nice job Eagles! You just beat the defending state champs and the state champ 4 out of the last 6 years.

On to the University of Ensworth this Friday for a rematch.

The key will be to keep #15 below 100 yds rushing. (only 66 yds in 1st game).

Force EHS into the passing game.

Very impressed with Brentwood last night. Nothing really special about them, they were just a well coached team with a lot of team speed. That was one of the worst defense performances from an MUS team I think I have seen in a long time. Just really poorly coached for this game. Two weeks to prepare and you get 42 put on you in the first. There is just no excuse for that. Congrats to Brentwood and good luck to you the rest of the way. Memphis teams really laid an egg this year.