All-State

ballbasher30

RE Quick Poll - You can likely blame this on the coaches who choose not to participate. If they are not engaged, keeping up with their efforts off the field, participating in polls, etc, that really sounds like a local issue you need to take up with your coach or athletic director.

RE Players on the list - I think the folks above may have addressed that point all ready.

RE All Americans - Your data is wayyyyyy off. When you look at our honorees, we typically place no less than two, sometimes as many as four as All-American/Scholar All-American.

RE - Who received the second one? not really sure what your saying here.

RE - Ten better players? Name them (JK)

Yes, it is a heated discussion. Everyone wants their player in the group. Something we all need to keep in the back of our minds is, this is high school not club. How did the players perform, individually on the field during high school ball. All too often upper classman seem to feel a right of entitlement and a little less effort as they have made their commitment last February. Underclassman are still striving for a position, they must fight to stay in the game and they are still trying to make an impression on college coaches. Bottom line, sometimes the seniors get skunked. Lesson learned.

Well stated. As far as all americans go, yes we do well in the acdemic all america, however i was speaking of the vote by coaches. That is typical were we receive 1, and this time two. The second one went to the Bearden girl, who clearly is not the number 2 player in the state.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are those 10 players "ranked higher than the list" playing in college??? It might help get your toes of you mouth or be cause for full insertion.

It's time for someone to start a new tread with this year's college commitments. Might as well let this be the catalyst.

Great point, but to mention ten better I would have to go into names, and certainly don't want to go into specific reasons for why that player should or should not. I was of course speaking of players in high school and not in college. Across the state, great caliber, and unfortunately, not in the east this time.

The National Soccer Coaches Association of America serves as the recognized leader in naming All-America soccer players. The NSCAA selects All-America teams at every level of play. Through its annual sponsorship of the All-America teams, NSCAA provides coaches the opportunity to help their players receive richly deserved recognition while helping promote the growth of the sport.

The NSCAA is indebted to Vice President Ralph Polson, Awards Coordinator Jeff Farnsworth and the many members of their committees for their efforts in the selection process for the NSCAA All-America and Scholar All-America teams.

All-America

High School Boys and Girls

Each of the eight NSCAA regions are allocated a specific number of All-America players based on the high school NSCAA membership in each region. To become an All-America, a player must first be selected to his or her respective All-Region team. To be eligible for All-Region consideration, players first must be selected All-State in their respective state through a recognized coaches' selection program. Each state is awarded a specific number of slots on the All-America team based on the number of high school coaches there are in the state and how many of them are current NSCAA members.

The All-America Teams are comprised of the top players from each region. A unique characteristic of this level is that schools play in three seasons, so some players honored in the annual December announcements already have graduated from high school.

Scholar All-America

High School Boys and Girls

To become a Scholar All-America at the interscholastic level, a player must first be nominated by his or her head coach. The coach must be an NSCAA member at the high school level. To be nominated, a player must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.75 or better (on a 4.0 scale), must have demonstrated excellence in soccer at the high school level and must have performed service in his or her community.

The Scholar All-America Committee examines the resumes of the eligible candidates and then selects the team.

• 2 weeks later...

Tennessee Sports Writers Association http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/feb/08/eleven-named-all-state-soccer/

All-State Team

Soccer

Class A/AA

Coach: Jim Schermerhorn, Notre Dame. Goalkeepers: Grace Courter, junior, Notre Dame; Sarah McFarlin, senior, David Lipscomb. Defenders: Amy Maksimowicz, senior, CPA; Michelle Spangler, senior, Notre Dame; Bree Wilhoit, senior, Greeneville; Laura Foster, sophomore, CAK; Julia Crenshaw, senior, CPA; Alex Taylor, senior, David Lipscomb. Midfielders: Kat Nigro, senior, Livingston Academy; Paige Hoffman, junior, CAK; Kate Maguigan, senior, Page; Tiffany Sullivan, senior, CCS; Emma Caylor, senior, Dyersburg; Taylor Leng, senior, Greeneville. Forwards: Ashley Johnson, senior, McMinn Central; Kathryn Healy, senior, Notre Dame; Kelsey Wilkes, sophomore, Page; Caroline Lodge, senior, Greeneville; Alyssa Curtis, senior, CPA; Victoria Anderson, senior, CPA.

Class AAA

Coach: David Wolff, Houston. Goalkeepers: Rose Hull, junior, Ravenwood; Alison Simpson, senior, Cleveland. Defenders: Gracie Irby, junior, Germantown; Katelyn McChesney, senior, Cleveland; Samantha Prewitt, senior, Siegel; Sarah Allen, senior, Ravenwood; Lyndie Donegan, sophomore, Franklin; Ashley Reveiz, senior, Farragut. Midfielders: Taylor Van Wagner, senior, McMinn County; Jessica Hiskey, junior, Franklin; Lauren Albright, junior, Houston; Karli Crosby, senior, Brentwood; Kelsey Roberson, senior, Cookeville; Hailey Nichols, junior, Oak Ridge. Forwards: Hannah Wyatt, junior, Soddy-Daisy; Summer Lanter, sophomore, Soddy-Daisy; Olivia Harrison, sophomore, Houston; Samantha Turner, senior, Bearden; Tori Hawkins, junior, Siegel; Reece McKenzie, junior, Knox Catholic.

Division II

Coach: Jimmy Weekley, Baylor. Goalkeepers: Megan Grindstaff, senior, BGA; Simone Busby, junior, GPS. Defenders: Teni Butler, junior, Baylor; Alex Cannon, senior, Baylor; Melissa Capocaccia, sophomore, St. Agnew; Leah Loven, senior, Pope John Paul II; Maddie Cobb, junior, Evangelical Christian; Shelby Jordan, junior, University School of Jackson. Midfielders: Peyton Thomas, junior, Baylor; Katie Danehy, senior, St. Mary’s; Marci Carter, sophomore, Baylor; Carly Bowen, junior, Franklin Road Academy; Mary Ruth Locastro, sophomore, St. Agnes; Nicole McKinney, senior, GPS. Forwards: Honeye Heydari, junior, University School of Jackson; Cailin Harris, junior, Pope John Paul II; Cara Ledman, junior, BGA; Bethany Bunker, junior, St. Agnes; Camilla Buoni, senior, St. Agnes; Chloe Brackett, junior, Baylor