46 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• EHS
    • GP

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AE beat GP 14-7 and Elizabethton played AE very close. The coaching and discipline was a big factor in Elizabethton win. Elizabethton will not have that advantage against GP. Their coach has been there for about 100 years. AE was able to run on one side of the Elizabethton Defense all night, and Elizabethton needs to fix that problem and run more outside, AE had big players in the middle and stuffed us all night. I have faith Coach Witten will take care of that. Elizabethton will get to see Alcoa in a few weeks.

Elizabethton 21

GP 14

Edited by CyclonePrider

Elizabethton wins this game.........Mistakes cost HV the game tonight..........But I have confidence in you guys..........watch your mistakes, because GP will be waiting on them...........SO CYCLONES WIN BIG FOR THE LOCAL TEAMS...............WE ARE PULLING FOR YOU FROM WARRIOR HILL...............

Even with all the turnovers, we still about made it. Good luck to the etown boys. I think the passing game will be big. GP had several interceptions tonight, but alot of open receivers were missed. And it appeared that the middle was wide freakin open.

It's hard to beat GP up there though. I give betsy the edge because of their defense.

Does GP have the speed to match EHS Backs? If not it will be a long night. I'm hoping for a great game though!!! Good luck to both teams. I'll predict in depth later.

They did have some speed, they usually do, but I think with Eliz speed, skill and determination GP wont know what hit them............................. :thumb:

Does GP have the speed to match EHS Backs? If not it will be a long night. I'm hoping for a great game though!!! Good luck to both teams. I'll predict in depth later.

They have some speed. Their runners run smart and run hard. They utilize their blockers well. The QB moved very well. He moved around the pocket and extended plays. Most of their passing yards came off screens. One of their backs(#2) went down with a knee or ankle injury near the end of the game.

It was good to see Elizabethton's passing game come around tonight, we dropped a couple of balls and did not get a lot of yards after catch but there were some good timing paterns and Berry was on the money except when he was scrambling and tried to force it in and was picked off a couple of times. He needs to tuck and run those or throw it away. They have to get the outside running game going. Thank God the night was injury free. :popcorneater:

Edited by CyclonePrider

Mistakes, killed HV. Just when you thought they were about to make a run, they shot theirselves in the foot, with interceptions (watch #10 for GP he seems to have a nose for the ball and he's an excellent runner and reciever on offense) and botched snaps. HV had around half the total yardage and still almost won. IMO EHS takes this one. It may not be a runaway, but I think the Cyclones have more talent all around, especially if they can limit mistakes.