Milan (11-1) @ Camden (12-0) Let's get it started!

matt_8777

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

Milan has several kids that watched all the playoff games including the lost at state from the bleachers last year that are playing big roles this year. Milan also have lost 3 offensive lineman due to injury which was already very thin.Camden has the best team they have had in years it makes up for a great game.

Both teams will play there heart and leave it on the field..

Question for all Camden Fans why every year i hear about Ward going some where else or interviewing...He has built a great program and something your town can be proud of for years and this just don't happen its hard work from coaches,players,parents and support of the town so WHY do i hear this every year.

Milan 21

Camden 28

Question for all Camden Fans why every year i hear about Ward going some where else or interviewing...He has built a great program and something your town can be proud of for years and this just don't happen its hard work from coaches,players,parents and support of the town so WHY do i hear this every year.

Milan 21

Camden 28

I think it is a money issue. Not saying Coach Ward is only about money, but lets all be honest-you win you get paid. Its as simple as that. Schools who care about winning compete to get premier coaches. If Ward gets a lucrative offer, he can allow Camden the opportunity to match it. But this is purely speculation on my part, I don't have any ties to Coach Ward, nor any information that can be taken as fact.

Camden has only recently starting building its talent pool through a better weight training and conditioning programs, junior pro level football, and a winning attitude. This is something schools like Milan, Westview, Huntingdon, etc.. have had for years. So it would be in Camden's best interest to keep this going, and keeping a coach the caliber of Ward is essential to this. When the money is right and the pool is as thick as that of other programs, I think he would be more than willing to stay here. But, once again, that's all speculation on my part.

Edited by rcombs

Nobody needs to argue with Milan fAns. I am originally from there and they are the most obnoxious group of fans I have ever seen. They could have a 2-10 record but somehow they are still the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Okay, so if you are originally from Milan you should know why Milan has the pride they have in their football team. Milan fans are not obnoxious, they are just very confident in the Milan football program. I'm sure fans of any team that's always as good as Milan is has fans that show this confidence. And as far as 2-10, I'm not sure we've ever had a record that bad nor will we ever have one...just my opinion :thumb:

Okay, so if you are originally from Milan you should know why Milan has the pride they have in their football team. Milan fans are not obnoxious, they are just very confident in the Milan football program. I'm sure fans of any team that's always as good as Milan is has fans that show this confidence. And as far as 2-10, I'm not sure we've ever had a record that bad nor will we ever have one...just my opinion :thumb:

Milan you have the right to be proud of you team past and present. As a rule all things go in cycles and good things do come to an end. Huntingdon has fielded a few powerhouse teams in the past as well as Bruceton. While H I S was there, Bruceton had some marvelous teams and some great players came from there. We at Camden are very proud of our coaches and the teams they have produced. I am an old and a new fan of Camden. I have followed them faithfully for the last 5 years. The 20+ years prior to that I followed Uncle Sam wherever he sent me. I am very proud of that team also. So go ahead Milan, be proud. We here in Camden are proud. Welcome to our house. Hope you can back Camden after the game is over Friday night. We plan to win but if we don't and Milan does I for one will pull for you to win State but I don't think this is Milans year. Camden 21 Milan 7

Milan you have the right to be proud of you team past and present. As a rule all things go in cycles and good things do come to an end. Huntingdon has fielded a few powerhouse teams in the past as well as Bruceton. While H I S was there, Bruceton had some marvelous teams and some great players came from there. We at Camden are very proud of our coaches and the teams they have produced. I am an old and a new fan of Camden. I have followed them faithfully for the last 5 years. The 20+ years prior to that I followed Uncle Sam wherever he sent me. I am very proud of that team also. So go ahead Milan, be proud. We here in Camden are proud. Welcome to our house. Hope you can back Camden after the game is over Friday night. We plan to win but if we don't and Milan does I for one will pull for you to win State but I don't think this is Milans year. Camden 21 Milan 7

I agree 100% with what you've said here. It's always great to have pride in your team. And Camden has had a great team over the past, especially since Ward has taken over the program there. He's a great coach BTW! And I commend you for your 20 years of service, I am now following Uncle Sam where he takes me and been doing it for almost 5 years now. So it's been a long time since I've been able to watch my Bulldogs play, but it hasn't kept me from keeping up with them week after week. And as far as Camden beating Milan, if that happens I can almost guarantee that the Milan faithful will back Camden to represent the West this year against the mighty Alcoa. But here's for a great game this coming Friday. Wish I could be there, but from Jacksonville I'll say good luck Bulldogs!

I agree 100% with what you've said here. It's always great to have pride in your team. And Camden has had a great team over the past, especially since Ward has taken over the program there. He's a great coach BTW! And I commend you for your 20 years of service, I am now following Uncle Sam where he takes me and been doing it for almost 5 years now. So it's been a long time since I've been able to watch my Bulldogs play, but it hasn't kept me from keeping up with them week after week. And as far as Camden beating Milan, if that happens I can almost guarantee that the Milan faithful will back Camden to represent the West this year against the mighty Alcoa. But here's for a great game this coming Friday. Wish I could be there, but from Jacksonville I'll say good luck Bulldogs!

Line um up and let's get ready the smack talking is almost over! I reckon it will be a full house in Camden tomorrow night! I have no dog in this fight but good luck to both the Dawgs and the Lions! :thumb:

I think the young team with all the O-line injuries the last 2 weeks may be too much for the Dawgs to overcome. They're going to have to play a good ball game not allowing the big play and make a few themselves. The last time I sat on the visitor side for a couple of hours before kickoff in the freezing temps I went home a little disappointed. Hope this one turns out better. Hope both teams play well and injury free. Someone's gonna need em against GP/PC and definitely against you know who. Camden's more likely to win but I'll take the Dawgs by 6.

Edited by bulldawgs#1

I think the young team with all the O-line injuries the last 2 weeks may be too much for the Dawgs to overcome. They're going to have to play a good ball game not allowing the big play and make a few themselves. The last time I sat on the visitor side for a couple of hours before kickoff in the freezing temps I went home a little disappointed. Hope this one turns out better. Hope both teams play well and injury free. Someone's gonna need em against GP/PC and definitely against you know who. Camden's more likely to win but I'll take the Dawgs by 6.

Was just discussing that last night with the wife. Been years ago and still seems fresh!!! That one hurt!!!