Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

Hampton took care of South in a close one. Football players were a lil winded but played well....great TEAM BALL!

Hope they continue it!

Thanks for the compliment on my "sells out for the TEAM" post. It sounds like everything is going great up there so far. They can do a lot as long as they play together as a team. Go Dogs!!!

Which South did our Dogs beat tonight and what was the score?

It will be interesting to see how Hampton responds to Coach Smith. You all are definitely sitting good now that you have him. If the players buy into his system, Hampton could be a fixture at the state tournament year in and year out. I have to remind yall though, that the Highlanders are still sitting in the shadows listening to all this talk. The level of play and new found traditions at Cloudland didn't go away with Smith. Carpenter has proven to everyone he has what it takes to keep the Highlanders bringing home all the championships. In fact, I really like whats going on on the mountain right now as far as hoops go. Just remember when you pound your chest, the King is going to remind you about Cloudland. :lol::twisted:

Thanks for the compliment on my "sells out for the TEAM" post. It sounds like everything is going great up there so far. They can do a lot as long as they play together as a team. Go Dogs!!!

Which South did our Dogs beat tonight and what was the score?

Sullivan South....by just a couple of points....Ward, Jones, Lyons only had Sunday practice and was on the floor ALOT and wore out!

It will be interesting to see how Hampton responds to Coach Smith. You all are definitely sitting good now that you have him. If the players buy into his system, Hampton could be a fixture at the state tournament year in and year out. I have to remind yall though, that the Highlanders are still sitting in the shadows listening to all this talk. The level of play and new found traditions at Cloudland didn't go away with Smith. Carpenter has proven to everyone he has what it takes to keep the Highlanders bringing home all the championships. In fact, I really like whats going on on the mountain right now as far as hoops go. Just remember when you pound your chest, the King is going to remind you about Cloudland. :lol::twisted:

King, my ole pal Pujo pointed you out to me at the Hampton/Cloudland game just in case I had to buy your supper. :shock: .... I wish I had introduced myself so we both could put faces to one another.

I have known Smith for some time and Im happy hes at H-Town. I also have known Carp for many years and respect his talent to teach and gain respect.

I wouldnt say we are pounding our chest toward Cloudland nor overlooking anyone in our conf.

We SHOULD be very good this year....we SHOULD HAVE been very good last year! And they expect to win the conf, dist, and head to state. Now, if they dont practice with determination, dont play as a team, and overlook Cloudland........it will be another sorry season!

Sullivan South....by just a couple of points....Ward, Jones, Lyons only had Sunday practice and was on the floor ALOT and wore out!

Hampton has the chance to be a very good team, chemistry will be what defines them. They have had too much finger pointing by the parents and kids the past few seasons. I hope they can all get on the same page and get the jeolosy out of their system. All these kids are going to have good nights and bad nights. Play with one heartbeat and you will have a great and enjoyable season.

King, my ole pal Pujo pointed you out to me at the Hampton/Cloudland game just in case I had to buy your supper. :shock: .... I wish I had introduced myself so we both could put faces to one another.

I have known Smith for some time and Im happy hes at H-Town. I also have known Carp for many years and respect his talent to teach and gain respect.

I wouldnt say we are pounding our chest toward Cloudland nor overlooking anyone in our conf.

We SHOULD be very good this year....we SHOULD HAVE been very good last year! And they expect to win the conf, dist, and head to state. Now, if they dont practice with determination, dont play as a team, and overlook Cloudland........it will be another sorry season!

And even if you play well against Cloudland,that won't garentee anything. Cloudland has quite a bit of talent themselves. I really don't see where either team has much of an edge. One thing that comes to my mind is Smith being at Hampton, he will know the strengths and weaknesses of every Cloudland player, that could be a huge factor.

Hampton has the chance to be a very good team, chemistry will be what defines them. They have had too much finger pointing by the parents and kids the past few seasons. I hope they can all get on the same page and get the jeolosy out of their system. All these kids are going to have good nights and bad nights. Play with one heartbeat and you will have a great and enjoyable season.

I hope they gel as the football team did. There were some all-stars on there and noone was jealous. Sometimes you have an all-star that gets jealous when all the attention doesnt come his way. Could have been a problem on the football team this year, but they were BIGGER than that! NOONE WINS BY THEMSELVES! Forget what the papers and write-ups say! As our football team, this basketball team doesnt have just one that is capable of scoring or winning a game more than others. If they play as a team, you'll not hear a squeek out of a parent nor player. But if selfish goals and attitudes take up, (and I dont think that will happen), the coaching staff will take care of it this year. :thumb:

Just dont think jealousy amongst players was the issue....lack of team ball was!

Edited by uknoit2