Clarksville NE @ HENDERSONVILLE

Newcastle

The only thing I can see beating the Commandos is themselves or that deadly speed Clarksville NE brings to the table. It's going to be a great hard faught gain and from the sounds of it Clarksville NE's Dline will make you earn what you get. The Commandos will be ready.

Commandos - 30 Clarksville NE- 19

NE was not even the fastest team in their distric. They are physical and have a solid a team.

How does Henry County remain 5A:

2008 ENROLLMENT 2010 ENROLLMENT

DICKSON 1523 1472

ROSSVIEW 1498 1488

HENRY 1460

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I can see beating the Commandos is themselves or that deadly speed Clarksville NE brings to the table. It's going to be a great hard faught gain and from the sounds of it Clarksville NE's Dline will make you earn what you get. The Commandos will be ready.

Commandos - 30 Clarksville NE- 19

NE was not even the fastest team in their distric. They are physical and have a solid a team.

DICKSON 1523 1472

ROSSVIEW 1498 1488

HENRY 1460 1434

Edited by LIFEFITNESS

bigf150 Ridgeway hasn't even gotten passed this week yet. You probably havent even seen Hendersonville play either so tell me what gives you this prediction besides looking at their record?

Actually i would like to change my mind. I HOPE Hendersonville gets to play Ridgeway next week... if we beat NE that is...

I have done some lookin at Ridgeway and they have NO kicking game AT ALL. alot of extra points end up getting blocked or missed. they will most always go for it on 4th downs. They do have a good QB and 2 good TBs but when you consider a deep kickoff to the 30 yd line, i like our chances. If ridgeway gets passed NS and HHS knocks off NE we will pick this back up.. until then best of luck

GO COMMANDOS

DICKSON 1523 1472

ROSSVIEW 1498 1488

HENRY 1460 1434

Is it safe to assume that you think Henry County should be 6-A??? If that is true then Northeast (which will drop down next year) is really a 4-A school and they beat Henry County (a potential 6-A) last week. Red Warrior won't like this line of thinking but it is interesting

NE would not be a surprise win. HHS knows they have a great team rolling in friday.

Hendersonville is a physical team and from what i have heard, other than what BarnBurner09 has already said, NE has some speed on their side which Hendersonville is lacking this year. I think this game will be a lot closer and a harder win for Hendersonville than what most people are saying. Im saying this will be close by a at most a touchdown but most likely 3 points.

HHS - 24

NE - 21

Edited by OPDumboDrop

Hendersonville is a physical team and from what i have heard, other than what BarnBurner09 has already said, NE has some speed on their side which Hendersonville is lacking this year. I think this game will be a lot closer and a harder win for Hendersonville than what most people are saying. Im saying this will be close by a at most a touchdown but most likely 3 points.

HHS - 24

NE - 21

I agree with your projection but will not place a winner for either team.

the winner scores 24 with the losing team 21!

Northeast just does not have some speed, but they have at least 5 boys running 4.5 forties, and Reco Williams #34 can run his forty in 4.7. The fastest of all of them is Rutledge which can run a 4.47 forty. Plus they are pretty big too and healthy for the first time in a long time. If Northeast can stop the fumbles, play great special teams, then the Eagles just may win this game. I will say the game will be focused on the QB play of Northeast QB Jalen Reves! The winning team of this game will be 7 or less! Two really good defenses will play friday night!

Edited by theydontcare

Actually i would like to change my mind. I HOPE Hendersonville gets to play Ridgeway next week... if we beat NE that is...

I have done some lookin at Ridgeway and they have NO kicking game AT ALL. alot of extra points end up getting blocked or missed. they will most always go for it on 4th downs. They do have a good QB and 2 good TBs but when you consider a deep kickoff to the 30 yd line, i like our chances. If ridgeway gets passed NS and HHS knocks off NE we will pick this back up.. until then best of luck

GO COMMANDOS

Beech won the state championship last year while never kicking a field goal, missing at least 40% of their pat's and pooch kicking nearly every kickoff. I'm not saying poor kicking can't hurt you, just saying in high school, it's possible to get by without it. Good luck Commandos.

Is it safe to assume that you think Henry County should be 6-A??? If that is true then Northeast (which will drop down next year) is really a 4-A school and they beat Henry County (a potential 6-A) last week. Red Warrior won't like this line of thinking but it is interesting

NE played CHS last week. I am asking why Henry County is 5A based on the enrollement numbers listed on the TSSAA page, there is not much difference in the enrollment numbers for Henry County, Dickson and Rossview.

I agree with your projection but will not place a winner for either team.

the winner scores 24 with the losing team 21!

Northeast just does not have some speed, but they have at least 5 boys running 4.5 forties, and Reco Williams #34 can run his forty in 4.7. The fastest of all of them is Rutledge which can run a 4.47 forty. Plus they are pretty big too and healthy for the first time in a long time. If Northeast can stop the fumbles, play great special teams, then the Eagles just may win this game. I will say the game will be focused on the QB play of Northeast QB Jalen Reves! The winning team of this game will be 7 or less! Two really good defenses will play friday night!

I see Rutledge run when I attend my nieces track meets and I can agree that Mr Rutledge can run a 4.47, no one else on that team runs a 4.5. I would be suprised if there are 4 players in the County that have ran legitimate 4.5s. I don't know #34 but I hear great things about him, I have only seen him play a few times, but I don't think he can run a legit 4.7.

NE played CHS last week. I am asking why Henry County is 5A based on the enrollement numbers listed on the TSSAA page, there is not much difference in the enrollment numbers for Henry County, Dickson and Rossview.

The reason why Henry County is not 6A is because the TSSAA deemed that Henry County play 5A just as they did Morristown East who had an enrollment of 1,464 in 2008. Henry County's enrollment was 1,460 which if my math is correct, is 4 students less than the largest 5A team..Morristown East. Furthermore, Brighton High School WAS the smallest 6A school with an enrollment of 1,466. The TSSAA made the line at 1,465 dividing the AAA regular season into two (2) equal number of schools based on enrollment numbers both above and below the 1,465 enrollment number. Simply put, the line has to be somewhere...just because a certain school is close to the line does not mean that the school should automatically be bumped over the line based on the past history of success OR sent below the line because the school is not competitive!...You are what you're enrollment says you are....it's pretty simple!

Since this is the Hendersonville/Northeast thread, I will take this time to say that I am thankful to the TSSAA for insisting that the Northeast Eagles remain a member of District 10-AAA...I did not (personally) like the idea of losing them as a district opponent..they are too valueable to District 10-AAA in all sports! This being said, I still believe the Eagles have a long road ahead against the Commandos ...good luck to both teams! It should be a great atmosphere in H'ville!

Edited by QBClubPrez

Don't say this too loud, RW won't like it that a school with 4-A numbers is still playing a Henry County is not. We are "talkin football" not logic. This is be the most illogical thread you will ever seen.

Edited by TheCommissioner