District 11AA

31ballfan

Cheatham County defeated Greenbrier on Tuesday and East Hickman on Thursday. On Friday night the Cubs traveled to Rossview and played their best game of the 3 in my opinion and despite the loss they competed and battled with a Class AAA team. I think that the Cubs are ready to make some noise in District 11-AA after being in the cellar the last 3 years. Reece Hunter did not play football this season and it has helped his game on the basketball court tremendously. He is off to a great start. Devin Conner, Shaun Montgomery, Thatcher Brinkley, and soon to be Mitchell Potts are all tough kids who work hard and compete Conner, Montgomery, and Brinkley are all off to great starts on the season. Dominic DeWalt is having a great start to his senior year. Jake Saunders and Wesley Harlan are guys who despite being freshmen are not scared by any means.

I think that Montgomery Central is the best overall team in the district. Trevor Moore (#23 their PG) is a 3-year starter who can play.

Harpeth is off to a great start and I would never bet against them. Jamie Wilson's teams are always tough and gritty and battle you til the end.

Creek Wood has the best "big" in the district in Woody Correll. He is a matchup nightmare for other teams around the district.

Stewart County is a tough team that will always play you hard. Taylor Craig is back for them and he's a very good basketball player (I wonder if football season has affected him early this season).

• 2 weeks later...

My predictions:

1. Montgomery Central

2. Harpeth

3. Waverly

4. Creek Wood

5. Stewart County

6. Cheatham County

7. Camden

I think this is like the last few years; not really any very good teams, but a lot of teams that can beat each other. So it may not be great basketball being played, but it should make for an interesting race and tournament. I do think Montgomery Central is probably the clear cut favorite with Harpeth, Waverly, Creek Wood and Stewart County all fighting for 2nd through 5th and Cheatham County and Camden clearly being 6th and 7th. Just my opinion though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big win by the Harpeth Indians over Montgomery Central last night as it gives them an early leg up in the district race. Boys are playing some good ball.

this game was a rough one for montgomery central. i dont see harpeth beating them twice. npot so sure its that great of ball playin on harpeths side either.

• 3 weeks later...

DISTRICT 11-AA STANDINGS & SCHEDULE

1.) Harpeth (6-1)

2.) Waverly (6-2)

3.) Montgomery Central (3-3)

4.) Stewart County (3-4)

5.) Camden (2-4)

6.) Creek Wood (3-5)

7.) Cheatham County (1-5)

TONIGHT'S MATCHUPS

Harpeth @ Montgomery Central

Stewart County @ Waverly

Creek Wood @ Cheatham County

TUESDAY'S MATCHUPS

Waverly @ Camden

Cheatham County @ Harpeth

Creek Wood @ Montgomery Central

THURSDAY'S MATCHUPS

Harpeth @ Stewart County

Montgomery Central @ Camden

FRIDAY'S MATCHUPS

Cheatham County @ Stewart County

Montgomery Central @ Waverly

Creek Wood @ Camden

TUESDAY'S MATCHUPS

Waverly @ Cheatham County

Camden @ Harpeth

Stewart County @ Montgomery Central

THURSDAY'S MATCHUP

Camden @ Cheatham County

FRIDAY'S MATCHUPS

Montgomery Central @ Cheatham County

Camden @ Stewart County

Harpeth @ Creek Wood

Cheatham County (5-14 overall; 1-6 in district) travels to Harpeth tonight in what will be a rematch of last month's 65-59 battle that was won by the Indians in Ashland City. I predicted that the Cubs would not finish dead last in the district at the start of this season. They have a trip to Stewart County & home games against Waverly, Camden, & Montgomery Central remaining after tonight. There is also a trip to Greenbrier in non-district play on the slate as well. I'm anxious to see if this young (and very improved) Cubs team can begin to climb the District 11-AA ladder and become a contender heading into tournament play in just a few short weeks.

I'm anxious to see if anybody in this district can stay within 10 points of anybody in the other district in the region. Harpeth is on top in this district and they are playing horrible basketball. Spring Hill, Marshall County, Giles County and Page will have 11AA for lunch.

I hate to say that I miss Sycamore, but dang if I don't. I think this district is exponentially down since Sycamore and Fairview left and they picked up Camden. Not that Fairview brought anything to the table except 2 more wins to the top teams in the district. An all district team out of this years district couldn't beat anybody in the top 4 from the old district. What's going on?

Edited by ksgovols